Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The new DD....Euro content!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The new DD....Euro content!!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I just picked up a new daily driver. I had pretty much the same car in stock form but sold it to a guy who really liked it. After just a week, the regret set in and I had to pick up another one [Big Grin] . These E39 bimmers have got to be the best DD's...at least in my experience. Here's a couple pictures of what I had and what I just picked up. Flame on haters [Razz]

The one I sold...

-

My current...

-

-

-

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm feel'n that. what are those going for?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
I'm feel'n that. what are those going for?

Thanks bro. They go anywhere from $3.5k to $9k depending on year, model, miles, etc. Both of mine are 98 528i's. The current one is te Sport model with the full M5 kit, 19" AC Schnitzer, and exhaust. My previous one was stock and cleaner overall but I made some money off it [Wink]

--------------------

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you feel about this one Ian?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3144300539.html

I might be in the market for a new DD, was thinking of buying a new beater and a toy, but logic and reality set in and I just can't afford a toy so I'd rather cash out on a nice daily. I like both of the BMWs you posted so I might look into them. Lol.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car! After driving a few I'd rock one!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice EYE-an...anytime you want some of the E90...let me know [Smile]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both are very nice. I like the white on the first DD but the body kit and wheels on your new DD look much better [Cool]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Used to eat those in my old Lincoln LS, definetly nice rides though. Loving the the wheels and M5 kit.

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
6speed or auto?? How's that exhaust sound??

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like!

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Thanks guys! It's definitely not all that fast but it's a super comfortable and stable ride. My white one was cleaner in and out, but I had to take the money and run! This one is how I wanted to setup my white one, so I lucked out with it being all M5-cloned out already [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
6speed or auto?? How's that exhaust sound??

Its an auto. Gotta get something the wife can drive! Exhaust is actually pretty quiet. The guy said its just a modified stock M5 exhaust that they welded onto this car. It's basically for looks.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks VERY nice Ian... I always loved the E39 Bimmers, matter of fact I was looking into an M5 before I got the V, but I was afraid of the reliability. That rear bumper looks more like a 540I rear bumper though because of the single exhaust outlet.

I always loved those AC Schnitzer wheels too! SCORE!!!

How reliable are these 528I's? I may have to look into one for a DD for my lady?

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Looks VERY nice Ian... I always loved the E39 Bimmers, matter of fact I was looking into an M5 before I got the V, but I was afraid of the reliability. That rear bumper looks more like a 540I rear bumper though because of the single exhaust outlet.

I always loved those AC Schnitzer wheels too! SCORE!!!

How reliable are these 528I's? I may have to look into one for a DD for my lady?

Thanks Dustin! Yea I would've loved to get a real M5 but I couldn't DD it and I don't have the cash like that for a beater/DD lol! These e39 528's are actually pretty reliable from what I can tell. When properly maintained they can last a really long time.

--------------------

3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice!
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice i had a black 98 528 drove grea for a year tehn sold it got the 745 now
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What type of gas mileage do they get?

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I averaged low 20's with my white one. I hear they can get close to 30mpg on the highway being easy on the throttle. I drive a lot of city driving so my mpg's weren't all that great.

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
" she only see's me with european keys"
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is my old E39 before I added the M5 rear bumper. Awesome DD, but I must say the 530 has alot more pep than the 528. The only issue with these cars is failing cooling systems. ( cracked radiators and failing water pumps)

-

[ July 18, 2012, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: CAStang ]

Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by CAStang:
 -

Very nice! I like that color. If I didn't already have these ACS wheels I'd get staggered M parallels like yours.

The previous owner did some cooling maintenance but not sure if the radiator was changed. I should look into it!

--------------------

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This one looks better than the old one Ian. I kinda like these DD bimmers. I worked on a few earlier this year. There a lot different than american or japanese cars but if maintenance is up to date they run very well.

[ July 18, 2012, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Boss 327 ]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com