Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » any longshoreman here?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: any longshoreman here?
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just wanted to see if i work with any cafords members here at the port of oakland?great job best benefits in industry and best union ilwu.

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Mustang Guru
¯
Member # 4119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustang Guru  Ford pictures for Mustang Guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nah me but my buddy Jason does he is a mechanic out there

--------------------
1990 x-chp highway lil 302
1977 caprice classic 2dr.{Sold} 1988 coupe 4cyl dd{sold}

Posts: 1171 | From: Uptown Bound | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my mom does lol...she has been workin there 30 somethin years..she was either the 1st or 2nd woman to work in the ports..(not sure if 1st or 2nd lol)

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard E-Sic from the cold world hustlers is still a longshoremen at the oakland port...hes been there for a minute, so i guess he digs it...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dsz06  Ford pictures for Dsz06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 4 uncles and that worked there for over 10 years and my dad is starting in a week

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Posts: 589 | From: SaN FRANCISCO/Foster City | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd like to be one of the guys who load and unload the containers with the crane. I know they make good money and have bad ass job IMO. [Cool]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
I'd like to be one of the guys who load and unload the containers with the crane. I know they make good money and have bad ass job IMO. [Cool]

yup they make 500 a day.a walking boss makes anywhere from 60-75 an hour no college degree or education required one of the best jobs without goin to school.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ How would you even attempt to apply for that job? I'm a forklift certified & a Class A driver right now. So keeping my head on a swivel is second nature LOL. But I'd love to add that skill along with the pay to my repertoire. [Cool]

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
^ How would you even attempt to apply for that job? I'm a forklift certified & a Class A driver right now. So keeping my head on a swivel is second nature LOL. But I'd love to add that skill along with the pay to my repertoire. [Cool]

u cant apply for it back in 2005 they had a hiring in oakland by jack london square thousands of people lined up the streets and basically they put everyones name in a jar and whoever they picked got called i was lucky.theres still thousands of people on the waiting list waiting to get called.so i doubt they will be hiring any time soon.

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
Originally posted by 94 BLK 5.0:
I have 4 uncles and that worked there for over 10 years and my dad is starting in a week

was your dad on the waiting list they barely called him?

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
my mom does lol...she has been workin there 30 somethin years..she was either the 1st or 2nd woman to work in the ports..(not sure if 1st or 2nd lol)

so im sure your mom makes pretty good money my friends been there 10 yrs and an A man on a bad week he brings home 1000

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Back in the day i was looking to get on as a longshoremen. But it was practically impossible to get hired
Luckily i got on at pg&e and now and make just as much if not more then i ever would as a longshoremen. Good luck guys, i hope you get the job but dont hold your breath...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

ive go to go in those cranes before security got hella tight..it was awesome espically cause i was under 10yo..ive gotten to drive alot of the vehicles at the ports..

quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:

so im sure your mom makes pretty good money my friends been there 10 yrs and an A man on a bad week he brings home 1000
yup hella bank lol she works in the evergreen part berth 52 i think she said...her name is maureen you might know her

[ July 13, 2012, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: coupe5oh ]

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Back in the day i was looking to get on as a longshoremen. But it was practically impossible to get hired
Luckily i got on at pg&e and now and make just as much if not more then i ever would as a longshoremen. Good luck guys, i hope you get the job but dont hold your breath...

the good thing about a longshoreman is theres never layoffs if no ships come in they give you unemployment all in all u get paid ilwu fights and dies for there workers obama wont even fuck with them.the job really is a goldmine but it's very dangerous.

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

the good thing about a longshoreman is theres never layoffs if no ships come in they give you unemployment all in all u get paid ilwu fights and dies for there workers obama wont even fuck with them.the job really is a goldmine but it's very dangerous.

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:

Theres never layoffs or paycuts at pg&e either people always need gas and electricity. [Smile]

--------------------

Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dsz06  Ford pictures for Dsz06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94 BLK 5.0:

was your dad on the waiting list they barely called him?
Yea he has orientation on Monday and my Uncle is a walk in boss make bank wish I could get in I would have a Cammed zo6 or a kb on a termi lol [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Posts: 589 | From: SaN FRANCISCO/Foster City | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Cousin Tony works out there in the ports has a crane operator

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

How does he like it? How did he get the job? Did he know someone or did he just apply ?

--------------------

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

How does he like it? How did he get the job? Did he know someone or did he just apply ?
He likes it a lot he gets payed REAL good money. I really don't know how he got in but he's been there for awhile now.

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

theres no hiring the people that were there have been there for awhile now.If people are just starting to work there now that means they have been ona waiting list since 2005.Basically if u didn't go back in 99 or 05 to stand in that long line u cant get in.

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

you can't apply or knowing somebody wont get you in that's just how it is.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com