Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who here knows who this is?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who here knows who this is?
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is really gonna expose your age but who here knows who this is?This is from way back when the big rivalry was between Mustangs and Grand Nationals.If you dont know you should find out. [worship]
RIP.

-  -  -

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mr.Racin' Jason [worship] [worship] easily top 3 of the founding fathers of 5liter foxbody PRO5.0 Racing..RIP to a LEGEND in the game,I was just a child reading about cats like Racin Jason,Les Bear,and the Gliddens but can never forget the true hardcore drag racers from time past,good post 50daddy [patriot]

[ July 06, 2012, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LEGEND!!!

-

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and ppl diss vert's smh looks like he was handling shit in a vert's yeee

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember him for sure! Thanks for the post [patriot]
Any idea what he died of? I dont remember?

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:

he died at the track..

basically: his car blew a tire at the big end and the wreck took his life

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

he died at the track..

Oh yeah [Frown] I remember now. Thanks for the update.
RIP to a true Innovator [patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
LEGEND!!!

-

Actually his name was "Racin Jason" Betwarda.Dont know who that is in the obituary,oops.
He died on June 12th 1999,when he wrecked the red coupe pictured in the first post during testing i believe.He was one of the first guys who put Mustang racing on the map and earned Mustangs alot of the respect they get today.
Heres a vid of the vert,it was the first Mustang in the 7's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf-TO8LIsyE

[ July 06, 2012, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

he died at the track..

Oh yeah [Frown] I remember now. Thanks for the update.
RIP to a true Innovator [patriot]

an it was in ford prode an the wreck was done in testing.the vert still looks the same a car collecter owns it now
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another huge loss was Steve Grebeck. Very smart man who pushed 10.5 Turbo cars into another level! RIP

-

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

He died testing the 93 coupe,heres his obituary.
RIP

BETWARDA, JASON E. - "Racin" Jason Betwarda, of Scarsdale, lost his life doing something that he enjoyed the most, in a tragic accident in June 12, 1999 at the Lebanon Valley Dragway (outside of Albany), while testing his red single turbo 10.5 inch tire "93" LX Coupe. He was preparing for a race at the Maple Grove Race Track in Pennsylvania next week. Jason was one of the founders of the 5.0 movement driving his twin-turbo convertible Mustang to outrageous elapsed times and fans knew that he owned the fastest Mustang on the planet. Memberships include the N.H.R.A, and the N.S.C.A. and the Hot Rod Association. Born in Yonkers on August 19, 1970, Jason was the beloved son of Jack and Jo Anne (Forcelli) Betwarda. He attended Yonkers schools, Iona Prep and attended Pace University for two years. Mr. Betwarda held the position of Vice-President for two family controlled companies in Paterson, NJ, the Wards Ice Cream Company and the Ameriseru Corporation. Survivors include his loving fiance, Anna Roldan and stepdaughter, Janice; and grandmothers Margaret Forcelli and Marie Betwarda. He is also the fond nephew of Peter and Anthony Forcelli; Bill Betwarda; Irene Mallon; Maryanne Falcone and Patricia Profeta. In addition, he is survived by many cousins. His two grandfathers, Peter Forcelli, Sr, and Emmanuel Betwarda, died earlier. Friends may call at the Sinatra Memorial Home on Tuesday from 2-4 and 7-9 pm. A funeral mass will be celebrated on Wednesday at Our Lady of Fatima Church at 10 am followed by entombment at Ferncliff Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers, contributions to Saint Judeës Childrenës Hospital preferred. "THE SINATRA FAMILY OF FUNERAL HOMES" SINATRA MEMORIAL HOME 601 Yonkers Avenue, Yonkers (914)963-5263

Published: Tuesday, June 15th, 1999

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Steve Grebeck: [worship]

--------------------

STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oops...copied wrong image.....that was a different racing jason lol

anyway my bad on the mixup image

-

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
Another huge loss was Steve Grebeck. Very smart man who pushed 10.5 Turbo cars into another level! RIP

-

+100000000 RIP [burnout]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
wcs1993
¯
Member # 11111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wcs1993  Ford pictures for wcs1993    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still have magazines from back in the day with the convert on the cover and numerous articles of Racin Jason. Those were the good ol days!

--------------------
93 EX CHP - Terminator swap, full MM
66 Convert 4spd, A code
03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
15 Ecoboost Fusion
98 SVT Contour
07 Expedition Limited

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup....im 40, i got my first stang in 1987, it was a '66 coupe
i got my first 5.0 in 1990 , a AOD GT

hooked since....on my 6th stang as we speak

im sure i still have some of those magazines in a box somewhere.

those were the good ole days...now i gotta race crappy rice rockets that suck and its not even much fun anymore.

oh well RIP to both of them

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com