Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Average Corvette Pricing (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Average Corvette Pricing
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im hoping to finish my 97' cobra this year and finish paying some debts i owe before the end of this year and was considering buying another car, and i was looking in between a c5 or c6 corvette. I know I know another cafords member getting into a chevy, i dont care i already own a fast cobra in my opinion [Big Grin] . Just wanted to see what they are going for and how many of you have one and how much was it out the lot, and also wanted to ask how they drive [Razz]

[ July 03, 2012, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: 1ST0KGT ]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C5 Z's can go for around $18k these days maybe a bit more. C6's are still way up there in price whether its the LS3 or the Z06. Pretty sure the C6 Z is still up above $40k for used. I've heard the C5's are some great cars to drive, I almost bought one recently actually. Issue is the moment you see the C6 you'll wish you had it, far superior in the looks department
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im not looking to get a z06 just a basic corvette
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I picked up my 1999 C5 with 88K on it, 6 speed, for 11.9.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hit me up if you're looking to get a corvette. I used to work at a chevy dealership and can get you in touch with a cool salesman there.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
I picked up my 1999 C5 with 88K on it, 6 speed, for 11.9.

See that is something i am willing to pay for CASH but im looking to get a car to get credit better, no its not bad just looking to make it good haha

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
Hit me up if you're looking to get a corvette. I used to work at a chevy dealership and can get you in touch with a cool salesman there.

Yeah, i would ask now but i am looking to get one for sure next year around March so if you dont get in an arguement with the dealer ill hit you up haha
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id like to have a c5 z. I think they look better than the c6z

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I own two C5s -

Artic white M6 (6spd):

-

Artic white A4 (auto)

-

I picked up the M6 for $14K with 60K miles and the automatic I got for $11K with more mileage.

You can probably pick one up a decent one for $11-$13K - look around LA/Bakersfield.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
I own two C5s -

Artic white M6 (6spd):

-

Artic white A4 (auto)

-

I picked up the M6 for $14K with 60K miles and the automatic I got for $11K with more mileage.

You can probably pick one up a decent one for $11-$13K - look around LA/Bakersfield.

Those are both nice, I'd prefer the M6 Corvette

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to pay cash for mine. But I also wanted to build some credit. So I put enough down to were I could get financed at a decent rate. My payments are less than 175 month. I pay about 350-400 depending on how I feel. Ill have it payed off within a year.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Id like to have a c5 z. I think they look better than the c6z

C5z's are the best bang for the buck. But if you plan on doing H/C, finding a frc and adding scoops is cheaper lol. My FRC is a Z51, so I still have decent suspension compared to a standard C5.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm considering selling both my fobra and my notchback and replacing them with a c5 z06.

I've seen them from 18k to 30k.

There were some updates done, it seems the 01+ are the ones to get, I'm mainly interested in an 04 for the 50th anniversary stuff.

I don't plan to do any mods to it other than track wheels/tires and track brake pads. ~400hp n/a is plenty for a step up from my ~300hp track toy (fobra).

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
I'm considering selling both my fobra and my notchback and replacing them with a c5 z06.

I've seen them from 18k to 30k.

There were some updates done, it seems the 01+ are the ones to get, I'm mainly interested in an 04 for the 50th anniversary stuff.

I don't plan to do any mods to it other than track wheels/tires and track brake pads. ~400hp n/a is plenty for a step up from my ~300hp track toy (fobra).

Same here I think my cobra is gunna be my torque toy whenever I got a heavy foot, it's over 500hp and I never even stepped foot into a vette but people say its life changing [Big Grin]

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C5z is the best bang for the buck you can get.
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
I was going to pay cash for mine. But I also wanted to build some credit. So I put enough down to were I could get financed at a decent rate. My payments are less than 175 month. I pay about 350-400 depending on how I feel. Ill have it payed off within a year.

I would love to pay 175 a month, I'm going to talk to credit union and see what they can get me

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1ST0KGT:
quote:

I would love to pay 175 a month, I'm going to talk to credit union and see what they can get me
lol bro why dont u save your money and save it towards buying a house! your always making those whoopt ass post on fb bout lily , you might as well buy a house for you two since u already have a car and your whoopt! [Razz]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fag [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by 04cobra408:
quote:
quote:

lol bro why dont u save your money and save it towards buying a house! your always making those whoopt ass post on fb bout lily , you might as well buy a house for you two since u already have a car and your whoopt! [Razz]
Haha I've Been burned [Smile] , haha Na I am not buying a house that's too rich for my blood [dance]

[ July 03, 2012, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: 1ST0KGT ]

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Haha I've Been burned [Smile] , haha Na I am not buying a house that's too rich for my blood [dance]
Fuckin ef lol

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

[ July 03, 2012, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: 408LIGHTNING ]

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a c6z for about 35k, best bang for the buck imo

--------------------
91' Notch

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:

a c6z isn't $15k (about double) better car than a c5z, IMO.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:

The last thing I wanna do is spend a ton of money for another fast car, I'm more comfortable in purchasing a c5 Corvette, it is the best bang for the Buck, excellent looking interior and I don't want something crazy like a z06 I already have one decent HP car I don't want two, especially one that's gunna put me in debt [Big Grin]

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

KING TUT
¯
Member # 11349

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING TUT  Ford pictures for KING TUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that guy said excellent looking interior! hahahahah

--------------------
mess with the best die like the rest

LS fabrication
FFTEC
-SAVAGE HABITS-

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com