Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Motorcycle Riders

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Motorcycle Riders
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey just got my motorcycle after being out of the saddle for so long and can honestly say that I am loving it. I was looking for something little bit easier to commute with so I went ahead and chose the 12' Kawasaki Ninja 650R, I've owned several different 600's before and after getting behind the seat of one, it was just flat out uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, they're fun as hell but my back just couldn't handle it everyday especially during rush hour.

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I take her out for a ride, but for now would like to see if there's fellow riders on the board!

[patriot]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats in the new moto! A buddy of mine had a 650r and loved it!

I used to ride a few years ago...had my first kid, couldn't find time to ride, sold it and got back into the mustang hobby. I ran through like 9 different bikes in the few years that I rode...got a chance to try out all Japan's finest 600's [Big Grin]

Unlike a lot of so called riders though, I actually rode my bikes hard every weekend through the twisties. This is what got me interested in open trackong/road racing my mustang. I can't stand squids that cruise to the local Starbucks and post up for hours staring at their bikes [Roll Eyes]

[ June 27, 2012, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Unlike a lot of so called riders though, I actually rode my bikes hard every weekend through the twisties. This is what got me interested in open trackong/road racing my mustang. I can't stand squids that cruise to the local Starbucks and post up for hours staring at their bikes [Roll Eyes]

I hate those fucking guys, I probably wouldn't fit in since it's not an inline but fuck them, I'd rather drive my 650r to it's full potential than own a 600 and be too of a pussy to really ride it.

[patriot]

I actually had my first squid encounter today, a guy at the local gas was bragging about how he owned the faster version of my bike and about how he bought it brand new in 07 but has only put 400 miles since he bought it [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[worship] [patriot] [patriot]

I usually ride through 84/9 with a bunch of friends on Fridays, let me know if you want to tag along sometimes.

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn! i remember the days of kickstanding at the local starbucks lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've only riden dirt bikes [Frown]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

I usually ride through 84/9 with a bunch of friends on Fridays, let me know if you want to tag along sometimes.

Some of the typical roads me and my buddies would hit are Highway 84, 9, 35, and 1. Then on the other side of the bridge, we'd hit Redwood Rd, Grizzly Peak, and the road that leads from Nile Canyon to castro Valley (I forget the name. Those were the days!

--------------------

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Some of the typical roads me and my buddies would hit are Highway 84, 9, 35, and 1. Then on the other side of the bridge, we'd hit Redwood Rd, Grizzly Peak, and the road that leads from Nile Canyon to castro Valley (I forget the name. Those were the days!
Redwood rd is bumpy as hell!

84 after Alices has the perfect turns lol

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Redwood rd is bumpy as hell!

84 after Alices has the perfect turns lol

Yea, Redwood is really rough but its a pretty technical road and it really built my confidence up. When I started going up to 4-coners/Alice's I thought those roads were cake compared to redwood.

--------------------

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the road that leads from Nile Canyon to castro Valley (I forget the name. Those were the days! [/QB]
Palomares!!

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
the road that leads from Nile Canyon to castro Valley (I forget the name. Those were the days!

Palomares!! [/QB]
Thats the one!

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian, you should get back on one and get a track bike like I did and do some trackdays with me;) so much!

[ June 27, 2012, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: S4OSHUS ]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
Ian, you should get back on one and get a track bike like I did and do some trackdays with me;) so much!

One day bro! So what bike did you end up getting? A track only bike would be nice and keep me out of trouble on the streets [Big Grin]

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got a track only(wife approved) [Wink] 2008 r6, full exhaust with power commander [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
Got a track only(wife approved) [Wink] 2008 r6, full exhaust with power commander [Big Grin]

Nice! I'd want an 03-05 R6 track bike if I do get one. Damn! Now you got me thinking hahaha!

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Slightly cheaper fun [Wink]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Congrats in the new moto! A buddy of mine had a 650r and loved it!

I used to ride a few years ago...had my first kid, couldn't find time to ride, sold it and got back into the mustang hobby. I ran through like 9 different bikes in the few years that I rode...got a chance to try out all Japan's finest 600's [Big Grin]

have you try riding a standard bike instead? that wouldn't kill your back so much specially for everyday commuter. i use to ride sport bikes too. but thinking of getting something more upright next probably a monster.
as for the roads try Mines Rd. it starts in livermore and comes out mt hamilton in san jose. never ending twisties and nobody is there. have fun and keep the rubber side down and shiny side up!

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for mines but watch out for snakes lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

watch out for those little rat squirrels that runs across the road in front of you while your going 100mph! splat!

[ June 28, 2012, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Hyperider ]

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's mine we need to setup a motorcycle ride one of these days....  -

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

watch out for those little rat squirrels that runs across the road in front of you while your going 100mph! splat!
Damn! Did you hit 100 on that one straight before the store?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

it was pass that little mom and pops restaurant on the junction that goes to Patterson Pass. After that there's that long straight away. i was on my old CBR600 F4i. it was actually over 100mph. [Smile]

[ June 29, 2012, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Hyperider ]

--------------------
04 Cobra

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Here's some pictures of my new bike:

-

-

[ June 29, 2012, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: JUNKYARD5.0 ]

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

take some during the day. so we'll see it clearer. so you're in menlo park. alice's is just by you at skyline blvd/35. nice twistie roads up there all the way to highway 9.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com