Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need help with IDing a 66' fastback

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with IDing a 66' fastback
hes2quick
¯
Member # 8916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hes2quick  Ford pictures for hes2quick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm in the process of buying a 66' fastback how can I make sure this car has a clean title and is not a coupe? I know there are people out there that will cut the top half of fastbacks and put it on a coupe. If I remember carfax doesn't go back that far to 66'. How can I make sure the body match the same as the door data plate# on the doors? Any help would be great thanks guys

--------------------
91 coupe with a 6 point cage,draglites, and some suspension work,3.73

Posts: 105 | From: Redwood City now Tempe, AZ | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a website that will decode stuff like that forgot what website but I know what you mean there's a guy in sac who has a couple like that and tries to pass them off as real lol

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
hes2quick
¯
Member # 8916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hes2quick  Ford pictures for hes2quick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, I've heard people doing that just wanna make sure its a real fastback and not salvaged

--------------------

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can definetly tell if its a fastback and not a coupe, there is way to many differences between a coupe and fastback
Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here you go

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/

--------------------
1966 Mustang

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On top of that your in AZ. I believe the company that Car Craft used to turn their coupe into a fastback Is in AZ.

If the metal in the rear is all rust free and looks newer compared to the front. ( that is if it doesn't have paint.) There's a good chance it could be a coupe/fastback conversion. If you wanna get real technical..... Check out the spot welds in front of the car. Do the ones in the rear look the same? Just because the vin comes back clean doesn't mean someone couldn't have swapped the vin #'s with the wreaked fastback either.
Good Luck and let us know if you get it. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

hes2quick
¯
Member # 8916

Now is there a way to check to see if a old car is salvaged?

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hes2quick:
Now is there a way to check to see if a old car is salvaged?

call the dmv or look at the title

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com