Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 15 Year Old Shot In SSF (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 15 Year Old Shot In SSF
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(06-06) 12:13 PDT SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO -- A South San Francisco police officer shot and killed a 15-year-old boy after the teenager pulled a gun, authorities said Wednesday.

The incident began when an officer tried to stop Derrick Gaines in the parking lot of an Arco gas station at 2300 Westborough Blvd. about 9 p.m. Tuesday, police said. The boy was walking with another teenager.

The officer made a pedestrian stop near the gas station pumps because the youths were "engaging in suspicious behavior," police spokesman Capt. Mike Brosnan said at a press conference, without elaborating.

Derrick ran and led the officer on a short chase, police said. As the officer caught up to him, the youth pulled out a gun, prompting the officer to shoot him once, authorities said. Brosnan would not say whether Derrick had pointed the gun at the officer.

The teenager was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he died.

Brosnan said Derrick was known to South San Francisco police but would not elaborate on why. The other teenager, who did not run when the officer stopped Derrick, was not detained, police said.

Police recovered the shot teenager's gun, but Brosnan would not specify its type or say whether it was loaded.

Derrick carried a gun with him for protection "on the streets" but was too "street smart" to pull it on a police officer, said a friend, 16-year-old Lorne Burnham. He was at a small memorial outside the gas station, which consisted of two teddy bears and the message, "Rest in peace, baby boy."

He said Derrick liked rapping and making music and had recently transferred out of South San Francisco High School to be home-schooled.

The officer who shot the boy has not been identified. The shooting is under investigation by police and the San Mateo County district attorney's office.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/06/BA3T1OTOD0.DTL#ixzz1x3AxQ100

here come the protestors...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHY DOES A 16 YEAR OLD HAVE A GUN. HE DESERVED TO DIE IF HE PULLED OUT HIS GUN AT THE OFFICE.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Derrick carried a gun with him for protection "on the streets" but was too "street smart" to pull it on a police officer, said a friend, 16-year-old Lorne Burnham."

Awesome quote lol, man kids are a mess these days, RIP but pulling guns on people especially Police is a no no!

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
"Derrick carried a gun with him for protection "on the streets" but was too "street smart" to pull it on a police officer, said a friend, 16-year-old Lorne Burnham."

Awesome quote lol, man kids are a mess these days, RIP but pulling guns on people especially Police is a no no!

Guess he wasnt that smart...

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post should be named "hero cop goes home safe tonight"

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to laugh if anyone defends the kid. He got what he deserved.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's always the kids you've got to look out for, trying to prove something... RIP, but I wouldn't expect anything less out of the Officer

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Target practice for the cop [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive heard he was throwing insults at the cop, and that prompted the contact...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

1SLW4DR
¯
Member # 11498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLW4DR  Ford pictures for 1SLW4DR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit happens.

--------------------
03 mercury marauder

TireSmokingHooligan.

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, if he did infact pull out a gun, it's kind of the cop's job to stop people of his nature...

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forgot to add for protection....and jackn GTA

[ June 06, 2012, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
Ive heard he was throwing insults at the cop, and that prompted the contact...

go the old saying dont start no shit there will be no shit
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
horrible
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Live by the gun, die by the gun.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, 2 long blocks from my house. I might be giving away my location, but if anybody comes after my car, they'll be in the news too.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
Live by the gun, die by the gun.

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TORTA:
Damn, 2 long blocks from my house. I might be giving away my location, but if anybody comes after my car, they'll be in the news too.

I thought u lived in daly city ? Lmao

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn racist cops! [Mad] [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been sort of crazy in SSF the last few years, not surprised he carried a gun if he was involved with the wrong crowd that could make him a target. RIP. We can't rule the cop out yet though could have been too trigger happy. There's some rookie as cops in SSF now in days.
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

the mom said he was shot because he was a "minority"...its ok to remember him, but dont make excuses for him...he had a gun, and that gun is in evidence. thats the fact right now.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Damn racist cops! [Mad] [patriot]

whew... i was worried it was you!

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
940sick3
CAFords OG
Member # 2713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 940sick3  Ford pictures for 940sick3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

chill. nobody wants a 03
Posts: 552 | From: everywhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

throwing hotdogs!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

i'm coming for it tonight, don't go to sleep, stay up all night making sure I don't show up. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com