Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Stolen Race Car: Found! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stolen Race Car: Found!
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everybody, one of my fellow racers had his car stolen last night. I just received this email this morning. It's not a ford but he's a fellow car enthusiast.

Our own fellow AI racer, Jim Black, had his maroon/burgundy 4th Gen Firebird
stolen from his Castro Valley CA driveway late last night/early this
morning. It was strapped to a Sloan Quik Load trailer.

If you know something, saw something, etc, please contact Jim

Mobile: 510-219-7400
Email: firebird-74@comcast.net

[ June 10, 2012, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: SF Coupe ]

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn i live in castro valley too [Frown] [Mad] [Frown] [Mad]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that sucks!! Is this the burgundy one that ran at sears the last time you were out there? I think ive seen the car before and I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for it.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any pics?
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
these must be some bold out of state guys or something, stealing race cars, they must be using them somewhere far away as parts are pretty much all custom on these cars.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Photos

-

-

Parts

-

-

[ June 05, 2012, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: SF Coupe ]

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear about the loss. Good looking car too.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BS, hope he finds his car and the fucking dirty thieves get caught.
i would never want to leave my car on a trailer.

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK ..I LIVE CV,,SOB

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, seen that car many times at the track. Was it stored on the trailer or was he getting ready to take it out?
Do you know what they busted through to get it (wheels locks etc.)?

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope Jim gets his car back. DAMN THIEVES!!!!

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tim,

Does Jim still have the log book? He should post the rollcage number since that would help identify the car if it gets repainted.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Just got word from Jim this morning - the CHP has recovered his car and
trailer, intact! I'll let you read his announcement below.

Thanks to all of you who helped get the word out!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CHP found my trailer, called me and got a build sheet for a search
warrant and got the car. The bastard who took it is in jail. He was the
guy from Castro Valley involved in the high speed chase this past week in
Pittsburg. I won't see the car until Tuesday and hopefully the court won't
keep it too long. It has some damage but is basically intact.

Not sure what this Karma was all about except it made me realize just how
much I love racing and the folks I've met in the last 15 years. Thanks for
all the support and your network. It was the Internet chatter that led the
crook to send text messages to get rid of the car that led to the finding of
it in a storage unit in Pittsburg.

Please pass the word. Even a secure remote location is not. And be sure you
are totally locked up. I think I'm going to look into video survellance
too.

Thanks,
Jim Black

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats Great!! Glad your buddy will be getting what sounds to be his complete car back!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1994steeda
¯
Member # 6127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1994steeda  Ford pictures for 1994steeda  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any pictures of the guy or a full name? So we can put him on our CaFords list.

Very happy for you that it was recovered!
1994steeda [patriot]

--------------------
I don't buy STOLEN mustang parts...

00 C5 Corvette
94 Gt stolen
94 Gt Stolen
95 GT sold
95 Gt Sold
97 Cobra sold
98 Gt sold
01 Bullitt sold

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's awesome news!!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that's crazy, glad to hear that the car was recovered

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] Glad to hear the car is still intact and on it's way back home.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL thats fuckin awesome (That they caught him). I heard the chase pass right by my house and immediately downloaded a scanner app on my phone and listened in on the Sheriffs as they chased him. That F250 was on rims by the time he was on 4/680. I was wondering WTF someone could be running away for here in Pittsburg. Now that we learned he's the one responsible for stealing the LT1 Hawk I'm real happy he was caught. Felony evade only adds to his lists of charges - awesome!

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/wrong-way-highway-4-high-speed-chase-ends-arrest/nPPcH/

was it this chase?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can't believe it was recovered in one piece [Eek!]

Glad to hear [patriot]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hopefully he car have it ready for this weekends NASA event.
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were they chasing him on Thursday night? If so I saw him being chased on 242 on flats.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1RaReSnAkE
¯
Member # 7951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaReSnAkE  Ford pictures for 1RaReSnAkE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam you are really lucky. Glad you got the car back. Don't hear these stories that often.

--------------------
~2004 Torch Red Cobra~
Tuned by Bob Kurgan-3/22/2014

-2004 Silver Cobra'Tuned By Bob Kurgan'TOTALED R.I.P. 7/28/2013

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good thing he got it back with trailer and everything. Guys like that need a lot of jail time.

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com