Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone work for ups or know someone ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone work for ups or know someone ?
chevyeatr
¯
Member # 7603

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chevyeatr  Ford pictures for chevyeatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got offered a job and I'm just curious of a couple of things before I go and do the whole process of getting hired. If u work there or know someone lmk. Thanks

--------------------
iLliCiT FoRdS

Posts: 936 | From: caliFORDnia | Registered: Apr 2007  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been there 4 years now. You're only gona get offered part time. Gona take awhile for them to offer full time depending on your hub. First 3 months really suck because you have union dues every week and double fees on the first week of the month. You get paid every week. I load. I prolly work an average of 4.5 hours a day. I think they give you full benefits after a year. When I started it was right away. If you're over 21 you can put your name to drive Saturday air. Its pretty relaxed. Driving, not loading. Hopefully within the next year or 2 ill be a full time driver. And no drug test either

[ May 25, 2012, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: SSFGiant ]

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really want to work for UPS or USPS man...

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I Work for UPS as well... If you don't plan on going to college then this is the perfect career. Drivers make about $70k a year and have weekends off with full benefits....

Starting off you will be eithier a loader or unloader, you can get lucky and be a sorter. The first 2 years really suck but after that everything becomes real kick back. Just be prepared to work because if you drag ass this really isn't the place for you.

Me personally, I hate working there. For the amount of work I do my pay is very well. However I get stressed out over BS. It has motivated me to finish school and get a 9-5 job with less stress and more pay.... Then again I'm a non-union, management employee lol...

[ May 25, 2012, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
chevyeatr
¯
Member # 7603

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chevyeatr  Ford pictures for chevyeatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good. Yea I don't plan on continuing school. It's not for me. I don't mind the work. I work long shifts already but the pay isn't good for the amount of work I do. Thanks for your input fellas.

--------------------
iLliCiT FoRdS

Posts: 936 | From: caliFORDnia | Registered: Apr 2007  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like I mentioned earlier. Been here 4 years but just recently started getting paid for the work I put here. If you wanna get paid UPS isn't the place to be. Its gona tak along time. I heard fedex and ontrac pay more but they don't have union. Goodluck

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been there for like 14 years and have done a little of everything. What job were u offered? We get good benifits and time off and pay for what we do.
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was a UPS recruiter/interviewer for 4 years 2004 to 2008. Good company to grow from because they promote from within 90% of the time. Anything specific you would like to know?

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay away from small hubs less opportunity, the bigger the hub the more chances to move up. We here in Northbay have a hard time to get people to come up to feeder which is the highest position. Package people don't want to come to feeder cause of the weed or what ever and they're just set in there ways. So they went down to part time people w/ a class A permit. There is a guy that just came up to feeder that's been with the company only 5 yrs all because he already had a class A permit. That man is truly blessed to go from maybe 500 gross to up to 2300 gross per week. 60hrs a week of course.

--------------------
No half steppin

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com