Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How many of you have baby seats in your Mustang?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How many of you have baby seats in your Mustang?
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont have any kids yet. Just curious. It doesnt really sound safe lol but how many of you have had a baby seat in the back seat?

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had a booster seat in mines. It worked out good since she was already old enough to hop in and out. But I wouldnt be able to do it with a 3 and under kid. To much work and no room
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres no latches to anchor a car seat down, you can only run the lap/shoulder belt to secure it...which isnt tight and the car seat is still somewhat loose...not car seat friendly at all

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone ever try to race you guys while you had your kid in there lol?

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A little one on the way dog?? Lol

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
A little one on the way dog?? Lol

not that i know of lol

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never had a problem they were nice and snug in my notch only problem i had was i had to sit up to far

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am able to put one of the front facing ones in the back seat of my new edge. There are the anchor tabs on the rear dash for the upper strap, and if you kneel in the baby seat, and pull the lap belt all the way out and then allow it to retract it will lock down the bottom of the seat. Havent had a chance to put it in the 91 yet.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I was watching my boy when he was 6 months old, I had to go pick something up and the Mustang was the only car I had. Needless to say, baby seats weren't really a consideration when they were designing the back seat of the 1968 Mustang. It barely fit, and he survived that trip, so I guess it all worked out.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd never have a baby seat in my mustang, i do have it on my GSXR tho.

-

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:

When I lived in Galt on a corner spot, a dude ina 99-04 Mustang did some donuts in the intersection and good ole' johnny law just happened to be rollin up the street watching this dude have his fun,come to find out dude had his kiddies in the back seat and they got him for child endangerment,wreckless driving + a tow [Eek!] [Eek!] I knew all this cause his parents (elderly couple) came by my house the next day and jammed me up cause we did donuts all the time there that it was our fault and we "antagonized him" and we should go tell Galt pd that he was a good father yadda yadda yadda...Lol, I told her that he was a grown ass man and he should learn to look both ways up the street before u do some dumb shit and NOT have the kids in the car if u do as-well..random story but before u screw around with kids in the car think twice,cops don't play kind to that shit [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
nando50lx
¯
Member # 8295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nando50lx  Ford pictures for nando50lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have front facing seat for my 2 yr old in my foxbody.he sits behind passenger seat.my wife is shorter so no issue there just a kick once in a while.no issues that I know of just put my weight on seat to allow seatbelt to retract as much as possible.plus he gets a better view than when he rode in fam car which is no longer.now the stang pulls double duty.
Posts: 117 | From: cencal, CA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have a infant seat that has to be rear facing,they barely fit in the back seat..i drove my first kid home from the hospital in 2000.pulled up to the front of the hospital in my loud cammed 88 and the nurses were trippin..i got a mini van for the kiddos and wifey now a days.
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to drive my faleen with my daughter in her car seat. The seat belts in the sn95's arent too shabby so I wasn't worried about then coming loose like i was in my 4-banger Foxbody. My daughter loved riding in the faleen so I always drove it lol!

Before I sold my sn95 bullitt vert I DD'ed it with both my kids in the back. Getting them in and out was a bitch which is why I sold it for a four door DD. I also have these child seat fastener things that connect to the lap belt part of the seat belt...they tighten and stay locked in place. It prevents the car seat from moving around. Look it up if you guys always ride your kids in your mustangs!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My nefew loves my 96gt, everytime I was babysitting him (he is 1-2 years old) him I would always cruise him around and the exhaust was music to his ears and out his ass to sleep lol. I had him in the front facing seats pretty secure and passenger just had to not incline his seat like a cholo [Big Grin]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a kid's seat on the passenger side rear with no problem. Then again, he's only 3 and I'm pretty short too, so getting him in and out is no prob as well. And yes, there are anchors to attach the seat properly

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
Theres no latches to anchor a car seat down, you can only run the lap/shoulder belt to secure it...which isnt tight and the car seat is still somewhat loose...not car seat friendly at all

my 03 has latches

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

86hatch
¯
Member # 11615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86hatch  Ford pictures for 86hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:

Lmao
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i had a 95 vert, it was kinda tight but with my fox notch, its alot more roomy in there

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
6D9
¯
Member # 7001

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 6D9  Ford pictures for 6D9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 2 booster seats in the back of my lx hatch. Works great!

--------------------
Performance Alliance Motorsports
1969 BBC Camaro

Posts: 171 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com