Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who plays the stock market?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who plays the stock market?
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm at work bored again and got the thinking about the stock market. I'm only involved through my employee program at work and am given company stock. Question is how many of you here invest in the market? Do you use one of those online brokers? If not how do you go about trading? Any rags to riches stories? What's the typical start up cash needed? What's some solid ones?

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
I'm at work bored again and got the thinking about the stock market. I'm only involved through my employee program at work and am given company stock. Question is how many of you here invest in the market? Do you use one of those online brokers? If not how do you go about trading? Any rags to riches stories? What's the typical start up cash needed? What's some solid ones?

hmm..there is a guy on cnbc named cramer..follow his stock picks and you'll be guaranteed a return. [Razz]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I just posted this in Luke's thread about who to use for buying ind stocks.
So who do you guys use?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i mess around with my 457 and 401a

i max trade mutual funds in a market like we've had for the last 4 years

when it dumps...i get back into VPAOX (vantagepoint aggresssive opportunities)

when it gets back to normal, i get out and into the the vantagepoint "trust" fund , its a guaranteed 3% fund

10 "round trips" per year and no more than 3 every 90 days or they "warn" you .....LOL

when the DOW got to 12600 i got back in...lost a few thousand so far...but expecting about a 5% return this month

i like 10 dollar aggressive stocks/funds if you can gain a nickel in 3 days...you did well

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to trade a lot and used bofa myerrl lynch.
Some things to think about is you need a good amount of capital to make good money. I use to have a good amount of liquid cash in there and also had a margin account. My biggest loss was when the bp had the oil spill lost 10k in two days [Frown] .

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am big into gambling and played with the stock market for about 3-4 months only because it became to stressful. If you follow it daily and hourly it becomes too much.
I will say i had solid plan but once i was down so much money i bailed from the plan once i broke even. The main stock that saved me was Ford.
Doesnt answer any of your questions but i thought i would share. I used zecco.com... it was completely free if you had over $5000 in the account but i think they raises it to $20k now.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com