Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Abandoned cats question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Abandoned cats question
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My parent's neighbor just up and left. Unfortunately they abandoned 5 cats and I'm 99% sure one of them is pregnant. I feel bad because they are affectionate towards humans.

As far as the preggo one goes, does anyone know of a place that is no kill and will take a pregnant cat in?

Also does anyone know of any programs that offer discounted rates for spaying and neutering services? My parents live in the east bay and I live in the south bay....the cheapest place I found online was 40-50 bucks. I am paying out of my pocket so any help towards the right direction helps a lot.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SPCA, why you taking all these cats in tho? Don't want to see you on animal hoarders bro.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good for you for doing the right thing.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cats About Town Society

http://catsabouttown.org/category/featured/

Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary

http://www.happytails.org

Both have "No-Kill" shelters around NorCal

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
SPCA, why you taking all these cats in tho? Don't want to see you on animal hoarders bro.

I called the SPCA and they are overloaded as is. They will provide traps so I can bring them in to get fixed and they charge 50 bucks for males and a little more for females. But I have to take them back and release them where I found them.

I'm trying to help them out since they are pet quality cats. They are affectionate towards humans and I think they deserve homes. That home is not with me but I will try to find them one.

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

thanks dude
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
Cats About Town Society

http://catsabouttown.org/category/featured/

Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary

http://www.happytails.org

Both have "No-Kill" shelters around NorCal

Thank you for those links. Happy tails is having a $10 per cat special to fix and vaccinate.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

+2 for doing a good thing, I think good karma will come back to you [Wink]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

I called SPCA and asked if they would take my cat and they told me they had too many and if they took it they would probably just euthanize it.

[ May 03, 2012, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where are you located?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm glad to see you doing the right thing with these cats. This has happened on our block as well. We turned in a cat to the SPCA a few years ago. Should have turned in the former owners along with it for euthanization!!

Now, I wonder if there is a way to turn these people in for animal cruelty or something like that. What they are doing is WRONG! If you know their names, call animal control for your city and discuss this with them.

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Nine Lives Foundation in Redwood City is a no kill shelter they would take them for sure.
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
where are you located?

"My parents live in the east bay and I live in the south bay...."

[ May 04, 2012, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would put an ad up on craigslist, I've rehomed several cats that way. There are many people out there that will take them off your hands and give them a good home.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com