Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone know of a place to rent a motorcycle?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone know of a place to rent a motorcycle?
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to take my test on Thursday and i dont feel comfortable doing it on my stretched busa cause its so dam big..if i have to ill do it on mine but id rather not any input would be greatly appreciated....

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a pink Vespa LMK [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe BARF guys might be able to help you out there...

bayarearidersforum.com

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats why i just did that bayarea safety b.s. and figured rather then rent and test , i take the course and pass and then i will get an insurance discount to boot and let the course pay for itself.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Instead of paying for a rental why not just pay the fee to take the CC Rider Safety Course, that way you don't have to take the DMV test at all, learn some riding and safety tips, and take a written test only to start riding that Busa right away?

That's what I did anyways.

[ May 02, 2012, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Instead of paying for a rental why not just pay the fee to take the CC Rider Safety Course, that way you don't have to take the DMV test at all, learn some riding and safety tips, and take a written test only to start riding that Busa right away?

That's what I did anyways.

+1

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

bayarearidersforum.com

The guys/gals on that forum always want to help...just don't say:

#1. You drive a busa (a stretched one at that)
#2. The busa is your first bike

If you know what I am talking about then you are ahead already:)

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
quote:

bayarearidersforum.com

The guys/gals on that forum always want to help...just don't say:

#1. You drive a busa (a stretched one at that)
#2. The busa is your first bike

If you know what I am talking about then you are ahead already:)

indeed. dont mention your busa...they will eat you alive lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Imma join the site N tell them I just bought my first bike N that it's a stetched busa. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Imma join the site N tell them I just bought my first bike N that it's a stetched busa. [patriot]

SMH, those guys are fucking anal about first timers and Busa's hahahahahaha

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Hold up gonna try N join right now.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Just joined look out for NEIGHT. Anyone know where it would be appropriate to make this thread?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The reason they frown on that kind of stuff is because more often..actually too often they see guys/gals starting out and getting hurt on bikes that are just too far above of what a beginner can handle. It seems anal, but if you see people seriously hurt in front of you (dieing) you would have the same attitude. They want to save your life..your skin..and anyone else you might take out in the process of crashing [patriot]

[ May 02, 2012, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

quote:
Just joined look out for NEIGHT. Anyone know where it would be appropriate to make this thread?

There is a newbie section...sort of an introduction to everyone.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The reason they frown on that kind of stuff is because more often..actually too often they see guys/gals starting out and getting hurt on bikes that are just too far above of what a beginner can handle. It seems anal, but if you see people seriously hurt in front of you (dieing) you would have the same attitude. They want to save your life..your skin..and anyone else you might take out in the process of crashing [patriot]

This, it's like giving a Ford GT to a 16 year old yes you can do it but it's not the best route. I started on a 600 Suzuki and that was fast as hell, my old lady's uncle owns a bike shop and Rides a Turbo Busa HOLY F man that thing is insane!!!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:

There is a newbie section...sort of an introduction to everyone.
Alright check it out I just posted lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The site loses members every month it seems. What's the proper way to even ride a stretched Busa? It's either a drag bike or for show.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't have an M1 license, 99.999% of places will not rent you a motorcycle. Your best bet is to either find a friend, try BARF, but like mentioned before, don't mentioned your stretched 'Busa or take the MSF course.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

BARF is like corral for bikes...dont burn your bridges there neight dog.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:

Someone is already fucking with me from here, just don't know who he is.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a busa because i was 6.2 and 330 pounds at the time and no other bike was comfortable for me to ride and i only stretched it because i love doing rolling burnouts...but thanks for the imput and a fyi its not fast enough that why im about to order a few things [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh and ive had plenty of bikes i just didn't own them...

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
quote:

Someone is already fucking with me from here, just don't know who he is.
lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
I bought a busa because i was 6.2 and 330 pounds at the time and no other bike was comfortable for me to ride and i only stretched it because i love doing rolling burnouts...but thanks for the imput and a fyi its not fast enough that why im about to order a few things [Big Grin]

I see where you are coming from. These bikes are modeled to fit the 130-140lb Asian guy so we are all cramped on any of the Japanese bikes. The busa is a lounger so I am not surprised you are comfortable riding on one.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com