Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2013 gt worth it ?? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2013 gt worth it ??
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im selling my cobra this week and have been thinking of what car to buy.im undecuded im thinking of getiing a new mustang with the 5.0 in it but ido not know if it is worth 30k or so. im willing to put 15k down butthe salesman said my paym,ents would be about 300 a month seems like kinda alot.but ive never had a brand new car and i loved my cobra had it 5 yrs.

[ May 01, 2012, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: alexdel209 ]

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's actually not bad, I just got hired at frontier ford on steven's creek blvd lmk if their is any question's or concerns you have regarding this car, Maybe i can give you a better deal and set you up properly [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've always been a proponent of putting zero down, but if it helps you get the deal and payments you can afford then it's your call. As far as the 2013's I always said they were pricey but if you think about it the technology, looks and 400+ hp from a GT Mustang is very nice.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
I've always been a proponent of putting zero down, but if it helps you get the deal and payments you can afford then it's your call. As far as the 2013's I always said they were pricey but if you think about it the technology, looks and 400+ hp from a GT Mustang is very nice.

+1

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they seem price i was quoted 32k for the one id want which is gt manual with leather.and if you can get me a deal let me know ill head out there for sure.because the people at the dealerships are being too helpful.only reason im considering it is that they are nice and pretty fast stock and ive never had a brand new car so it would be nice to get it
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:
they seem price i was quoted 32k for the one id want which is gt manual with leather.and if you can get me a deal let me know ill head out there for sure.because the people at the dealerships are being too helpful.only reason im considering it is that they are nice and pretty fast stock and ive never had a brand new car so it would be nice to get it

Let me talk to my manager tomorrow and see what i can work with them. If it's ok with you Pm your contact information and name please. I would love to try to get you a better deal for sure. My name is ozzi .
[patriot]

[ May 01, 2012, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2012 > 2013

I'm not digging that roundness it got in the front at all.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
2012 > 2013

I have to disagree sir they are by far my favorite. And it would be kinda hard to see the front end with that kinda power these coyote motors make [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
2012 > 2013

I have to disagree sir they are by far my favorite. And it would be kinda hard to see the front end with that kinda power these coyote motors make [patriot]
this ^^ 2013 is sexy as hell.

also if your tryin to buy a new car always go at the end of the month because dealers will try to me/beat there quota as far as sales go. another thing you can try is going to a ford site requesting a quote from a dealer. and within a few days you'll get quotes from all over the bay area ford dealers. thats how my dad did it n saved nearly 10k on an 06 pathfinder back in 05.

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
im selling my cobra this week and have been thinking of what car to buy.im undecuded im thinking of getiing a new mustang with the 5.0 in it but ido not know if it is worth 30k or so. im willing to put 15k down butthe salesman said my paym,ents would be about 300 a month seems like kinda alot.but ive never had a brand new car and i loved my cobra had it 5 yrs.

15k down and youd be paying 300 a month? hows your credit?? ask neight how much he pays maybe he can help u out

[ May 01, 2012, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Credits not bad just dnt have alot of credit history
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forget the mustang bro. Invest your money in a fixed GUARANTEED annuity. For instance i just opened one myself with 10k. Its fixed at a 7.2% interest rate. Meaning your money will double every 10 years. So in 10 years my 10k will become 20k, ten years after that 40k-80k-160k-320k etc. So in 40-50 years your 10k will turn into 320k! The 30k for the mustang will turn into 35-40k easy with interest that you will never get back. Pm me for more info. Good luck with your decision.
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
Forget the mustang bro. Invest your money in a fixed GUARANTEED annuity. For instance i just opened one myself with 10k. Its fixed at a 7.2% interest rate. Meaning your money will double every 10 years. So in 10 years my 10k will become 20k, ten years after that 40k-80k-160k-320k etc. So in 40-50 years your 10k will turn into 320k! The 30k for the mustang will turn into 35-40k easy with interest that you will never get back. Pm me for more info. Good luck with your decision.

Personally I would be a little skeptical of that deal, a 7.2% Guaranteed return seems a little high to come with a guarantee. If you want to order and be the first owner of your car then go for it but you can find used 2012 5.0s for a lot less than 30k with very few miles on it, and you can still get the warrenty
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ It's one of those deals where you make money in any market condition...... But the fees is how they are making their money. They are basically averaging out a rate of return so you have no years of losses...... It's good for older people who can't afford to take as much risk with their retirement. At least that's what I get from that......

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
quote:

15k down and youd be paying 300 a month? hows your credit?? ask neight how much he pays maybe he can help u out
$224 more than he got quoted....

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
^ It's one of those deals where you make money in any market condition...... But the fees is how they are making their money. They are basically averaging out a rate of return so you have no years of losses...... It's good for older people who can't afford to take as much risk with their retirement. At least that's what I get from that......

yep, if you know what you're doing you can make a lot more than that though. I have 20k making an avg of 11% over the past year, and I check up on my investments once every 6 months.

it's all about managed funds, don't do shit but watch the numbers get bigger [Smile]

and buy a used car, the sticker on my wifes `08 convertible was $16k higher brand new than what I paid for it, it had 30k miles and is CPO from ford with the factory warranty, and an added warranty up to 100k miles. If you have $15k to put down you might have $100/mo payments on something in the price range we bought it for.

Find a CPO 2011/2012 GT and the price would be a lot lower, especially if this is your first financed car with payments as your interest rate will probably be higher than someone with established credit. My score is a 750 and the `08 we got financed by Chase for 2.9%, that's the lowest used car rate I've ever heard of, I'm sure someone with longer history than mine with a similar score could get better, I just never see anything like that advertised, usually its 6-9% for 'good credit'

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just my opinion. if i had 15k to put on a car man i would go buy one of these cheap ass duplexes. live in one side and rent the other 1250-1600 extra in my pocket every month! thats just me. man but good luck with the car search. if you can wait awhile try to build your credit that way you dont have to put down as much

--------------------
87 Coupe = stock w/ 500 shot
88 Box chev with a built 496 = coming soon

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 915.0gt:
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:

Personally I would be a little skeptical of that deal, a 7.2% Guaranteed return seems a little high to come with a guarantee. If you want to order and be the first owner of your car then go for it but you can find used 2012 5.0s for a lot less than 30k with very few miles on it, and you can still get the warrenty
Yeah at first i was a bit skeptical but after going back an forth through the paperwork it is guaranteed. Its a legal document and a company which makes millions in assets everyday would never risk loosing their licenses over small fry's.
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:

yep, if you know what you're doing you can make a lot more than that though. I have 20k making an avg of 11% over the past year, and I check up on my investments once every 6 months.

it's all about managed funds, don't do shit but watch the numbers get bigger [Smile]

and buy a used car, the sticker on my wifes `08 convertible was $16k higher brand new than what I paid for it, it had 30k miles and is CPO from ford with the factory warranty, and an added warranty up to 100k miles. If you have $15k to put down you might have $100/mo payments on something in the price range we bought it for.

Find a CPO 2011/2012 GT and the price would be a lot lower, especially if this is your first financed car with payments as your interest rate will probably be higher than someone with established credit. My score is a 750 and the `08 we got financed by Chase for 2.9%, that's the lowest used car rate I've ever heard of, I'm sure someone with longer history than mine with a similar score could get better, I just never see anything like that advertised, usually its 6-9% for 'good credit'

Very nice. At that rate your money shoulf double up every five years or so. What kind of plan do you have in place if you dont mind me asking? IUL?
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Im guessing its based on variable interest and not fixed?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's a Vanguard fund, you need $10k to get started with them, but it works.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They give you a truth in lending form that shows you the APR and total of all payments.

Take a look at the total of all payments and ask yourself is it worth this much money? Or will you be better off owning shit vs borrowing. 2013 GT is going to be a dime a dozen, now if you did like a Raptor on payments I wouldnt fault you because I believe the Raptor will still be worth bread by the time its paid off. The 2013 by the time its paid off will be worth probably 5-6k once the newer models come out. It happens each generation, just look at the new edges and how people liked them over the SN's but now they are cheap as shit and still a decent driver.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you trying to say in 5 years the 2013 gt will be worth 5-6k? you are crazy

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:

maybe not in 5 but it will happen once the next gen of mustangs come out.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:

maybe not in 5 but it will happen once the next gen of mustangs come out.
nvm

[ May 04, 2012, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com