Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you get??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What would you get??
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm kind of in a rut, I just graduated wyotech got my certs and all the good stuff. Still have plenty to learn but it's an accomplishment none the less. (I'm no slouch) anyways looking to get myself a car after my sucky lx I had (junk) I'm looking at a couple choices what would you get and why

1. Not so average foxbody notch
2. Sn95 cobra
3. Terminator w/ somewhat high miles and mods (lower price)
4. Gsxr 750 k6-8
I keep looking at other cars and trucks besides mustangs but they keep calling me back once I hear a 4v or a stroker sbf fly by. And as for the bike....c'mon now there bad ass. Looking at one at sfmoto

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If there's still more to learn, get yourself a project. Buy a roller and build it up how you want it. You could use the car as your resume and to showcase your craftsmanship.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can do that later and m

--------------------
King Lx

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

I can do that later and most of my people and some I don't know know I'm good. But I'm talking as daily drivers

--------------------
King Lx

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
04 BMW 745 as a daily... Very nice, spacious, and make panties drop lol...
Get a cheapo fox as a project..

Mustangs as daily drivers are stupid. This is coming from a guy who did it for 3 years

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ls1bruh

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
96-98 Cobra is a good daily if you don't have kids.

Don't get a bike w/o having a garage. Even with 1 or 2 bikes I still always had a fox or 2. My bikes are fun but I need to have a fox or old school around more than I need the bike.

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i say go with the sn95 or the termi. while i love foxes, at this point they get stolen at to high of a rate for me to really enjoy having one. i'm always worried that i'm going to look out side and it would be gone. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a Honda as a daily and save money to build a bad ass project car. Daily driving a sportscar is a waste of money, gas, and mileage on a car that won't use it's potential grinding through traffic on the way to work.

Not to mention, you have to worry about other drivers on the road hitting you, people dinging your doors in parking lots, haters keying your paint, and people plotting to steal your car... a daily driven sportscar will get more exposure to these kind of problems. If you have a beater Honda and the mechanical skills to keep it running, you won't care if someone dings your door. It won't matter if you get into a minor fender bender, and no one will want to steal it or key it. Plus, you can save tons on gas buying the cheapest regular unleaded you can find and still pulling down over 30mpg.

There's nothing wrong with daily driving a Stang, but a penny saved is a penny earned. If you daily, lets say, a warmed over Fox, that gets maybe 18mpg average on 91... and you drive maybe 12,000 miles a year, so around 667 gallons of gas at, say, $4.50 a gallon, you're spending $3,000 a year on gas alone.

A Honda that can pull down 32mpg average on regular, over 12,000 miles a year, we'll say $4.30 a gallon, 375 gallons a year = around $1,600 a year...

So at the end of the year, you'll have around $1,400 EXTRA to put towards whatever you want. That's a panhard rod and torque arm from Maximum Motorsports plus some spending cash.

Not to mention, adding a beater as a daily, and classifying your Mustang as a "pleasure driver" or "weekend" car with your insurance company, will usually drop your rates lower than just insuring a Mustang on it's own.

[ April 23, 2012, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cali95gt:
[QB] 04 BMW 745 as a daily... Very nice, spacious, and make panties drop lol...
Get a cheapo fox as a project..

this is what im in the process of doing selling my cobra and buying a 745 and gona get a coupe project

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Notchback all day long

Im on my 3rd and the only thing id ever get is a limited 'vert

And that would be for cruising

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bike! [Cool]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Thanks for everyone's input. I think im gonna grab a Honda for now and maybe a gsxr 750. Look out for my new thread I'll be making especially you San Jose guys

--------------------
King Lx

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Thanks for everyone's input. I think im gonna grab a Honda for now and maybe a gsxr 750. Look out for my new thread I'll be making especially you San Jose guys

Why san jose? Kuz theres a shtload of rice rockets? [Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
None save your money and get ready to buy a shit load of tools.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com