Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » uh oh...found 2 guns im interested in....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: uh oh...found 2 guns im interested in....
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate this...every time the stang gets to getting done...i start spending more money on guns

im a big norinco fan when it comes to AK platforms.... i have a MAK90 that returned back to 56s style for my AK47, i see the 84s which is an AK in 5.56

here is the MK90 version of the same thing...922 compliancy is real easy to dump the thumbhole stock... i might have to grab this

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=282527853

i also found a new sig

i have a p238 in .380 USMC edition, this is the p938

its EXACTLY the same size as my .380, longer barrel, but exact overall size. only about $50 more than the .380

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-rosewood.aspx

thats all......

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mak90's for the win!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the same sickness, I love guns, maybe a little too much. I'm in the market for a tactical AR-10 but haven't been able to find a decent one for under $1,800, I'll probably end up bitting the bullet and pulling the trigger on it.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the P238 with rosewood grips. Its the heaviest of my 380's and don't like the SAO and no safety.
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the look of wood grips, but I'm not a fan of my P238... Too lazy to list it for sale though!
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
I have the same sickness, I love guns, maybe a little too much. I'm in the market for a tactical AR-10 but haven't been able to find a decent one for under $1,800, I'll probably end up bitting the bullet and pulling the trigger on it.

no love for an M1A ? i personally think its the best battle rifle ever created, mine was $1260 last year, came in green synthetic but i swapped for M14 wood

-

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I have the P238 with rosewood grips. Its the heaviest of my 380's and don't like the SAO and no safety.

i have a taurus TCP as well...and it doesnt feed for shit...i wish i opted for LCP, but the 238 DOES have a safety...thats the hook for most im a glock fan so i dont care either way

but i dont see a big weight diff...i do however see 500% better in every category...especially accuracy...mostly due to the sights

tritium V ....uhhhh...nothing ?

-

[ April 19, 2012, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: nitrous_bob ]

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The sights on my LCP are useless and the Sig night sights are phenomenal. I guess it comes down what you want to really use it for. Me, they are CCW's.

Yes, the Sig is a far better gun, easy to accurately shoot, but weighs twice as much as my LCP or P3AT.

My LCP's and P3AT's all needed to have the feed ramps polished because of feeding issues. Just a quality control thing from the factory.

I own multiple of the same guns. Just like them in different color combinations [Big Grin]

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:

no love for an M1A ? i personally think its the best battle rifle ever created, mine was $1260 last year, came in green synthetic but i swapped for M14 wood

-

I like all kinds of firearms, I just prefer the look of a newer rifle.
 -
I always think of them as good investments, they seem to hold if not increase in value through out the years.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:

i have a taurus TCP as well...and it doesnt feed for shit...i wish i opted for LCP, but the 238 DOES have a safety...thats the hook for most im a glock fan so i dont care either way

You took the words out off my mouth. I will almost always carry my Glock 27 with an IWB Holster over my P238. However, I will say, the P238 is nice to just slide into a pocket with clothing such as board shorts, sweats, ect. There is never any printing issues and relatively lightweight.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com