Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 1st AR build (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: My 1st AR build
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I finally decided to go ahead and build a AR15. Actually 2 of them. I went to the gun show this last weekend at the Cow Palace and this is what I picked up.
JD Machine lower. It should come in next week fully assembled.
 -
http://www.jdmachinetech.com/
I also picked up 2 10/20 pmags, 2 extra clips for my SIG, Rock River butt stock with rubber cap, fore grip, magnetic bullet button and a cheapo cleaning kit & and new soft bag for the SIG.
 -
Today I payed a visit to Irvington Arms in Fremont and picked up 2 fully assembled Rock River Arms uppers
 -
I'm now looking for a good quality rail system, tac light, laser & optics. I will admit that im a complete "NOOB" when it comes to rifles so opinions & suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks! [patriot]

[ April 17, 2012, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My bad, I was rude. Didn't meant to try an take the spotlight.

[ April 18, 2012, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much did the build cost?
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 18, 2012, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:

In total we put just over $1,200 into that build above.
Thats good for all youve done to it. My buddy also has a dpms paid 400 (pawn broker deal).
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

$99 for the lower
$540 for the upper
$40 for stock

So after taxes & DOJ fee right around $800 each. Not bad considering most Built AR's I looked at started around $1200 & up too $2300 for the SIG I wanted.

[ April 17, 2012, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:

$99 for the lower
$540 for the upper
$40 for stock
$38 for 2 clips

So after taxes & DOJ fee right around $800 each. Not bad considering most Built AR's I looked at started around $1200 & up too $2300 for the SIG I wanted.

yea thats definatly better than buying a built one.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

[ April 18, 2012, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow this dude again bro don't mind him he just a smartass also and an idiot with 2600 useless post doesn't even own a fast car and thinks he knows everything..

Bro step the fuck back for once your on every damm post on this forum and none of them are positive post there all smart ass remarks. Step it the fuck up

quote:

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:

LOL, all good man. I didnt even trip off of it. I was actually hoping that some people would post up their toys so i can see what's out there. Nice looking build. I like the 2 tone, I almost bought a kit at the show but decided that I need them fully functional before I dress them up.

[ April 18, 2012, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Whoa, way the fuck out of left field. Do you even know what I had posted before you quoted this you fucken bafoon ? Didn't think so, what I did have posted was good and supportive of this fellow member and I was telling him about a build of my own, however I felt that it was rude to take the spotlight from him so I removed my comments out of respect for him. I'm guessing that you just don't like me because I stated that all the cars you try to sell you claim they are one owner, which is funny to me because you would have had to buy alot of fucken cars off the lot new. Which we both know isn't the case, your just some bum fucken used car salesman that has a tow yard and rips people off. Stay off my nuts, and quit trying to single me out.

quote:
Originally posted by NutNice707:
Wow this dude again bro don't mind him he just a smartass also and an idiot with 2600 useless post doesn't even own a fast car and thinks he knows everything..

Bro step the fuck back for once your on every damm post on this forum and none of them are positive post there all smart ass remarks. Step it the fuck up

quote:

[ April 18, 2012, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha yup you all talk only thing talks wit me is money you got alot hate talking like that your weak as fuck son look at all my toys and your still waiting for your little wack ass ls1 I work for the railroad ain't no one on your nuts it's hard to be on someone nuts who still stackin there lunch money for a chump ass ls1 maro that cost 8k Ill run circles around you all day for coming at me like that I'm real ass cats with riders on my team don't test it

quote:
Whoa, way the fuck out of left field. Do you even know what I had posted before you quoted this you fucken bafoon ? Didn't think so, what I did have posted was good and supportive of this fellow member and I was telling him about a build of my own, however I felt that it was rude to take the spotlight from him so I removed my comments out of respect for him. I'm guessing that you just don't like me because I stated that all the cars you try to sell you claim they are one owner, which is funny to me because you would have had to buy alot of fucken cars off the lot new. Which we both know isn't the case, your just some bum fucken used car salesman that has a tow yard and rips people off. Stay off my nuts, and quit trying to single me out.

quote:
Originally posted by NutNice707:

quote:

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
quote:

LOL, all good man. I didnt even trip off of it. I was actually hoping that some people would post up their toys so i can see what's out there. Nice looking build. I like the 2 tone, I almost bought a kit at the show but decided that I need them fully functional before I dress them up.
Right on man. And yea that build I had posted took like 6-8 months to complete. We just took our time with it, but overall we are very happy with it. We went with the Flat Dark Earth theme, even though we still have all the black Magpul furniture that it came with. The Magpul stuff is actually really good for the price, I especially like the handguards. Oh and I'd like to apologize on behalf the gangster that has "riders on his team" lol for messing up your thread. but on another note your off to a great start. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

[patriot] [patriot]

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just be cool RONIN you seem like a cool cat,chill on the thread whoring ,i hate to say it bro but hes right to an extent ,you do post on EVERY thread bad or good YOUR posting,just be cool man,not every thread needs a RONIN INPUT.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT

snakebit,awsome gun,we were also at the show 1 of my buddys bought a complete jd lower and the other a complete jd AR15,looks like they are the shit,i have another biy building one with a rock river lower and daniel defense upper,i personally got a bushmaster upper/lower A2 style,im simple and hey nice hand gun ive got a sig aswell ,good taste bro

[ April 18, 2012, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Right on, did you happen to see the fully built JD Machine 308 AR15? Had me drooling. I really like their attention to detail. It's a California company also a plus. Im really looking foward to taking thiese to the range. The 2nd AR is for my Dad for fathers day. I hope he likes it.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Right on, did you happen to see the fully built JD Machine 308 AR15? Had me drooling. I really like their attention to detail. It's a California company also a plus. Im really looking foward to taking thiese to the range. The 2nd AR is for my Dad for fathers day. I hope he likes it.

YEA BADASS,MY BOY THAT HAS THE rock river/daniel defense combo was itching to buy himself the 308 lower that day,lol hella funny you say that. we went for ammo deals and came out with more than that,you get any ammo? i got about 750 rds sold my boy 250 and kept250 of .40 and 250 of .223,next time i go im going only for ammo.lol

[ April 18, 2012, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
quote:

YEA BADASS,MY BOY THAT HAS THE rock river/daniel defense combo was itching to buy himself the 308 lower that day,lol hella funny you say that. we went for ammo deals and came out with more than that,you get any ammo? i got about 750 rds sold my boy 250 and kept250 of .40 and 250 of .223,next time i go im going only for ammo.lol
Man that's to funny. I went there for ammo & clips for my SIG. I got the clips but everybody was out of 40's. So I ended up buying some lowers?? I'm still not sure how that happened. That little. Ale dude at the JD booth must have been a good sales man. LOL. Then I thought why not pick up som 5.56 rounds while I'm here, again SOLD OUT! Dammit! Next trip will be for ammo and some toys. Did you see the "Vodoo Tactical" gear? Really nice stuff. Everyhing from Tactical vest to bags for your gear.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

quote:
quote:
quote:

Man that's to funny. I went there for ammo & clips for my SIG. I got the clips but everybody was out of 40's. So I ended up buying some lowers?? I'm still not sure how that happened. That little. Ale dude at the JD booth must have been a good sales man. LOL. Then I thought why not pick up som 5.56 rounds while I'm here, again SOLD OUT! Dammit! Next trip will be for ammo and some toys. Did you see the "Vodoo Tactical" gear? Really nice stuff. Everyhing from Tactical vest to bags for your gear.
you must have went sunday? i did check out some tactical vest not sure if it was vodoo tho,cant wait for the next show im saving money up for more ammo.. i got 500rds .40 for 140.00 and 260 223 for 95.00 on sat all new ,no reloads

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you must have went sunday? i did check out some tactical vest not sure if it was vodoo tho,cant wait for the next show im saving money up for more ammo.. i got 500rds .40 for 140.00 and 260 223 for 95.00 on sat all new ,no reloads
Yeah I went Sunday unfortunately. BTW when I was there they hauled off 3 punks in hand cuffs trying to steal some stuff.
Check them out. Their quality is top notch

http://www.voodootactical.net/

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice welcome to the club. I can guarantee you will be swapping that buttstock and hand guard out asap for atleast some magpul moe stuff. your going to spend some decent$$$ going quad rail and all the mall ninja stuff you had mentioned. you will probably want to look into a good quality rail so you get all the benifits of having a full floating system and will want to buy something longer then carbine length so you have more real estate to mount stuff.

look into a daniel defense or troy setup to keep it light. if you dont want to spend the $$$ on a low pro gas block you could just cut the front sight post off using just the gas block portion.

Also You may want to find out who converted those mags. because I had bought some 10/20 pmags from rifle gear and they fed like crap.I know there is someone out there doing it and doing a good job cause i've seen people running them.

If you got any questions , shoot me a pm I have had my hands inside MANY Ar-15's. by law I cant work on them! but I have "helped" on A LOT!

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so whats all the hype on these Pmags anyways ?????

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
so whats all the hype on these Pmags anyways ?????

Not sure. I never heard of them before I bought them. They seem to be good quality

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a buddy has a gunshop...he cant keep them in stock

i need some decent m14 mags...mine all suck except my original 20 rounder

my 30's all seem to stick and feed funky

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Try picking up some replacement springs for the mag.... I am going to guess they also make anti tilt followers for them too.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

the P-mags are just kool-aid right now. C-products was making a great metal mag but was sold and not sure if the company is doing anything yet. but p-mags are suppose to be very durable, light, feed flawlessly. there are videos of people running them over etc. I prefer metal mags. everyone says metal mags are garbage which is true to an extent. all my metal mags are stainless, not aluminum.

not sure what your 30 rounders are for bob, but A while back i picked up some of the cmmg springs and followers for my pre-ban usgi mags. and i hit the mag with a light coat of dry film lube and they have functioned great! a few other mags I have got magpul followers which were a huge upgrade over the originals.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com