Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 3m headlight restoration (pics inside)....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 3m headlight restoration (pics inside)....
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This rainy weather kept me indoors so I decided to do some basic restoration on some headlights for the fox and fog lights for the sn95 let me know what you think [Cool]
After
 -
Before
 -
 -
After --before

[ April 13, 2012, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: VENOMUS PONY 5.0 ]

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clean..ANOTHER STEP TO MAKING IT YOURS

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
clean..ANOTHER STEP TO MAKING IT YOURS

You know it like the poet

--------------------

510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks nice.I need to do that to a few cars I have.How much does the kit cost?Also how long did it take you to do the fox?

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:
Looks nice.I need to do that to a few cars I have.How much does the kit cost?Also how long did it take you to do the fox?

The kit napa has it for like 27 bucks with tax. The price went up on them because I bought one about 2 years ago for 19 bucks it took about 45 mins

--------------------

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you need is 1500-2000 grit sand paper and a good rubbing compound and you can have the same outcome. plus you can prolly do 50 more cars while youre at itlol. nice work!

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend has been trying to get me to use toothpaste lol, he said it works on your headlights haha

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tooth paste works but i think u have to keep re doing it my roomate did it and he said it works but doesnt hold

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All of your lights will turn just as bad in a month! Sorry, but it's the truth! Not that they're that clear to begin with but still.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put a coat of Helmsman spar urethane uv sealer mixed with mineral spirits 1:1 and they will stay clear a lot longer. I did the headlights on my Focus in November and they still look like the day I restored them. Do they look brand new? No, but from 10 feet it's hard to tell the difference.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
All of your lights will turn just as bad in a month! Sorry, but it's the truth! Not that they're that clear to begin with but still.....

very true. i used to do this for my tacoma every 3 months or so. this last time around i said fugg it and ordered new headlights for $50.
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Put a coat of Helmsman spar urethane uv sealer mixed with mineral spirits 1:1 and they will stay clear a lot longer. I did the headlights on my Focus in November and they still look like the day I restored them. Do they look brand new? No, but from 10 feet it's hard to tell the difference.

+2 or I use duplicolor clearcoat it works great.

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

Your right more like a year with the Lexus but there is sealers

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com