Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » i was wondering?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: i was wondering?
arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long did it take some of you guys build your car to what it is today I know some have no bills and can spend all there money on there whip and there's some who have crazy amounts of bills and build it lil by lil so therefore how long did it take u to get your car to where it is today feel free to add pics

For me it has taken me a year to get it where I got it today an counting cause its still not where I want it to be

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

Posts: 340 | From: some where in the bay | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought my car a year ago, and It took me about 3 weeks to get it where it thought i wanted it (tint, wheels, grille delete) now I'm redoing everything lol

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its been a 4-5 year project for me. I've done complete engine swap to 351w svo block, tremec tko, front 13" cobra rotors, coil overs and k member,rear irs with coil overs,4" cowl hood,18 inch deepdish motorsport cobras, flow fit seats. I just need new paint,slp exhaust,roll cage,subframes and new carpet.Im almost finished I predict it will be on the road for hot agust nights.
[burnout] [burnout]

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
67 gta goin on ten years, almost done an starting again on it next week. this last 66 been 5 years, and i drove it to dmv, an now im waitnig for my rearend to come back.this 89 coupe i bought 5 years ago, but just worked on it the last 2 or 3 years, drove 3 times to kragons, now has a new motor that hopefully be running by next week as well.my 76 blazer i bought and was my only car running at the time when i first opened my current shop, been 8 years now, and should be back up and running in the next couple months.97 vette was 2 years before i finished the damage when i got it, ive been drivin it for a year now. im border line abandoning this drag car idea as do i really need to do it? im thinkin of really just selling off the drag stuff ive been collecting on that one project, as i see it years down the road as well. and the last lil 85 coupe mustang i will build for myself is going to be a blast! completely illegal in the smog sence, completely smoothed engine bay,built with the best parts i got laying around. could be a track car or a drift car,prob a drift car is more like it. id like to be road legal to drive it to the track? but thats where im at with it. ive had it for 4 or 5 years. and only stitched welded the chassis completely tho, put upper sub frames in, an i forgot if i put the lower subframes in yet.

if i sold shoes or built shoes, id have 3 closets full of shoes.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Cool]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mines an old school... they are never finished! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are always an ongoing project, half the fun is in the build. [Wink]

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
Mines an old school... they are never finished! [Big Grin]

+77391048637290 Damn its always something

--------------------
1966 Mustang

arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damb everyone that takes there time looks like they have good set ups that's y mine is eventually gonna be down for some years but what I have done less than a year is swapped ls1 motor went from 99 100k to 02 25k motor, tsp headers, slp lid, drilled slotted rotors, umi lowers, panhard, torque arm, hotchkis subframes, zr1 rims tints and firehawk hood but still no where near where I want it but will be there in the next 2-5 years cause its a side hobby of mine n all your setups looks solid n I think the only way and old school could be done is if you do everything at once brand new that's what my uncle did on his 69 n let me say it shits

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

Posts: 340 | From: some where in the bay | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by arodeast408:
I think the only way and old school could be done is if you do everything at once brand new that's what my uncle did on his 69 n let me say it shits

Only problem there is: the car turns into a 10 year project and 99% of people lose interest and sell there "almost" complete cars. I slowly just pieced mine together over there years enjoying all the little stages in the build. I guess if you start off with deep pockets you can build it all at once, but i dont have that much to throw to a hobby.

[ April 12, 2012, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
67 gta goin on ten years, almost done an starting again on it next week. this last 66 been 5 years, and i drove it to dmv, an now im waitnig for my rearend to come back.this 89 coupe i bought 5 years ago, but just worked on it the last 2 or 3 years, drove 3 times to kragons, now has a new motor that hopefully be running by next week as well.my 76 blazer i bought and was my only car running at the time when i first opened my current shop, been 8 years now, and should be back up and running in the next couple months.97 vette was 2 years before i finished the damage when i got it, ive been drivin it for a year now. im border line abandoning this drag car idea as do i really need to do it? im thinkin of really just selling off the drag stuff ive been collecting on that one project, as i see it years down the road as well. and the last lil 85 coupe mustang i will build for myself is going to be a blast! completely illegal in the smog sence, completely smoothed engine bay,built with the best parts i got laying around. could be a track car or a drift car,prob a drift car is more like it. id like to be road legal to drive it to the track? but thats where im at with it. ive had it for 4 or 5 years. and only stitched welded the chassis completely tho, put upper sub frames in, an i forgot if i put the lower subframes in yet.

if i sold shoes or built shoes, id have 3 closets full of shoes.

blazer 2wd
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
68 chevelle i had for 6 yes only put 35miles on it just seats under a car cover 99% of the time.
my 91lx last time work on it or drove it was in 09.my 89lx took the motor an trans out now just seats but i do have a boss block for it.an my c10 one a 76 short bed with a 336sbc it gwtting set up to be a street trurk an my 75 is a big block truck i just got

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my coupe is taking longer tgan expected,have tge roller,motor and tranny ready to go.just working on loose ends and saving for a rear end maybethis year maybe next so about 2-4 yrs,then again i pay bills take care of my family and own a home so slowly works for me

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's been a love hate relationship with my notch. Bought it back in 2005 100% stock drove it for about a year and blew the POS aod on it, Pulled out my motor becuase i wanted some more power and that's where i fudged up when i should of just converted it to a 5 spd and kept her on the road. Lost interest in her and started going out with the homies partying and shit. Now i am getting the itch to get it crackin again. If i wouldn't change my mind so much on setup's she would be done and running. So 6 years later we still going at it like a married couple, Shes a bit*h and i've always said she's cursed because when i do have a setup and the fund's to finish HER something else happens. So i guess slower seem's to be working better for me and she's coming along slowly but surely. I hate her but i love her so gotta never lose hope and stay in the car game. [patriot] [burnout]

[ April 13, 2012, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com