Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » East Bay Employment

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: East Bay Employment
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm currently working, however I don't get paid nearly enough for my skillset. And the shops too slow to ask for a raise.

So, anyone have a good word to pass around? I can do anything, learn or what I currently do.

Tires, Oil, Brakes, Alignments. I can also go general Maintenence.

Or maybe a new career field?

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesnt that skill set pay close to the same you make, no matter where you go?

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

03blksnake
¯
Member # 10974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03blksnake  Ford pictures for 03blksnake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some places will low ball you to 10per hr and some might pay 16-18 just because of the fact you can do alignments if your looking for a job in Sf pm me because wd have a opening comming up
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinking about switching because there's really no money right now. I'm in 35k in student loans. My cousin got an office job making 22hr with benefits and I'm at 15hr with no benefits
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im trying to get into the automotive industry myself, I'm going to look into fleet service eventually.
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only get paid 9.50, which is pennies compared to what I make on side jobs.

And I know that this skillset can tranfer to other jobs, like waste management, ac transit, dealerships.

[ April 08, 2012, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Wrenchin ]

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow man sorry to hear that.
but Idk where you work but maybe your better off going to Sears in the automotive department, I passed up that Sears for my current job, but they offered me $12.00 starting. My related skills were only brakes & alighnment certificate, 2yrs autoboby and refinishing and a couple miscellaneous auto college courses.

Honestly bro I'd go online to Kellyservices.com and it doesn't cost anything and it got me my current job within a week.
last year I made 49k I got full benefits +for my kids, 401k matched. I had no warehouse experience at all and age didn't matter "i was 20"
good luck

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangn5oh:
but Idk where you work but maybe your better off going to Sears in the automotive department, I passed up that Sears for my current job, but they offered me $12.00 starting. My related skills were only brakes & alighnment certificate, 2yrs autoboby and refinishing and a couple miscellaneous auto college courses.

Honestly bro I'd go online to Kellyservices.com and it doesn't cost anything and it got me my current job within a week.
last year I made 49k I got full benefits +for my kids, 401k matched. I had no warehouse experience at all and age didn't matter "i was 20"
good luck

Woooow my man I thoughht you told me when I needed help on my brakes that you didnt know shit about brakes bro but you would give it a try...wooooooow thats 2 shovel fulls of digging....
[Mad]

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
quote:

good luck

Woooow my man I thoughht you told me when I needed help on my brakes that you didnt know shit about brakes bro but you would give it a try...wooooooow thats 2 shovel fulls of digging....
[Mad]

Don't thread Jack.
But I did show up to change out your drilled rotors and brakes, but you decided to call onefasthatch over to change your water pump and the brakes was never brought up again.

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

quote:

good luck

Thanks man. I am in the same boat, ill use that site. I wasnt aware 95% of craigslist job ads are for farmers insurance. I emailed a dozen and called automotive ads, and got emails back. For farmers! Its sad, because people actually need jobs.and this bullshit spam is eating up peoples time.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
quote:

good luck

Thanks man. I am in the same boat, ill use that site. I wasnt aware 95% of craigslist job ads are for farmers insurance. I emailed a dozen and called automotive ads, and got emails back. For farmers! Its sad, because people actually need jobs.and this bullshit spam is eating up peoples time.
fyi if you have your own tools at work they have to pay 16.00hr
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 this is true. But that means u have to supply all ur basic hand tools for your day to day jobs. Like Allen sockets and specialty torx. I spent a good 20k on tools before confidently mentioning this rule to my boss (including my box, which was half off since we are chabot students). He gave me the raise, but a whole lot of pressure was put on me for my production. My boss consistently wants 13k a month from my labor, not easy for a college student at an independent shop.

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bentley mobs a stang:
+1 this is true. But that means u have to supply all ur basic hand tools for your day to day jobs. Like Allen sockets and specialty torx. I spent a good 20k on tools before confidently mentioning this rule to my boss (including my box, which was half off since we are chabot students). He gave me the raise, but a whole lot of pressure was put on me for my production. My boss consistently wants 13k a month from my labor, not easy for a college student at an independent shop.

Funny how when you point out labor laws employers are quick to do the right thing? But then 'put the pressure' on you. Assholes.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

20k is a starter set.i have 90k in tools an since i flat rate the harder i work more money i make an that is the only way to make money truning wrenches
2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Apply to waste management last I checked ( month ago) they were hiring routine maintenance mechanics .
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Talking to a friend he mentioned that Safeway is hiring mechanics. Only bad thing is I think it is located in the Tracy area (reverse commute from the E-Bay). If you like I can get more info, I will see my friend at the gym today.
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
panhandle, just dont be on my block! lol jk
$icInsane
¯
Member # 10068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for $icInsane  Ford pictures for $icInsane    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pm send

--------------------
49ERZ TILL I DIE!!!!
1989 DROP TOP 306

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

I applies for a couple positions of waste management, i have just one point on my driving record. No accidenta.

I am having a hard time navigating kellyservices, i noticed the jobs have some requirements i dont meet, so i am hesitant about what to apply for. Is kellyservices a middleman?

Thanks sicinsane!

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Don't even worry about picking a job, get ahold of them and they'll find you a job. Yes their a middle man think its called an agency and its bad like ppl say it is. Through the agency I got $15hr paid weekly, and when I actually got hired through The company I got 19.85 and since then I got a bonus and raise and I'm just a warehouseman and currently getting $20.40
Its just getting your foot in the door

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

It'll be better if you call them direct and ask what they do, how to apply etc.
Also theirs lots of other agency's just Google them.

They want you to get a job so they get paid aswell by the company not out of your pocket so they help you alot.

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle aka fasthatch:
quote:

20k is a starter set.i have 90k in tools an since i flat rate the harder i work more money i make an that is the only way to make money truning wrenches
I have been in the trade for 2 years at a full service shop, so I'm still buying lol. But I wouldn't even consider asking my boss for double min wage until after I had about 20k in tools. I'd like to be at a flat rate shop, as long as I get the right jobs. For instance id hate to get paid flat rate on a timing belt or heater core on a pt cruiser hahaha. Ur at a dealer right?

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle aka fasthatch:
quote:

I have been in the trade for 2 years at a full service shop, so I'm still buying lol. But I wouldn't even consider asking my boss for double min wage until after I had about 20k in tools. I'd like to be at a flat rate shop, as long as I get the right jobs. For instance id hate to get paid flat rate on a timing belt or heater core on a pt cruiser hahaha. Ur at a dealer right?
yes i am been over tens years been flate rate since 98
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

quote:
It'll be better if you call them direct and ask what they do, how to apply etc.
Also theirs lots of other agency's just Google them.

They want you to get a job so they get paid aswell by the company not out of your pocket so they help you alot.

Who do I contact, I attempted to apply for a few jobs but their requirement are insane. I'm wondering if I can find a recruiter, is that by any chance what you did?

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a recruiter. I don't recruit for opportunities in the East Bay, but I work for a Tech Start-Up in San Francisco. I'm currently looking for entry level and experience Sales Professionals. If you are thinking about a change in career, definitely let me know.

-Andy
andrew@clearslide.com

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com