Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » For You Kobe Haters and LeBron Lovers (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: For You Kobe Haters and LeBron Lovers
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not a Kobe or Laker fan, but please do not tell me there are those among us who think Lebron is better than Kobe?
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahahaha [patriot]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8
I think if they played a game 1 on 1 Kobe would loose.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
N8

this and yes, RIGHT NOW, lebron is better than kobe. maybe in kobe's prime but not anymore.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Griffin is better dude on the clippers I think [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kobe FTW. Lebron, the king with no ring...LAKESHOW

[ April 04, 2012, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: SAMACH1 ]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kobe vs lebron winner is Jordan

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnuat:
quote:
N8

this and yes, RIGHT NOW, lebron is better than kobe. maybe in kobe's prime but not anymore.
negative. Kobe thinks the game and overall has a much higher hoop IQ than Lebron. You guys are getting "more athletic" and "better" confused. Ask 10 coaches and 10 real hoop players who they would rather have on their team and I bet 8 out of 10 would say Kobe (even at his age now). Hell Bird and Jordan have said they would rather have Kobe. A game of 1 on 1 is much different than a 5 on 5.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
Griffin is better dude on the clippers I think [Roll Eyes]

Dude is a fucken queer!!!! He's on the ground 75% of the game bitching over nothing! I'd love to give him a kick in the head with my steel-toe shoes! [Mad]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
N8

negative. Kobe thinks the game and overall has a much higher hoop IQ than Lebron. You guys are getting "more athletic" and "better" confused. Ask 10 coaches and 10 real hoop players who they would rather have on their team and I bet 8 out of 10 would say Kobe (even at his age now). Hell Bird and Jordan have said they would rather have Kobe. A game of 1 on 1 is much different than a 5 on 5.
I don't know about that n8, people are forgetting that kobe always had a great supporting class, and the year he didn't he missed the playoffs entirely(jordan or lebron never missed the playoffs)and cryed about wanting out of l.a till they pulled off some magical trade for gasol. lebron makes his teamates better than kobe. Kobe was the pippen too shaq and when shaq lost a step kobe couldn't get it done and shaq hooked up with a young wade and won it the next year. I'm not going to say lebrons better because we all know he has no rings, but put kobe on those cleveland teams and he would not even of made the playoffs with lebrons supporting cast.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Davis is gonna be the 1st pick tho...

-

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
N8

I don't know about that n8, people are forgetting that kobe always had a great supporting class, and the year he didn't he missed the playoffs entirely(jordan or lebron never missed the playoffs)and cryed about wanting out of l.a till they pulled off some magical trade for gasol. lebron makes his teamates better than kobe. Kobe was the pippen too shaq and when shaq lost a step kobe couldn't get it done and shaq hooked up with a young wade and won it the next year. I'm not going to say lebrons better because we all know he has no rings, but put kobe on those cleveland teams and he would not even of made the playoffs with lebrons supporting cast.
As they say "If 'If' was a fifth we would all be drunk". All I am saying is the proof is in the pudding. Kobe is proven product. MJ is proven product. And you can say "well Kobe had such and such". You can also say "such and such had Kobe". Lets not forget Kobe avg'd 25 to Shaq's 27. That tells me their on-court existence was symbiotic nothing compared to a MJ/Pippen duo (IMO which 30ppg to 16ppg). Take away Kobe and his 25 does Shaq avg 52 to get his rings? Anywhoo, now that LBJ is in the best situation faculty wise, is he a failure if he gets no ring this year? I can tell you this, put Kobe on Cleveland and I bet he would not differ to others when others are differing to him.

But for me it falls like this. Pick up games? I am choosing Lebron. Real deal games and trying to take my team to the championships? I am picking Kobe.

[ April 04, 2012, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
N8

+1
Kobe is a big cry baby when they are loosing. He gets mad and will give up. Lebron played hard for a shitty team. I don't blame him from leaving. Kobe wouldn't have done half the shit he's done if he wouldn't have played for the Lakers IMHO.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dirk is the best player in the nba right now

2 chris paul
3 derrick rose
4 Anthony, Carmelo
5 Howard, Dwight

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck Dirk Nowitzki too!!!!!!!!! [Mad]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

2 chris paul
3 derrick rose
4 Anthony, Carmelo
5 Howard, Dwight

Here is my list

Kobe
Durant
Wade
D Howard
Rose

Melo/LBJ can flip a coin for 6th. I used to have Melo at 5, but his defense is going down exponentially.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

kobe is not the best player in the nba n8 [Roll Eyes]

hella over rated

lakers would be nothing without gasol as center

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

2 chris paul
3 derrick rose
4 Anthony, Carmelo
5 Howard, Dwight

Here is my list

Kobe
Durant
Wade
D Howard
Rose

Melo/LBJ can flip a coin for 6th. I used to have Melo at 5, but his defense is going down exponentially.

It looks like you have something against lebron, not even in you top 5 [Eek!] thats CRAZY. If were talking top 5 right now at this stage in there career's, it should go wade,lebron, and durant in no particular order. Kobe's not even in the discussion, kobe didn't and can't get it done with 2 allstar 7 footers on his team cause he's too stubborn to let the offence run threw them since he's not on the same level as he was a couple of years ago, That's not too high of a basketball IQ to me [patriot]

[ April 04, 2012, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: 86- 50 ]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

2 chris paul
3 derrick rose
4 Anthony, Carmelo
5 Howard, Dwight

Here is my list

Kobe
Durant
Wade
D Howard
Rose

It looks like you have something against lebron, not even in you top 5 [Eek!] thats CRAZY. If were talking top 5 right now at this stage in there career's, it should go wade,lebron, and durant in no particular order. Kobe's not even in the discussion, kobe didn't and can't get it done with 2 allstar 7 footers on his team cause he's too stubborn to let the offence run threw them since he's not on the same level as he was a couple of years ago, That's not too high of a basketball IQ to me [patriot]
My list is a mix of a couple things. The person's all around game, value to the team and intangibles. LBJ, lacks clutch, lacks heart and of everyone listed has the lower IQ (maybe the exception of Howard, but Howard has immeasurable impact on the defensive). Like I said plenty of times. Raw athletic ability? He has them all beat. But you cannot just play basketball you have to think basketball. But I understand those that place him higher, based on his athletic ability. And I have completely nothing against LBJ, shit if anything I hate Kobe's ass. I am completely unbiased when I give my assessment. I had Wade at 2 for the longest, but Durant is settling in. I think dude is gonna be a beast in a years time. Also I think it will be hard to ever assess LBJ's full greatness because he joined a team that is stacked. 3 players averaging about 20+ each, one of which is already having a ring and being battle tested. And this is still Wades team IMO. No room for "if you can't beat them join them" in sports.

[ April 04, 2012, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
N8

negative. Kobe thinks the game and overall has a much higher hoop IQ than Lebron. You guys are getting "more athletic" and "better" confused. Ask 10 coaches and 10 real hoop players who they would rather have on their team and I bet 8 out of 10 would say Kobe (even at his age now).Hell Bird and Jordan have said they would rather have Kobe. A game of 1 on 1 is much different than a 5 on 5.
if ur asking me who's better of his time, I would deff say Kobe. And in his prime I prolly would pick Kobe over lebron. As far as now, lebron is better than Kobe. He gets more rebounds, assists, and even though Kobe averages more points, lebron feild goal percentage is far better than kobes. lebron makes his team better as much as Kobe if not better and his stats only ads to that arguement. Cavs team after lebron left also proves that.

I guess In the end, it's just an opinion but Then again, stats don't lie.

and asking coaches doesnt mean anything. for all we know it, they can just be saying that to respect kobe cuz he deff deserves it. lebron doesnt deserve the same respect. if you asked nba general managers who they rather have, im sure theyd say lebron.

[ April 05, 2012, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: a302juGRnuat ]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
N8

negative. Kobe thinks the game and overall has a much higher hoop IQ than Lebron. You guys are getting "more athletic" and "better" confused. Ask 10 coaches and 10 real hoop players who they would rather have on their team and I bet 8 out of 10 would say Kobe (even at his age now).Hell Bird and Jordan have said they would rather have Kobe. A game of 1 on 1 is much different than a 5 on 5.
if ur asking me who's better of his time, I would deff say Kobe. And in his prime I prolly would pick Kobe over lebron. As far as now, lebron is better than Kobe. He gets more rebounds, assists, and even though Kobe averages more points, lebron feild goal percentage is far better than kobes. lebron makes his team better as much as Kobe if not better and his stats only ads to that arguement. Cavs team after lebron left also proves that.

and asking coaches doesnt mean anything. for all we know it, they can just be saying that to respect kobe cuz he deff deserves it. lebron doesnt deserve the same respect. if you asked nba general managers who they rather have, im sure theyd say lebron.

GMs are more into jersey sales. But you are right its all opinion based. IMO, stats can be misleading if it does not yield results. Results = championships. Kobe gets it done when the game is on the line. LBJ just doesnt. What good is a player if he can only shine when the game is in the bag or there is a blowout? There are plenty of NBA players that can light it up stat wise. AI was one of them.
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
N8

GMs are more into jersey sales. But you are right its all opinion based. IMO, stats can be misleading if it does not yield results. Results = championships. Kobe gets it done when the game is on the line. LBJ just doesnt. What good is a player if he can only shine when the game is in the bag or there is a blowout? There are plenty of NBA players that can light it up stat wise. AI was one of them.
iversons shooting percentage was horrible and so was his turnovers. the only stat hiding is lebrons stats is clutch moments. he deff is not as clutch as kobe, and if i had to choose one player to shoot the ball in the last min, it goes hands down to kobe right now. but thats all kobe really has over lebron. imo, its not enough to say kobe is better than lebron. hes only better in one phase of the game. everything else, lebron dominates.

fyi, i dont even like either of themlol.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
N8

I dont either...lol. But like I said for pick up games... Lebron. My team deep in the playoffs or championships.... Kobe.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lebron is the best gay NBA basketball player since James Worthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyRhlGae-M

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com