Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone tear a muscle?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone tear a muscle?
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tore a muscle in my forearm this morning and I'm wondering how long before I can regain full use of it...

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how bad is the tear/strain?

usually 4-7 weeks for 1st degrees, second degree...longer depending on how bad it is. Arm muscles aren't weight bearing so it could shave some time off the recovery.

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work over night at a grocery store with heavy cases which is how it tore... I won't know how bad it is until a week in. They didn't do an mri (work comp doctor), and actually sent me back to work on modified duty... I'm not sure what I can do with one arm. I got a second opinion and that doctor said I shouldn't work for two weeks but all they care about is not paying for my work comp.

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:
I work over night at a grocery store with heavy cases which is how it tore... I won't know how bad it is until a week in. They didn't do an mri (work comp doctor), and actually sent me back to work on modified duty... I'm not sure what I can do with one arm. I got a second opinion and that doctor said I shouldn't work for two weeks but all they care about is not paying for my work comp.

Man, that sounds a bit shady to me. If I were you, I'd work til it got worse then blame the company for making you keep working. If a doc says stay out for 2 weeks, take that not to your employer...

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can switch doctors to one of your choice, i did this when kaiser was going to surgery, went to a better surgeon. Just have to sign some paperwork.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This same thing happened to me.They sent me back to work on modified duty.After 2 months of it still hurting they finally did an MRI.Tured out i tore a ligament and ripped a tendon off the bone.3 surgeries later ive been off work for over a year now and my arm will NEVER be the same nor will i ever be able to do my customary work again.Pick your doctor yourself and stay on top of your rights.Your employer and their insurance company will fuck you every chance they get.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah I'd go back and push for an MRI. my buddy fucked his foot up and they didnt do one and well there was deeper issues there and now it has never healed right. do yourself a favor and push for an MRI.if you have to see how much your insurance would cover and do it on your own, this is your arm we are talking about!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
This same thing happened to me.They sent me back to work on modified duty.After 2 months of it still hurting they finally did an MRI.Tured out i tore a ligament and ripped a tendon off the bone.3 surgeries later ive been off work for over a year now and my arm will NEVER be the same nor will i ever be able to do my customary work again.Pick your doctor yourself and stay on top of your rights.Your employer and their insurance company will fuck you every chance they get.

This is very true. Do not let your employer try to depict your well being. Get it taken care of right, otherwise your employer may wait til time is right, and release you for anything else, to avoid dealing with workers comp. I had a very shady boss before and saw him do it alot!

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com