Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » buyers beware

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: buyers beware
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sold this car a few weeks ago, has 209k on the body and #8 cylinder is going out. Unless there was work done to it that hasn't been stated.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2929398651.html

[ March 31, 2012, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: 915.0gt ]

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cant believe this car lives on still! Me and my mom daly drove it from 11k to 180k before i sold it. Always a solid rig

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you tell the buyer this? Or should we beware of you? Cant blame dude for trying to get rid of a problem you sold him.....

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good spot. Glad you mentioned in case there may be a buyer on this forum. Dude hasn't disclosed any of that.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Did you tell the buyer this? Or should we beware of you? Cant blame dude for trying to get rid of a problem you sold him.....

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

capriman
¯
Member # 11659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for capriman  Ford pictures for capriman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

oh, so if somebody sold a car to someone with a hidden problem and then hides the same problem and sells it to someone else that's ok? hmm sounds like shady logic to me.
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
915.0gt, was upfront with the problems when he tried to sell me the Mustang a few weeks ago. I couldnt believe someone was trying to flip it with a bad motor.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by capriman:
quote:

oh, so if somebody sold a car to someone with a hidden problem and then hides the same problem and sells it to someone else that's ok? hmm sounds like shady logic to me.
That would be bad of course, but the ad indicates the guy isnt aware of the issues. But then again if he's selling the car this quickly maybe he is. Hard to say, right.

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
915.0gt, was upfront with the problems when he tried to sell me the Mustang a few weeks ago. I couldnt believe someone was trying to flip it with a bad motor.

So that was the answer i was looking for, fuck this seller.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How can you be sure nothing is different? Would be pretty difficult to hide a cylinder being down

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This was the response I got from the seller,

Me: "What's the condition of the car? Has there any work done to the car recently since you have owned it?"

Seller: "Yes. Cylinder 8 was low on compression but it was fixed, the whole top end was replaced, but the car is sold already"

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com