Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bad day!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad day!!
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I must have dark cloud over me.I picked up a screw in my tire last night which the tire shop said was not repairable. I take the car home with the spare since they didn't have my tire size in stock. So this morning I decide I will drive my mustang to work. It's suppose to be nice out and a Friday so why not? I hop in the car and go to start it and the battery was dead. Turned out I left the wideband meter on. My mistake so I go to jump start the car. Didn't want to start. I double check the connection for a good ground and when I did that on the mustang it moved the jumper on the other car. The jumpers ended up touching and started smoking. I run over there disconnect it all. The mustang now has no electrical power at all. I hooked up my trickle charger to charge the battery sine I'm now running late for work. I go wash my hands off come back out and notice the battery charger cable I hooked up to the dead battery smoking. I open the door of the car and no interior lights or anything. So I just unhooked for now till I can look at it more tonight. It's been one he'll of day so far and it's only 9am!! I wanted to do that cruise on Sunday but who knows what the he'll I fried in that car now. Okay done venting!!! [Mad]
Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio1999GT  Ford pictures for Rio1999GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I'm having a bad day too, I didn't win the lottery [Frown]

omarquez510
¯
Member # 11233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for omarquez510  Ford pictures for omarquez510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First thing to go is the fuses. check ALL of them. [patriot]
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate when that happens... go buy a lotto ticket & hope ur luck changes... 500 mill will turn this crappy morning into [Big Grin]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like you might have collapsed the cells in the battery.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buying some fuses now. Hopefully the battery is okay. It's a optima redtop.
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The battery is fried. And if your fuses aren't popped, the fusible links will be. Guaranteed after that.

Good luck, take the battery to a battery place and they will charge it and tell you weather it's good.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Put a meter on the battery and it had 5 amps. No fuses are blown. When I hook up the battery cables I get a full power draw down to zero on my meter. Something definitely got fried.

I took some wires off the starter solenoid and it didnt ground out. So its a wire to the altanator, MSD box or my stereo amp. I'll check it out tomorrow. Maybe my luck will improve!! [dance]

[ March 30, 2012, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn well I hope its nothing major and you get her up and running today [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com