Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody here have CCW Permit (Concealed Weapon Permit) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody here have CCW Permit (Concealed Weapon Permit)
Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been thinking of applying for a concealed weapon permit. I understand it's difficult to obtain one in the Bay Area. Does anyone have theirs or have tried applying in the past? Is there anything I need to know or should know before applying for it?

--------------------
93 LX Hatch W/Black Int 5 Speed(R.I.P)
92 LX Coupe W/Black Int 5 Speed (sold)
88 LX Hatch 40K miles
68 Chevelle LS1
98 S10 Bagged FBSS

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even though you can get a permit, some counties don't allow you to carry, might want to check into that also before going through the trouble.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
City banning is actually illegal, read up on the victory in chicago,

You should see the laws start to ease up as the liberals continue to lose, so far there are about 38 states that are "shall issue" states and practice reciprocity

So long as your not a felon.....and don't have certain misdemeanors in the last 3,5 and 7yrs accordingly

The county must issue you a CPL as they have determined that the 2nd amendment was intentioned to protect you at all times in and out of your home

If a state reciprocates with your state, your CPL is good in that state too

And if they don't...you can still carry concealed "while passing through" but no stops.....not even gas

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also helps if you show that your job might require personal protection.
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bay Area counties like Alameda, Contra Costa, Solano, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, etc are near impossible to get permits for. On Calguns they release the yearly permit approvals for every county and the Bay Area barely breaks 50 permits total.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Solano County is actually one of the easier counties to get a CCW permit. A lot of Solano County residents have been able to get one. Sac is also a little bit easier. You gotta have a good justification tho.

Read up on CalGuns...lots of info about CCW in California.

Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
Bay Area counties like Alameda, Contra Costa, Solano, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, etc are near impossible to get permits for. On Calguns they release the yearly permit approvals for every county and the Bay Area barely breaks 50 permits total.

+1

The only people I've ever know to get them granted in the bay area are former law enforcement officers.

They are doing a great job of keeping law abiding citizens with no criminal record from being able to defend themselves and their loved ones while outside of their house... and of course the criminals all wait until they get their permit to be strapped....

[ March 16, 2012, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Farrell ]

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck with that one

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Farrell:
quote:

+1

The only people I've ever know to get them granted in the bay area are former law enforcement officers.

They are doing a great job of keeping law abiding citizens with no criminal record from being able to defend themselves and their loved ones while outside of their house... and of course the criminals all wait until they get their permit to be strapped....

Welcome to Commiefornia! Why would the Democrats want you to defend yourself, then you wouldn't need them to spoon feed you! This states gun laws are a joke, you can drive 1 1/2 hours to NV and buy an AK with a 75 round drum but in CA you have to worry about carrying a 10 round handgun LOL State with hundreds of thousands of gang members, but idiots like Portantino from Los Angeles put forth Bills to stop law abiding citizens from carrying. And people keep voting for these idiots!

[ March 16, 2012, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea .... Good luck getting a CCW if you are not in law enforcement or military. Won't happen.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have one. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
Originally posted by Farrell:
quote:

+1

Welcome to Commiefornia! Why would the Democrats want you to defend yourself, then you wouldn't need them to spoon feed you! This states gun laws are a joke, you can drive 1 1/2 hours to NV and buy an AK with a 75 round drum but in CA you have to worry about carrying a 10 round handgun LOL State with hundreds of thousands of gang members, but idiots like Portantino from Los Angeles put forth Bills to stop law abiding citizens from carrying. And people keep voting for these idiots!
+1,000,000,000,000
You can't change stupid, but you can vote it out.
[patriot]

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The thing that fucked everything up for legitimate gun owners in ca was the Bank Robbery in Los Angeles in 1997 with the two guys that had full auto weapons and outgunned the police.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

[ March 16, 2012, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just carry it anyways I do I usally carry when I go out to the delta fishin or campin and is usally under my seat when I go to certain places [Wink]

Why do you want this permit? [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
The thing that fucked everything up for legitimate gun owners in ca was the Bank Robbery in Los Angeles in 1997 with the two guys that had full auto weapons and outgunned the police.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

You want to know what's NOT reported or talked about that robbery?
LAPD went to a gun shop near the bank and the owner gave them the AR's off his wall so they could stop the robbers...... Point being if those guns wouldn't have been available/ illegal to us Ca residents, the gun shop wouldn't have had them in stock [Wink]

Maybe those guys would have done more damage IF the cops wouldn't have had those guns. Just another way to look at that scenario.....
quote:
.......several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the appropriate firepower for patrol officers to have available in similar situations in the future.

[ March 16, 2012, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:

Probably so he can defend himself LEGALLY.

Move up to Mendocino or Lake county, they hand them out like candy....

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:

THAT'S NOT AN GOOD EXPLAINATION TO OWN ONE. NEED MORE OF A REASON THEN THAT.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
quote:
quote:

well...you see, there is this homeless guy down the street and hes been digging in my trash can and making a HUGE mess of it.....I just wanted to show him whos boss.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I have one. [patriot]

Seriously? How difficult was it to obtain? Or are you LE? I want to get one because I run 3 diffident health facilities and am the first to respond when our burglar alarm goes off. One of the facilities is in a bad area and in the last few weeks there's been 4 assaults and 3 break-ins.

I have no criminal record. Clean law abiding citizen. And I just want to be able to protect myself in case of an encounter with a degenerate

[ March 16, 2012, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Fast92lxcoupe ]

--------------------
93 LX Hatch W/Black Int 5 Speed(R.I.P)
92 LX Coupe W/Black Int 5 Speed (sold)
88 LX Hatch 40K miles
68 Chevelle LS1
98 S10 Bagged FBSS

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

How is that not a good enough reason? People do stupid shit all the time, you'll never know. You might as well be ready, besides if you don't feel the need to get one that's fine.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard it costs like 400 bucks a year to maintain your permit.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How is that not a good enough reason? People do stupid shit all the time, you'll never know. You might as well be ready, besides if you don't feel the need to get one that's fine.
You do need a little more description on why. Like if i applied mine would be i am a gold miner and i am out in the woods alot and i would rather carry concealed than advertise i have a weapon to the strange people you sometimes meet in the woods.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You do need a little more description on why. Like if i applied mine would be i am a gold miner and i am out in the woods alot and i would rather carry concealed than advertise i have a weapon to the strange people you sometimes meet in the woods.
I don't need it for a job, I'd get it for the fact that I'll have it for security. I don't normally carry large amounts of cash or valuables, it's more of a safety thing. I've been shooting all of my life and I'm not some gung ho asshole looking to shoot somebody.

People get car jacked every day, I'm not just going to hand them my keys and say "here ya go". I also buy and sell a lot of car parts and have delt with my fare share of shady people. Like I said before there are some crazy ass desperate people out there, I'd rather not get caught with my pants down.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GL with trying to win the state over. The reasons I see will not work IMO. I hear that to be able to quilify, there has to be less than 250k people in the County you apply in.....theres 245k people in Fremont alone, so that disquilifies you already. I have a license to carry exposed in plain clothes so being concealed would be a bonus, but not a big deal.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i repo cars and they wouldnt give me one. found a loophole tho. if you are in transit to or from a hunting or fishing trip (i can say im oncall so i brought my truck and got a call while i was down here. will be officers discretion so far they have been very cool to me) you can have a concealed loaded weapon. i keep a fishing pole and lures in my truck. plus when im down in monterey/salinas i can toss the line out for a bit between night runs and door knocks.
Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com