Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Maaco job offer????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Maaco job offer????
$icInsane
¯
Member # 10068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for $icInsane  Ford pictures for $icInsane    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went in for a interview last week and they called me in today that i got the job. Does any know if its a good place to work and if they pay good and if its a good work enviroment? I heard bad stuff about their work but i want to know if they are good ppls? Thanks

--------------------
49ERZ TILL I DIE!!!!
1989 DROP TOP 306

Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHICH MAACO? IN SAC AREA?
$icInsane
¯
Member # 10068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for $icInsane  Ford pictures for $icInsane    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My bad in Fremont

--------------------
49ERZ TILL I DIE!!!!
1989 DROP TOP 306

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take the job, In the mean time look for something better. When you actually find something better, tell them that you received another offer with better perks. And show them in Writing, that way they MIGHT give you a better offer (more pay, better perks). Whatever it maybe.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
$icInsane
¯
Member # 10068

Ok because the owner or manager said i was going to start from the bottom and its up to me if i move up but i already have a job during the night and i want to know if its worth it working their? My main goal is to be a mechanic nt in the auto body industry but i am not a certify ase mechanic i just go by what i know lol and i cant find a shop in the eastbay that gives beginners a shot.

--------------------
49ERZ TILL I DIE!!!!
1989 DROP TOP 306

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll be painting cars nonstop and nver not busy. Its the perfect opportunity to make money and make contacts for side jobs i bet.

Great news and good luck with the new job!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

$icInsane
¯
Member # 10068

Yea true on the contacts side but i am going to be a prepper and sander not a painter yet. Auto body is not my thing but it would look good in my resume if i think abt it that way. But the problem nw at my night job i work from 11 to 730 and they want me their at 8 and i work in san ramon and the 680 n 880 be packed with traffic and i wont be able to make it and my boss cant have me come early and leave early because we are short in staff. I work in a 911 dispatch center. Anyone looking for a job yall can apply on the link on craigslist city san ramon

--------------------
49ERZ TILL I DIE!!!!
1989 DROP TOP 306

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds almost like you are trying to talk yourself out the gig. Getting any job in this climate is a blessing. So for that be thankful. But as you have stated it seems almost unlikely you will stick with this not to mention putting a lot of wear and tear on your body/social life.
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
You'll be painting cars nonstop and nver not busy. Its the perfect opportunity to make money and make contacts for side jobs i bet.

Correction..........youll be sanding cars,masking cars,cleaning paint guns,buffing cars,washing cars,and cleaning the shop,office,and bathroom.But you gotta start somewhere. [patriot]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Sounds almost like you are trying to talk yourself out the gig. Getting any job in this climate is a blessing. So for that be thankful. But as you have stated it seems almost unlikely you will stick with this not to mention putting a lot of wear and tear on your body/social life.

Well said
NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much theu sarting you off at? and dont lie, i use to be a prepper i know the going rate
06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to be a mechanic without spending $25k+ at uti or wyotech, here's the recipe: take a job at jiffy lube, speedee, or a Walmart service center type place to have something to put on your resume, then apply for a lube tech position at a dealership, be responsible, reliable, and hard working while making sure the shop foreman and service manager notice, then youll get bumped to apprentice tech, then when they feel you're ready, you will be flat rate and complaining about warranty times like the rest of us. Good luck!

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

$icInsane
¯
Member # 10068

I know i am blessed and gratefull for the offer but its something that i dont want to go for and i wont be able to leave my current job early to make it on time. I really do need the money but my mind is set to start off as a mechanic or the bottom of the chain. He said around 9 or 10 a hour.

--------------------
49ERZ TILL I DIE!!!!
1989 DROP TOP 306

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally I say take it and work up. 15'ish years ago I started as a cashier for Pep Boys making under $10 per hour. Within 3 years I was promoted 4 or 5 different times and ended up as the store manager making 50k + bonus. This at age 20/21.

No matter what your job is, do it better than the person before you. As store manager I still cleaned bathrooms when they needed to be done. You do what needs to be done, regardless of your "rank" imo.

So yes, I suggest you take the job, learn the skill better, and use this starting point as just that, a starting point. Can only go up from there. Congrats and goodluck [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its kinda hard to advise you without knowing your scenario ie. Married, kids, mortgage... You sound sort of young to me. If it were me and I had none of the above to worry about, and youth on my side, I would choose to work smarter not harder. Meaning I would take the gig that would get me on the path to where I want to be in a couple years or at least in the ballpark. Sounds like 911 tech is not that.
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
prepping is not in the ballpark of mechanical work
Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say stick with your gig as a 911 dispatcher and work off that career. IMO automotive is an economical based profession. One day your making bank next day you are on unemployment. Even the best of the best get it that way.

If you are set on automotive try this.Find a local shop that will work within in your schedule and start sweeping floors and watching. The best way to learn.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:

It is in the ballpark as in working with automobiles. But I see where you are going with it, and I would tend to agree. But where I am going is, he presented 2 options. One has absolutely nothing in common with automobiles and working with his hands, and the other does. That = ballpark, when view in context of the subject/options presented.

[ March 14, 2012, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A 911 dispatcher is a city/county job which seems great...I'd hang with that for a bit. Then again if you are truly focused and determined to be an auto mechanic and that's all you want to do, you don't want to waste time here and there, once time gets away...it doesn't come back...so take the job, stick it out while you find a shop that will work with your, or get that ASE certs and go for it. Either way, good luck with what you chose.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you just looking to make extra cash on top of your current job, or thinking about a career change? I see people every day at my work that get a second job for extra cash, and it doesnt work out. See the problem is they were a good/decent employee in the first place , then they start working to much and start dragging ass. They then drop to average or just below average and never get promoted. If it was me I would put everything you got into your current job. Start asking to perform tasks your boss does, excel in all job expectations , and act as if you want to be. This may take a little while, but it will have its rewards later. Just my opinion.

[ March 14, 2012, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Camara90 ]

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

Correction..........youll be sanding cars,masking cars,cleaning paint guns,buffing cars,washing cars,and cleaning the shop,office,and bathroom.But you gotta start somewhere. [patriot]
Exactly..
thrashed
¯
Member # 9752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thrashed  Ford pictures for thrashed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If a second job is not needed, why not put the energy into mid day and afternoon auto classes at the local jr. college and work that way towards your experience, ASE cert, etc.

[ March 15, 2012, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: thrashed ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:

It is in the ballpark as in working with automobiles. But I see where you are going with it, and I would tend to agree. But where I am going is, he presented 2 options. One has absolutely nothing in common with automobiles and working with his hands, and the other does. That = ballpark, when view in context of the subject/options presented.
the only thing mechanical would be his hands moving back and forth with a piece of sand paper.
If he is lucky he can can R&I door handles and such.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hit upo Dan Amaral at amarals enigine machining in fremont. I think his shop helper just quit. Might not pay alot but the perks would be cool.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com