Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Jury duty- do not delete without reading

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Jury duty- do not delete without reading
1SLW4DR
¯
Member # 11498

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 1SLW4DR  Ford pictures for 1SLW4DR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jury duty- do not delete without reading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This came across the Marshal Service wire alert. Please take notice.
This is for real. Along with the FBI.Gov we are also looking to this.

Importance: High Pass this on to your grown children and anyone else you can think of. This has been verified by the FBI (their link is also included below). Please pass this on to everyone in your email address book. It is spreading fast so be prepared should you get this call. Most of us take those summonses for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic duty that a new and ominous kind of fraud has surfaced.

The caller claims to be a jury DUTY coordinator. If you protest that you never received a summons for jury duty, the Scammer asks you for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant. Give out any of this information and bingo; your identity was just stolen.

The fraud has been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma , Illinois , and Colorado , AZ and more. This (swindle) is particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the phone to try to bully people into giving information by pretending they are with the court system.

The FBI and the federal court system have issued nationwide alerts on their web sites, warning consumers about the fraud. Check it out here:

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/identity/juryduty.asp

[ March 13, 2012, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Black_Sedan281 ]

--------------------
03 mercury marauder

TireSmokingHooligan.

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scum bags ! Hope they catch them, I bet there is some poor old folks who fell for the scam. Messed up, don't know why some don't just get a job and earn their keep like most of us citizens do.

[ March 13, 2012, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So this scam is making a comeback huh? The best scams never die i guess...

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2006/june/jury_scam060206

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] My dad told me about this.. But I dont give any info ever!

--------------------
1966 Mustang

rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
iv never responded to any summons they send me.just rip them up and throw them away. iv never gotten a phone call.
Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com