Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » thinkin bout gettin a dirt bike

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: thinkin bout gettin a dirt bike
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but the thing is if i want one, i gotta sell my 95 to have the cash to get it.
Posts: 273 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I Say keep your whip cause u need a car more than a dirtbike stack up and get one when the time is right no need to rush it and plus its better cause u will have best of both worlds

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

Posts: 340 | From: some where in the bay | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i have my 2005 vw gti to get around and it gets good mpg. and plus im only 20 bout to turn 21 so i have my whole life ahead of me to build a badass car
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by arodeast408:
I Say keep your whip cause u need a car more than a dirtbike stack up and get one when the time is right no need to rush it and plus its better cause u will have best of both worlds

I agree.... The trade off would not be worth it, even if you don't drive your car that much. I have been riding quads and dirtbikes for years, they come an they go. If you save up $1000-1800 you can get yourself a good bike. Me personnally I like two strokes, even though they have a tendency to blow up. Just be patient and find 125-250cc bike and you'll be good.
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

ya i feel what ya'll are saying, but being in 29 palms, i gotta burn a half a tank atleast to get any where to go cruisin. the sand here is not doing my 95 any justice. with the bike, i could go ride anywhere and go every weekend.
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blue95gt:
ya i feel what ya'll are saying, but being in 29 palms, i gotta burn a half a tank atleast to get any where to go cruisin. the sand here is not doing my 95 any justice. with the bike, i could go ride anywhere and go every weekend.

If you're really not happy then just get a KTM enduro 690cc, then you could ride street and dirt all in the same day !
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So we've gone from "good" 1800 dollar bikes to a bike worth most cars on this site. If your getting a bike, get one that's 2005 or newer. Do you want to just sit down on the seat and cruise around or do you know how to ride? A 125cc will probably not work, especially in sand.
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get whatever you want that you can afford. You do have a commuter car and you will definitely have plenty of time in your life to get another mustang. We have all traded away cars we thought were the best just to get another one down the line that we like more. I understand the bike thing I love bikes, personally I'm really into trucks right now myself so that may be my next thing.

[ March 11, 2012, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
So we've gone from "good" 1800 dollar bikes to a bike worth most cars on this site.

Yea and your point is...???? I was making a suggestion... Does that bother you ?
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and does your VW have a towing package? how will this dirtbike get to dirt or sand? your call, But I've seen it happen with A Lot of military guys they move somewhere and got to get on the kool aid of what all the other guys are doing and sell their stuff just to get on the band wagon. if you have never owned a dirtbike before, keep your car and save up a few bucks and buy a good running odl bike to make sure having a dirtbike suits you!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

haha well im not jumping on the band wagon. only 2 of my buddies down here have bikes. plus ive wanted one for a while
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id get a wr klx or other wide ratio bike with a light. It would be great out there in the desert. Your young ride while you can you can always get another car down the road. Head out to johnson valley down there sometime awsome riding.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how tall are you/weight? What is your riding experience? Not here to make fun of you, just help. Bikes come in all sorts of flavors

At Ronin: It's a stupid/thoughtless "option" The money isn't there. Ktm 690 enduro is not a dirt bike at all, it would be an expensive handful for a smaller rider or inexperienced rider.

[ March 12, 2012, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: gray03gt ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com