Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 03 Cobra: Salvage Issue (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 03 Cobra: Salvage Issue
Vancityman
¯
Member # 11569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vancityman  Ford pictures for Vancityman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Guys,

Im new here but ive been over on SVTP for a while. Anyways, i drove up north last weekend to the redding area to look at an 03 cobra. Car was clean and ran and drove good, and the price was right, so I gave the seller a deposit of $200. Now he had told me on the phone and in person that the car had a clean title. I am supposed to pick the car up saturday. So, last night i run the carfax, and it was wrecked back in 03 and carries a salvage title.

I would still like to purchase the car, but I feel the seller either needs to

A: refund my deposit
B: Sell the car for cheaper due to the title issue.

If he refuses either, what should I do? Its only $200, so im not going to loose sleep over it, but at the same time....its $200 ya know.

Any thoughts boys?

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make him lower the price for bullshitting you kuz he MIGHT be lying about something else too, you never know.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a bad sign.... If he did not tell you that it was salvaged and what happened there's something wrong with the deal. He should have known it was salvaged because it would say so on the title.

A salvaged title 03/04 Cobra is worth considerably less than one with a Clean title. We're talking thousands.

All the signs of a deal that I would stay away from. Get your deposit back and keep looking.

[ March 08, 2012, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He should give you the money back because if the car is a prior salvage title then its obviously not what he advertised it to be.

You can go to court and get that back.

Keep in mind, cars can have a salvage title out of state and then come out clean when it gets registered in california.

This is why i always do a carfax no matter what the title says here.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get your money back and find a different car. He should compensate your gas in my opinion as well.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get your money back and find a clean title car

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
That's a bad sign.... If he did not tell you that it was salvaged and what happened there's something wrong with the deal. He should have known it was salvaged because it would say so on the title.

A salvaged title 03/04 Cobra is worth considerably less than one with a Clean title. We're talking thousands.

All the signs of a deal that I would stay away from. Get your deposit back and keep looking.

+100 [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get your deposit back a run... [burnout]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuk the deposit tell him suck it for lying and blast his craigslist ad for it cut your losses so what you drive all that way and spend $80 bux to recomp the 200 and gas you already lost dont buy it live and learn atleast you were smart enough to carfax it before you bought it dont waste any more dinero screwing around

[ March 09, 2012, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Give you the money back. If not you can sue I'm for fraudulent misrepresentation.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Give you the money back. If not you can sue I'm for fraudulent misrepresentation.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Silver 1 in cottonwood

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

Vancityman
¯
Member # 11569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vancityman  Ford pictures for Vancityman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^thats the one.

Looks like im not getting my deposit back. Live and learn I guess. Fuck those hillbillys

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if i were you, id make him give you your money back or lower the price at where you want it. however, it is a bad sign that hes lied to you so id double check everything else. gl

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put link up so we can flag the piss out of it!

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :