Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How are the rubber or poly bushings compared to the bearing style? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How are the rubber or poly bushings compared to the bearing style?
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is the difference [Confused]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
soft, hard, and almost welded in squaky as fuk but no rear end side to side movement [burnout]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rubber or poly bushings deflect and add friction to the joint. But they help keep nvh at acceptable levels, good for street cars. Heim joints or spherical bearings do not deflect and have almost zero friction. Good for race cars where nvh is not a concern. There is no reason to have rubber, poly, or delrin bushings on a track only car.
Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to tech talk. But I would of thought you kind of shop would of known this. [Confused]

--------------------
Duh' Winning- Charlie Sheen

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blown doors off:
Welcome to tech talk. But I would of thought you kind of shop would of known this. [Confused]

HATIN ON A QUESTION ASKED. SMH! [Confused]

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hes a frame an reinforcing chassis kinda guy, its like asking a exaust guy how to tune a motor. forget smh comment . dude is just straite out rude. iron 50 always has questions cause where all learning or still learning stuff or at least trying even when rude ass people open there pie hole.
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
rubber and soft poly flex which adds a bit of cushion, nice for street car who doesn't want there car to shake and rattle over pebbles in the road, doesn't last forever though. but with this flex from the softer materials your alignment can come out of exact measurement, something youll never notice on a street driven car or most at least. delron and harder poly is more like a step up, hardly no flex but not strait out solid either, maybe for like the weekend racer or the drive to track and then race kinda guys, and last a long time.some delron,and all spherical bearings are strait out full race, no cushion, so you feel everything in the road, but zero movement so suspension components are exact where you want it to be. people use all these pieces in any order they want and set it up how every they want but these are some of the differences and things u can expect.
Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not trying sound like hating or being rude. But thought he was build a few different type cars drift, open track, and straight line. So kinda figured he's been around to know the difference.

--------------------

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not trying sound like hating or being rude. But thought he was build a few different type cars drift, open track, and straight line. So kinda figured he's been around to know the difference.

hes a welder lol i guess when you assume you make an ass out o u and me but only you in this case lol. Wow i would take my car to him anyday! i know if he has a question about something atleast he will ask instead of being a know it all
Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

i was rude myself, sorry. i just get tired of dealing with people always bagging on shops, like were some crooks that should know everything, or people out of there home that use google way to much that think they know it all as well, trying to down talk shops on here just cause they finished reading a couple paragraphs out of google or on some forum. really we people that have shop,s are just people like u, and we all make mistakes, we all are learning, its just a tough business cause a lot of shops do act like they know everything and scam or screw stuff, and then push there customers out the door. me and a good handfull of other shops on here sometimes take the wrap for bad or crooked shops. so where up against a lot.but the ones i see on here have been honest and do good work, and bend over to make there customers happy. its embarrassing at times when i come in the teck talk to ask questions myself, but there really is some good helpfull people on here. but no body knows everything or close to it.
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Guys. ! And Duncan. I agree with you [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not hating here either but if he welding torque boxes u shud kinda have an idea of the bushings and what would cause a torque box to fail dont u thnk???
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
quote:

hes a welder lol i guess when you assume you make an ass out o u and me but only you in this case lol. Wow i would take my car to him anyday! i know if he has a question about something atleast he will ask instead of being a know it all

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jesse. I'm Talking. The coaster chamber. Plates tonto

--------------------
You mama

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

mustang design in general causes the torque boxs to fail. the difference in bushings just speeds or slows the problem. so your question changed a bit, is like asking a exaust, or muffler shop, what cam to run in the motor, or what heads to run. yes the exhaust bolts to the motor, but is he a engine builder? no. does he specialize in suspension? no. he does have to remove an install these pieces to get to his job at hand. but he is a frame strengthener, a chassis reinforcer, roll bars, not a suspension guy, but he wants to learn and know more.
so what i see is a guy asking a question to improve his knowledge on bushings, he probably sees many different kinds of bushings, and what does he get? any help full answers? any links to help? are u on here to help him? if your not trying to help, then what is your purpose? wondering why a guy doesnt know everything, and further wondering why is he asking? yeah he should of asked in teck talk, but he might have pink eye for all i know lol.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

the track , and drift, and strait line stuff john has mentioned, was a team kinda thing where working on if our schedules permit us.he the iron 50 welder and strengthener, we got a driver, we got a engine builder, we got a couple suspension guys as well. i think we might have the total package, we got a good assortment of folks that are working together. i ask john questions to help my welding skills, and they have improved. this a forum to help others am i right? so maybe a guy that welds metal, wants to learn more about rubbers lol.
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Pink eyes! ! Lol

--------------------
You mama

Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Sounds like a group of shops combined to make an all around one stop shop. [dance]

--------------------

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

We are here for helping. People fron caforts no for heating [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 89 306:
Not hating here either but if he welding torque boxes u shud kinda have an idea of the bushings and what would cause a torque box to fail dont u thnk???
quote:
quote:

cuz,i thought you was a aight guy but all you doin is jumpin on bandwagons an hatin. bruh you a straight j cat for that shit!
i dont want j cats like you ridin no where wit me or around me. u see me keep it pushin!

[ March 07, 2012, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: 707clone ]

--------------------

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 707clone:
quote:
quote:
quote:

cuz,i thought you was a aight guy but all you doin is jumpin on bandwagons an hatin. bruh you a straight j cat for that shit!
i dont want j cats like you ridin no where wit me or around me. u see me keep it pushin!

Rick, its not that serious to get all mad when someone says something negative about Jonathan, you got to understand the people that has something negative to say been knowing him way longer than you and know how be gets down. This is a open forum for discussion. Jesse and myself have first hand experience with Jonathan and everything we have said is backed up with straight facts. It's just funny when someone in tech talk ask a question about suspension and jonathon is the first person on there talking about they can do it and he builds drift and road racing cars and then he don't even know something as simple as the difference between bushings, something is extremely wrong with that picture.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rick, its not that serious to get all mad when someone says something negative about Jonathan, you got to understand the people that has something negative to say been knowing him way longer than you and know how be gets down. This is a open forum for discussion. Jesse and myself have first hand experience with Jonathan and everything we have said is backed up with straight facts. It's just funny when someone in tech talk ask a question about suspension and jonathon is the first person on there talking about they can do it and he builds drift and road racing cars and then he don't even know something as simple as the difference between bushings, something is extremely wrong with that picture.
bla bla bla bla [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

welcome to the drama again [Big Grin] popcorns? [Big Grin]

--------------------
You mama

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

you follow me more than my shadow [Razz]
Worry more about your life not mine and have a nice day [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

bruh check this out,jesse was just askin jonathan to do his subframes a lil while ago,that nigga fake ass fuck. and as for you when is it gonna stop,you and jesse and bj go outta your way to try an sabotage his business and really all you doin is bringin him more business.so is it really worth it to be doin all this. thats j cat shit.

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
You mama

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com