Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Advice on Red Light Tickets?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice on Red Light Tickets?
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so I just received a red light ticket in the mail, havent gotten one since '09. This particular one was for running through an intersection, failure to stop. CVC 21453(a)

Anything I can do to get out of it? The pic is kind of fuzzy but you can tell its me I guess.

Car is registered under my dad's name, the ticket is issued to him but I was driving.

Please keep the smart remarks to yourself about how I should have stopped.

Thanks,

Ulises

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what i understand, he can check a box on the ticket saying "this is not me" and it will ask if he knows who it is, he can say no and then nothing happens.

I've never gotten one as I recline my seats to ease back pain and i am flooring it if i am close. by the time the pic snaps all it gets is my chin and body...

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
fatjuice05
¯
Member # 7523

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatjuice05  Ford pictures for fatjuice05    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont sign anything and do pay anything...if you sign it you admit to the fine...me and my co workers get them all the time and did nothing....and nothing happens they say you will get a warrant for arrest but is not true since you never signed a ticket in first place, just say you never got anything in the mail [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] works all the time [patriot]

o and dont go and try to fight it either then they know that you have recieved the ticket... im serious this works lol if you dont believe me google it... [patriot]

--------------------
"Powered By Frijoles"

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have your dad walk into court with the ticket the they will see its not him and dismiss it immediately. I've seen this done plenty of times in walk in court. They won't ask who it is or anything.
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the replies.

What I think is exactly what you guys said, since the ticket is issued to him and the picture is NOT him but me, all he has to say is he wasnt driving?

What happens if they ask more questions?

Any legal consequences?

Thanks again guys

--------------------
1966 Mustang

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You could get out it by stopping before the light turns red [patriot]
06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fatjuice05:
dont sign anything and do pay anything...if you sign it you admit to the fine...me and my co workers get them all the time and did nothing....and nothing happens they say you will get a warrant for arrest but is not true since you never signed a ticket in first place, just say you never got anything in the mail [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] works all the time [patriot]

o and dont go and try to fight it either then they know that you have recieved the ticket... im serious this works lol if you dont believe me google it... [patriot]

This does work, my coworker did it and his wife's boss does it all the time. The original letter comes from a private company, and when you sign it and send it to the PD, your pretty much snitching on yourself.

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by 06ragtopgt_SOS:
quote:
Originally posted by fatjuice05:

This does work, my coworker did it and his wife's boss does it all the time. The original letter comes from a private company, and when you sign it and send it to the PD, your pretty much snitching on yourself.
Its up to my dad on this one, I dont think he will since hes never gotten a ticket ever.

Looks like best bet so far is for him to go in and just say its not him.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pay the ticket and learn the lesson. jumping hoops is fun, but when karma finds you, it wont be FUN then will it.

When somebody keys you shit, dont say " what did I ever do to deserve this?" IMO

GL

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
red light tickets are snitch tickets, whole report on em [patriot]

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/special-report-snitch-tickets-from-red-light/vD4rz/

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother got a red light ticket in my car. I went to court and pled not guilty. They scheduled a court date and I went and told the officer it was not me driving. He asked who was driving and I told him I didn't know. He told me he didn't believe me and I shrugged my shoulders and stayed silent. YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO TELL THEM SHIT.

This is no I heard this or was told that this is the way it works and I personally did it. Best of luck.

Also the pic they sent you is some cheap ass copy. the original you will see in court it's good quality. They will also show you the video.

If you don't look even close to your father he can just send back the paper and avoid court

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by SIC70STANG:
My brother got a red light ticket in my car. I went to court and pled not guilty. They scheduled a court date and I went and told the officer it was not me driving. He asked who was driving and I told him I didn't know. He told me he didn't believe me and I shrugged my shoulders and stayed silent. YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO TELL THEM SHIT.

This is no I heard this or was told that this is the way it works and I personally did it. Best of luck.

Also the pic they sent you is some cheap ass copy. the original you will see in court it's good quality. They will also show you the video.

If you don't look even close to your father he can just send back the paper and avoid court

Thanks man I appreciate it. Ive been looking for a law that says that exact thing but cant find it. If I can find the law that states just that, then my dad can go in and that would be it.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No prob man. Which law are you looking for though?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

One that says he has the right to stay silent and just say it is not him.

If I can find a law that states just that, then Ill win since ticket is issued to my dad and not me

Thanks again man, appreciate it.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:

If I can find a law that states just that, then Ill win since ticket is issued to my dad and not me

you broke the law an got caught now it is time to pay up like a man
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle:
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:

you broke the law an got caught now it is time to pay up like a man
Agreed, I did break the law...BUT, you guys were right. Ive heard some of you guys have used Ticket Assassin before so I went to go check it out.

It says that if lets say person A gets the ticket in his/her name but person B or C was driving, then person A can plead not guilty. It should be dismissed because there is no further evidence.

http://www.ticketassassin.com/rlt.html

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com