Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Diesel Owners (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Diesel Owners
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you smogged your truck? I tried to get it smogged today and they didn't like my Banks Wastegate actuator. Not sure if it has a carb number. I thought all they cared about was the smoke out of the pipe not the mods.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on mine they raised the hood and reved the motor looking for smoke. passed but i was pissed about the way they reved the motor above 3k. goto a different place. my friend has all kinds of mods and he passed.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They didn't charge me any money so maybe i will try another place.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any evidence of mods, a tune (even stickers) and most won't touch it

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend just had his smogged with the banks WG actuator. 99 7.3

it passed.

luckly for me, i dont have to smog mine. LOL and good thing, cause it wouldnt pass anyways. [patriot]

[ February 08, 2012, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: norcalfiddy ]

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the smog for my diesel didnt even see the sniffer, they just plugged it into the computer. 1999 f350 7.3L

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C.A.R.B. Suck balls pretty soon your gonna have to fart in a muffler [BS flag]
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 93venom:
the smog for my diesel didnt even see the sniffer, they just plugged it into the computer. 1999 f350 7.3L

I wonder if mine will pass smog with my chip in the stock mod. Didn't think they connected the computer up.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I thought all they did was see if it blew smoke, its stupid that they do a visual inspection.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I guess i better call Banks and see if there is a carb number for it and if there is then hope my chip isn't noticed when they plug in the computer.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

wcs1993
¯
Member # 11111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wcs1993  Ford pictures for wcs1993    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smogged my 04 Excursion with a cold air intake, Banks programmer, 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust. I had to reinstall the cat, other than that it was fine. They check the computer for any codes you may have cleared before having it smogged.

--------------------
93 EX CHP - Terminator swap, full MM
66 Convert 4spd, A code
03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
15 Ecoboost Fusion
98 SVT Contour
07 Expedition Limited

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by wcs1993:
Smogged my 04 Excursion with a cold air intake, Banks programmer, 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust. I had to reinstall the cat, other than that it was fine. They check the computer for any codes you may have cleared before having it smogged.

Did you have a Banks Wastegate actuator?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What wcs1993 said. And call Banks tomorrow and ask if he has a carb number on that part. I heard Gale Banks spent a bunch of money with carb or whatever to get carb numbers for all of his aftermarket parts. There was a list of parts that were approved for some initial period but I think that expired. Some smog techs don't know what they're doing. There's a couple guys that I know of who passed with twin turbos and such, then one guy went with some very mild mods and he failed.

Good luck.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt worry about the tune unless,it blows smoke or has an engine light. They cant tell what programming is in the computer. i have dp tune with 6 settings, i just put in it position one which is stock so no soot.

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by slocobra:
I wouldnt worry about the tune unless,it blows smoke or has an engine light. They cant tell what programming is in the computer. i have dp tune with 6 settings, i just put in it position one which is stock so no soot.

Nah it doesn't blow smoke, I put it in stock position to, he did some weird rev before popping the hood probably to see if the check engine light would come on or something.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If there is no evidence of a chip, put it in the stock mode and you'll pass no issue. Anything else visual will likely put a hitch in your plans
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
If there is no evidence of a chip, put it in the stock mode and you'll pass no issue. Anything else visual will likely put a hitch in your plans

I'm good then, just don't want to have to put the stock wastegate back on, it was a pain in hte ass to do.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had to geta cat for mine..sucked they wanted $1200. + install.
I found one for $100 and welded it in. Pulled my chip and left my diy intake alone.
How much are you guys paying for smog? I think mine was $40 or less?

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Bent70:
I had to geta cat for mine..sucked they wanted $1200. + install.
I found one for $100 and welded it in. Pulled my chip and left my diy intake alone.
How much are you guys paying for smog? I think mine was $40 or less?

it would have been 40 bucks, my truck didn't come with a cat. Its not a california edition truck.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your lucky i was stressed for a min.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Called Banks and they said ALL their parts are carb legal but the dudes tech was gone who had all the carb numbers so i didn't get it. I'll have to get it monday.

[ February 10, 2012, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Told you [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
wcs1993
¯
Member # 11111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wcs1993  Ford pictures for wcs1993    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by wcs1993:

Did you have a Banks Wastegate actuator?
No I did not.

--------------------
93 EX CHP - Terminator swap, full MM
66 Convert 4spd, A code
03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
15 Ecoboost Fusion
98 SVT Contour
07 Expedition Limited

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I hope he just wasn't talking out of his ass though.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I got a carb sticker from Banks. Mentions their kits which I don't have but the one part I do have from their kit is in included. Hopefully this is enough.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com