Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » looking for new job

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for new job
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for louisiana96  Ford pictures for louisiana96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i hate my job my manager and the company I work for I work for Sears appliances I've been promoted twice now I have a new manager and I have never been disrespected by anyone till she came and no its not the money I make good....so now its time to.move on

Does any one know a good place around the 209 that's not wearhouse I have a bad back I'm thinking car sales any one can suggest any good companies to work for any good input is appreciated thanks

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

Aka: what96

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
law enforcement [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trust me Eric you do not want to do car sales at least not in Stockton...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gercolla1:

+1

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for louisiana96  Ford pictures for louisiana96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Law enforcement would be awsome but Idk where to even start ill start asking around about where to start and Justin I noe man but I know everywhere is hiring for them..thanks for the replies any more info is appriciated....

Ps Justin what's up are u goin to knotts???

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Why is it people assume its easy to get into law enforcement. So many leo's have been laid off that when a position opens up somewhere they have a bunch of applicants that are already post certified and have experience. He mentioned he has a bad back,what will happen during the academy when he has to do 100's of sit ups etc etc.

If your back is that messed up you are better off not doing any physical work you will just malke it worse. Car salesman have potential to make money, it just depends how bad you want to work.

louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:

Why is it people assume its easy to get into law enforcement. So many leo's have been laid off that when a position opens up somewhere they have a bunch of applicants that are already post certified and have experience. He mentioned he has a bad back,what will happen during the academy when he has to do 100's of sit ups etc etc.

If your back is that messed up you are better off not doing any physical work you will just malke it worse. Car salesman have potential to make money, it just depends how bad you want to work.

I agree 100% I noe its hard my cusin got is getting laid off from corrections for 6 months they said and and your right there's potential in car sales but I have to really look at what city is selling a lot because I have a family to support and a wrench habit lol...but I'm not close minded I'm looking for anything I would like that would support my family and have potential growth thanks for the input

[ January 17, 2012, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: louisiana96 ]

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck it, a job is a job.... Had my old supervisor get fired then had some new dick head come I'n.... Thought about leaving but said fuck that, not going to let someone run me out of my work lol. I think you might need to swallow your pride, as hard as it is.

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
Fuck it, a job is a job.... Had my old supervisor get fired then had some new dick head come I'n.... Thought about leaving but said fuck that, not going to let someone run me out of my work lol. I think you might need to swallow your pride, as hard as it is.

My thing is when ur disrespected by a manager at a job where they talk to u like ur disposable then why would you wana work and support a place that dosent treat there people like crap...but Idk I'm staying there till I find a new one but when I leave I'm going out with a bang lol...

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by louisiana96:
quote:

My thing is when ur disrespected by a manager at a job where they talk to u like ur disposable then why would you wana work and support a place that dosent treat there people like crap...but Idk I'm staying there till I find a new one but when I leave I'm going out with a bang lol...
Everyone is disposable/replaceable.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
quote:
quote:

Everyone is disposable/replaceable.
yea but Sears is the only company that will treat u like u are lol....

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

$icInsane
¯
Member # 10068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for $icInsane  Ford pictures for $icInsane    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go online and apply at safesecurity.com starting pay is 17 a hour. Pm me if you need me as a reference, company is located in san ramon.

--------------------
49ERZ TILL I DIE!!!!
1989 DROP TOP 306

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I'm sure your work has a employee hotline to call in for things like this..those are the people on your side..they'll handle the situation real fast so that it doesn't happen again and you feel comfortable working there.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

quote:
Originally posted by $icInsane:
Go online and apply at safesecurity.com starting pay is 17 a hour. Pm me if you need me as a reference, company is located in san ramon.

Thanks but that's a distance i would really like to stay some where in the 209.. but thanks for trying to help out

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
quote:

I'm sure your work has a employee hotline to call in for things like this..those are the people on your side..they'll handle the situation real fast so that it doesn't happen again and you feel comfortable working there.
Weve tried the hotline I haven't mentioned I'm not the only one they treat like this all that happens is the contact the store manager and they talk so next time I'm going to record it then they will have to if I'm still there....

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
law enforcement isnt EASY to get into generally (i know lots of SJPD officers) but i hear Oakland PD is pretty much always hiring.
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell that crackrock, it wont hurt your back and you can make tons of money, TAX FREE!?! [Big Grin]

^^Funny Ass OAKLAND PD JOKE^^

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I can say is suck it up and wait it out. I work for a large company that cares only about profit so I get told BS and screwed over a lot.

Here's my story: Got a promotion and thought I was finally out of doing manual labor. Only to find out I had to still do some labor compunded with paperwork. My First boss was a complete idiot, pathological liar and never kept his word, I hated him.

Second boss was a brotha', At first he was cool, heck even took me flying in an airplane. again another pathological liar and major BS'er.

Third boss is a Packers fan from Green Bay. Hated the guy before my promotion but he is the best boss I've had in all my years there. Doesn't bullshit me and I can take off work practically whenever I want.

Morale of it all, stick it out bro. The bad apples get purged out eventually. Some take longer than others but soon their time will come [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ January 18, 2012, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
All I can say is suck it up and wait it out. I work for a large company that cares only about profit so I get told BS and screwed over a lot.

Here's my story: Got a promotion and thought I was finally out of doing manual labor. Only to find out I had to still do some labor compunded with paperwork. My First boss was a complete idiot, pathological liar and never kept his word, I hated him.

Second boss was a brotha', At first he was cool, heck even took me flying in an airplane. again another pathological liar and major BS'er.

Third boss is a Packers fan from Green Bay. Hated the guy before my promotion but he is the best boss I've had in all my years there. Doesn't bullshit me and I can take off work practically whenever I want.

Morale of it all, stick it out bro. The bad apples get purged out eventually. Some take longer than others but soon their time will come [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

I am gana suck it up but im still looking I just feel that a company that is having issues staying open they should be trying to change the morale of the store associates but that's not the case

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife worked tools for ever there and she hated some of the managers too especialy that four eyed fuck face tim he said somthing to my wife and I offerd to rearrange his face for FREE!!!

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
TubeSteakJohnson
¯
Member # 8967

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for TubeSteakJohnson  Ford pictures for TubeSteakJohnson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^Did he take you up on your offer?
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

quote:
Originally posted by JZTRK:
My wife worked tools for ever there and she hated some of the managers too especialy that four eyed fuck face tim he said somthing to my wife and I offerd to rearrange his face for FREE!!!

Dude I told him in front of all the appliance associats that he was the worst most unprofessional manager I have ever met and couldn't see how he got the job and sence that day he never has told me anything...lol...at least she got out of there..

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NOPE he didnt that dude is the bigest pussy if yau want to scare him tell him that his MOM stoped by and is looking for him he will run and hide

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
1sicmaro
~ I <3 Moms ~
Member # 9734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicmaro  Ford pictures for 1sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well i hate my job my manager and the company I work for I work for Sears appliances I've been promoted twice now I have a new manager and I have never been disrespected by anyone till she came and no its not the money I make good....so now its time to.move on

Does any one know a good place around the 209 that's not wearhouse I have a bad back I'm thinking car sales any one can suggest any good companies to work for any good input is appreciated thanks

Myredbook.com is always hiring. I hear that theyyou pay great.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com