Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fighting a speeding ticket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fighting a speeding ticket
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
through the mail.. Anyone ever done it and won??

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just go yell up a storm in the courtroom it's fun.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard certain lawyers fight speeding tickets through the mail and win, try to google it, you might even get some tips if you dont want a lawyer

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all i gota say is good luck!
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beaten 3 out 4 tickets personally from trial by mail and help 2 coworkers beat theirs. What kind of ticket did you get? How fast, where, when, traffic like? Radar, Pacing?
Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trial by written declaration via ticket assassins
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Beaten 3 out 4 tickets personally from trial by mail and help 2 coworkers beat theirs. What kind of ticket did you get? How fast, where, when, traffic like? Radar, Pacing?

Pm sent

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:

twice! ticket assassin baby!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:

twice! ticket assassin baby!
+10000

[ January 07, 2012, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: SantaClara_Cobra ]

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just imply you was paying attention to your surroundings and other drivers. Mention the weather was clear and dry. You always maintain a safe driving distance from others. And you were not looking at the speedometer at the time since you was paying attention to the road and other drivers. You weren't driving like crazy. You stayed in one lane only. You constantly shift your attention to your side and rear view mirrors at all times. Traffic was minimal at the time. It was not rush hour, etc.
Also get a copy of your driving record to show no accidents as proof of your safe driving. (if that will help only you know)
But, always insist you was unaware of your speed limit.
Good luck!

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what happened?

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Just go yell up a storm in the courtroom it's fun.

And I still suggest this. It really is fun [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TBWD. Did it because I was "Paced" and when I received the ticket there wasn't even a squad car number.lol

But when I got my reply back after 2-3months, They denied it. SO this is where You challenge and pretty much call their bluff (because the law always tries to bully you into paying) and take it to court.

But keep in mind you will need to pay your fine up front when you file your Trial By Written Declaration.

In this letter, you must site all the facts. Include pictures and diagrams if you need to. Be formal ("Your Honor", "Honorary Judge of ***** County Courts")

I have a copy of my TBWD, If you like I can email it to you to take a look at the format.

Oh yeah, I won because the Sheriff had no case, No car to refer to when asked for the calibration reports lol.

And be prepared to wait, and wait and wait. I got my ticket in November 2011. And won my money back February 2012.lol. But that's money, even if it was a small amount I would still fight it because Im a cheap ass.lol

[ June 12, 2012, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: BLK35th ]

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com