Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » VERY HAPPY WITH NEW MACHINE SHOP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: VERY HAPPY WITH NEW MACHINE SHOP
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
herd of him of years but was stuck in my pattern of a built up relationship i thought i had with 2 local machine shops. rich at tem in napa is by far the the best ive ran into. very open , friendly,honest,humble,the actual machinist,and will not try to push u in any direction but correct for what you are trying to acheive. very gd reputation, and i haven't heard of any bad in over ten years that i heard of him bein around. 707 252 7907 is his number.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
rich at tem

[Confused]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah Rich at T.E.M. Machine shop is the business!! last time I was there he had a duo of LS7's in the shop and was also working on some Ferrari stuff. was the SBF with AFR's and the 8-71 blower still in there? what did you drop off to have done Duncan?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He did all the machine work for my motor , Rich is the man!.. he'll talk you ear off so get ready to get some serious knowledge dropped on you lol
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LX347hatch:
He did all the machine work for my motor , Rich is the man!.. he'll talk you ear off so get ready to get some serious knowledge dropped on you lol

How long ago did he do your motor? I remember seeing a 347 in his shop about 3-4 years ago, but of course I know yours isnt the only 347 hes done.
HYFLOHDS
¯
Member # 4198

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HYFLOHDS  Ford pictures for HYFLOHDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rich is the man, he has experience with wet flow, dont forget to get a one of his killer valve jobs.
Posts: 308 | From: san francisco | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:

How long ago did he do your motor? I remember seeing a 347 in his shop about 3-4 years ago, but of course I know yours isnt the only 347 hes done.
He did mine like a year and a half ago . I learned a lot a lot with him the few times I went to his shop, he took me in the back and showed me all his machines and described a lot of the process of engine building , and saw some killer motors he was working on. TEM machine shop FTW!

[ January 05, 2012, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: LX347hatch ]

Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:

He did mine like a year and a half ago . I learned a lot a lot with him the few times I went to his shop, he took me in the back and showed me all his machines and described a lot of the process of engine building , and saw some killer motors he was working on. TEM machine shop FTW!
Yeah he moved about 4 months ago and he's in an even BIGGER place about 4 block away from the old location.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by HYFLOHDS:
Rich is the man, he has experience with wet flow, dont forget to get a one of his killer valve jobs.

is this who you use to assemble heads for you after you have ported and/or flow'd heads?

your still doing port and flow testing right?

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rich has a very good reputation with the circle track crowd and the road racing guys. I race with a couple of guys that have motors built by him, they are all very happy.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T.E.M got it! [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chuck up in Fairfeild is the shit too

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com