Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Badass

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Badass
Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn thats awesome, on the phone with 911 while you kill an intruder. Too bad in California that would be jail time.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

BIG KEITH
¯
Member # 6523

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIG KEITH  Ford pictures for BIG KEITH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Carless:
Damn thats awesome, on the phone with 911 while you kill an intruder. Too bad in California that would be jail time.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html
[/QUOTE
I thought it was legal to defend your property,family in any state [Confused]

--------------------
95Gt blown & stroked
2013 Gt gotta have it green..married 12/4/12 lol
06 harley road glide
STALLIONS CC OG 2001

Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BIG KEITH:

[/QUOTE

I thought the law was, as long as the person is facing you and has a weapon you can kill em in self defense?

A couple years ago, one of my neighbors got manslaughter for shooting a burglar in the back while he was inside his property.

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

BIG KEITH
¯
Member # 6523

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIG KEITH  Ford pictures for BIG KEITH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Carless:
quote:

[/QUOTE

I thought the law was, as long as the person is facing you and has a weapon you can kill em in self defense?

A couple years ago, one of my neighbors got manslaughter for shooting a burglar in the back while he was inside his property.

He got charged..but did he do time?

--------------------
95Gt blown & stroked
06 harley road glide
STALLIONS CC OG 2001

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe if the buglar is in your home or garage you can shoot them, just make sure you tell them you felt your life or your families lives were in danger. Make sure a couple rounds hit them in the front so your case is stronger.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The law on justifiable homicide. CA PC 197

quote:
Homicide is also justifiable when committed by any person in
any of the following cases:
1. When resisting any attempt to murder any person, or to commit a
felony, or to do some great bodily injury upon any person; or,
2. When committed in defense of habitation, property, or person,
against one who manifestly intends or endeavors, by violence or
surprise, to commit a felony, or against one who manifestly intends
and endeavors, in a violent, riotous or tumultuous manner, to enter
the habitation of another for the purpose of offering violence to any
person therein; or,
3. When committed in the lawful defense of such person, or of a
wife or husband, parent, child, master, mistress, or servant of such
person, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design to
commit a felony or to do some great bodily injury, and imminent
danger of such design being accomplished; but such person, or the
person in whose behalf the defense was made, if he was the assailant
or engaged in mutual combat, must really and in good faith have
endeavored to decline any further struggle before the homicide was
committed; or,
4. When necessarily committed in attempting, by lawful ways and
means, to apprehend any person for any felony committed, or in
lawfully suppressing any riot, or in lawfully keeping and preserving
the peace.

PC 198
quote:
A bare fear of the commission of any of the offenses mentioned
in subdivisions 2 and 3 of Section 197, to prevent which homicide
may be lawfully committed, is not sufficient to justify it. But the
circumstances must be sufficient to excite the fears of a reasonable
person, and the party killing must have acted under the influence of
such fears alone.

PC 198.5
quote:
Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or
great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to
have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great
bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that
force is used against another person, not a member of the family or
household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and
forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or
had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.
As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant
or substantial physical injury.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
BIG KEITH
¯
Member # 6523

To the op, your neighbor should of got a good lawyer [Wink]

--------------------
95Gt blown & stroked
06 harley road glide
STALLIONS CC OG 2001

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE

In the back?....theres your problem. He/She is no longer a threat to life if his back is torwards you. Who to say that he was leaving the residence cause he realized he broke into the wrong house, thinking it was his own because hes drunk? An intruder standing in the hallway inside your residence is totally diffent from a person rushing towards you with a knife. He cant take your life if hes 30ft from you in the hallway, so dont take his. Many people get so gun ho protective and think they can blast at any point, just like the female in the video. He was in my house, so game over. You do this in CA, your game is over.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Carless
¯
Member # 9119

quote:
To the op, your neighbor should of got a good lawyer [Wink]

Lol well he got a couple months nd a couple years of probation. I don't know the whole story, but all I know is that they were both gang affiliated.
BIG KEITH
¯
Member # 6523

quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE

In the back?....theres your problem. He/She is no longer a threat to life if his back is torwards you. Who to say that he was leaving the residence cause he realized he broke into the wrong house, thinking it was his own because hes drunk? An intruder standing in the hallway inside your residence is totally diffent from a person rushing towards you with a knife. He cant take your life if hes 30ft from you in the hallway, so dont take his. Many people get so gun ho protective and think they can blast at any point, just like the female in the video. He was in my house, so game over. You do this in CA, your game is over.
True, but to your average citizen, who knows the intruder is their residence with the intent to do something malicious,especially when their family is home..front,back ,side. Lite um up! Ask questions later. That's what good lawerys are for. Nobody knows what they would do in the heat of the moment, if they are not trained

--------------------
95Gt blown & stroked
06 harley road glide
STALLIONS CC OG 2001

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not gonna wait around after someone forcibly enters my house to see if they intend on me or my family's bodily harm... If anyone is stupid enough to force their way into my home then they will be leaving in a body bag!

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
she was totally justified in giving that dude abs of steel...
 -

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just remember ..... dead men tell no lies !!
Any person who enters a residence should expect to be shot DEAD in the event the owners happen to be there.
Don't do the crime without expecting some consequences, in this case it was his life.
Only thing certain is he won't be doing it again !!!
Who would convict that girl in a court ???
Surely not me sitting on the jury !

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very informative thread.
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:
I'm not gonna wait around after someone forcibly enters my house to see if they intend on me or my family's bodily harm... If anyone is stupid enough to force their way into my home then they will be leaving in a body bag!

+1000000 [worship] [worship] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
God Bless OK!

And yeah don't be shooting a guy in the back or over your precious 1989 Gt roller in the driveway CA frowns on that!

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com