Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Tough Call

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tough Call
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's time to do a little more shopping but not sure what to get next.

I was planning on getting the Team Z k-member and a-arms. Then getting a manual rack and steering shaft so I can delete my hydroboost setup but I found a killer deal on a brand new nx nitrous kit.

This: http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=906
with this: http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1357
all for $500

So Im at a crossroads here.

[ December 30, 2011, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Boss 327 ]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's this stuff going on

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
What's this stuff going on

97 cobra

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know how much you'd like driving that around with a manual rack. Especially if you have 17's or 18's I know what mine feels like and I have skinnys

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

quote:
I don't know how much you'd like driving that around with a manual rack. Especially if you have 17's or 18's I know what mine feels like and I have skinnys

Im on 15in skinnys. This is actually my first mustang with power steering so I know it wont bother me too much without it plus I dont DD it.

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

If that's the case fuck it do the suspension. A used nitrous kit is more common then the suspension shit you want

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

SmallBlock Speeder
Banned (again)

I play the
skin flute

Member # 11220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallBlock Speeder  Ford pictures for SmallBlock Speeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If that's the case fuck it do the suspension. A used nitrous kit is more common then the suspension shit you want

+1

--------------------
Another hate'n troll bites the dust.

Alex aka SmallBlock Speeder aka 351SVO aka tTOP302 aka SHO@lex aka SHOalex. Long time CAFords troll and hater trying to start drama as usual. A picture of this over achiever. Now go and cry to your homeboys about how you were banned because of discrimination and racism, forgetting to mention your five trolling accounts on here :rolleyes:

A big plastic monkey pointing a finger at your little shriveled pecker? Seriously?

Wow. Just wow. And we thought the monkey pic was bad!

Does your boyfriend know you're cheating on him with the shirtless guy above?

Using a blue toy guitar to attack the guy stealing your boy toy?

Anyone offended by the anti-ghetto sign please never visit CAFords.com again. You won't be missed!

Anyone else with a fake account care to speak up?

Didn't think so.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+2

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Slowmo
¯
Member # 9712

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slowmo  Ford pictures for Slowmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+3 I did all suspension to my mach1 and only power mod is off road x pipe. And a built rear end. And a rim and tire package and from a stop my shit is pretty good against crammed up catfishes and others. This is the first time I've went this route and I'm happy. Check out my k member post from TPS I love it. And I'm on skinnies too it made a hella of a difference.

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST

04 MACH1 thats down from a stop
Honda Technician

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

I know suspension is better than adding power and losing 100lbs off the nose is big. Its just something that's brand new and is 50% off is a good ass deal. Thats what makes it tough.

--------------------

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

I ended up going with this:

-
 -
 -

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Nice

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Team z makes bomb ass products but do you have to run coilovers to run a tubular front set up or no?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Team z makes bomb ass products but do you have to run coilovers to run a tubular front set up or no?

Yes since the a-arms dont have spring pockets. I already have the team z coil overs on my car.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't have any experience with TeamZ, but those motor mounts look like they can use some reinforcement (Hell I even reinforced my Griggs K and A-arms a few years back)

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com