Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » RANT - GT40 Intake (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: RANT - GT40 Intake
COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A GT40 intake is not and Explorer Intake and vice versa. They share similar lowers depending on the year explorer it came off of. but you cant call an explorer intake a GT40 or Cobra. Im sorry but you just cant.

thanx for listening

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SmallBlock Speeder
Banned (again)

I play the
skin flute

Member # 11220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallBlock Speeder  Ford pictures for SmallBlock Speeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well thanks for the info...

--------------------
Another hate'n troll bites the dust.

Alex aka SmallBlock Speeder aka 351SVO aka tTOP302 aka SHO@lex aka SHOalex. Long time CAFords troll and hater trying to start drama as usual. A picture of this over achiever. Now go and cry to your homeboys about how you were banned because of discrimination and racism, forgetting to mention your five trolling accounts on here :rolleyes:

A big plastic monkey pointing a finger at your little shriveled pecker? Seriously?

Wow. Just wow. And we thought the monkey pic was bad!

Does your boyfriend know you're cheating on him with the shirtless guy above?

Using a blue toy guitar to attack the guy stealing your boy toy?

Anyone offended by the anti-ghetto sign please never visit CAFords.com again. You won't be missed!

Anyone else with a fake account care to speak up?

Didn't think so.

nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they all flow the same
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're all pink on the inside.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea , alot of people seem to be confused that the Ford Explorer intakes are that of a genuine GT-40 tubular intake . I can't tell you how many CL ads I see that say "GT-40 upper/lower" when it's a plain Jane explorer intake . Kinda frusterating.
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nasty93:
they all flow the same

Incorrect. They do not flow exactly the same, the tubular and or the actual GT40 intake has way better flow than the Cobra or Explorer.
They are close, but not the same.

[ December 27, 2011, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: CagedBlueGT ]

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/5-0l-tech/14240d1140139921-cobra-vs-gt-40-intake-afm-dyno-cobra-explorer-gt40.jpg

very old comparison.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe was hunting for a tubular and got excited over ever gt 40 explorer add and got pissed
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/5-0l-tech/14240d1140139921-cobra-vs-gt-40-intake-afm-dyno-cobra-explorer-gt40.jpg

very old comparison.

Good comparison. I had the same chart in my procharger packing . And according to the graph , the cobra intake and explorer intake do flow slightly better than the GT-40 tubular ... Interesting .... But I still favor the GT-40 tubular [patriot]
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went 12's with gt40ps, and exploder intake that cost me 60 bucks? Is that bad?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i freaking love the explorer intake. flows great with room to grow, if u wanted to port, unlike the tubular, takes the stock plate so to keep the smog nazis at bay.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by COPFITY:
A GT40 intake is not and Explorer Intake and vice versa. They share similar lowers depending on the year explorer it came off of. but you cant call an explorer intake a GT40 or Cobra. Im sorry but you just cant.

thanx for listening

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=096852
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothing against running a Exploder intake, but I feel the OP on this one. Those ads claiming a "GT 40 Explorer" intake have gotten old. It' s like advertising for a virgin hooker. Come on, it's either one or the other. And BTW, a tubular GT 40 owns the Exploder intake on visuals alone.
COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:

thanx for listening

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=096852
lol yea pretty much. as far flow numbers I've read different. te explorer flows a tad bit less. here's a write up with a graph at the bottom.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/614.shtml

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

lol @ virgin hooker

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
lol @ virgin hooker

haha [worship]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

The whole point of choosing the tubular upper intake over the other two is heat dissipation and weight. The visual appeal is nice too.

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lighter and less heat was enough for me..I hate those fugly exploder intakes..I like the cobra tho

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do have to agree that they aren't the best looking intakes. They look decent powder coated though!

-

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
I do have to agree that they aren't the best looking intakes. They look decent powder coated though!

-

That my friend is not powder coated , it is however polished [patriot]
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

thats powder coated sir lol. they have that color now. i had some pulleys done recently. its called sumthing chrome.
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Lol, well being I own that, I would have to confirm powder coat. Just called chrome, go figure.

I went a little powder coat chrome happy..
 -

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Lol, well being I own that, I would have to confirm powder coat. Just called chrome, go figure.

I went a little powder coat chrome happy..
 -

Oh , well excuse mua . Lol . I wasn't aware that powder coating could have such a fine finish.

That's really nice though.

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to piss everyone off I'm Going to say I think the tubular gt40 is butt fucking ugly! It ranks with the ssi on looks in my opinion!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
Just to piss everyone off I'm Going to say I think the tubular gt40 is butt fucking ugly! It ranks with the ssi on looks in my opinion!

And just to piss you off , here ya go [patriot]

-

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com