Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » mega lotto!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: mega lotto!!!
stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its not at 172 million!
Last night it was at 152 million
And I was only 2 numbers away!!!!
[Mad]
[Frown]

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't 2 number off a good amount of money?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Isn't 2 number off a good amount of money?

X2

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100 bucks or so

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah 4 numbers last night equals $173 bucks so that's some steak and drink money! Or a part for the mustang!

And damn $173 mil for Friday that's crazy!

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I were to win the lottery man oh man would I be a happy camper for the rest of my life! Mo money, NO problems!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The odds of winning the mega millions is like getting hit by lighting twice in a row! The mega millions is split with 9 different states where as the regular lotto is just California, even though those odds are astronomical as well...

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:
The odds of winning the mega millions is like getting hit by lighting twice in a row! The mega millions is split with 9 different states where as the regular lotto is just California, even though those odds are astronomical as well...

Well actually... although the absolute odds are bad, i.e., 1 in (insert big number here), there "profitable" situations.

According to Wiki: chances of winning Mega Millions is: 1 in 175,711,536. So, everytime the jackpot reached at least $175,711,537, wagering $1 would actually be profitable in the LONG RUN. That's because if you play the lottery 175,711,536 times, you will make a profit of "at least" $1.

The higher the jackpot, the more profit.

Obviously it seems ridiculous but it's mathematically "correct".

So, you should play anytime the jackpot is higher than the odds of winning. Just food for thought.

Edit: profit is "at least" $1 because of the times that you also win a prize < jackpot.

[ December 21, 2011, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Tha91SiCkNeSs ]

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to run a convenience store, and The majority of the winning tickets were Fantasy 5. Yea the jackpot will never hit $x,xxx,xxx. But in all reality, if you play to win big....you get blinded by greed and end up loosing. SO the majority of winners that came in won $x,xxx....I think thats still a big come up seeing as you would only spend $1-$5 on a ticket with either 1-5 lines.

So, Stop playing these big jackpot games and wasting your money, play Smaller jackpot games with better odds.

But then again....winning $x,xxx,xxx seems one hell of a feeling.lol.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:

Mega Millions is in 42 different states. The number of states that participate does not change the odds of winning. The odds are determined by the available numbers.

The odds for winning the Mega Millions is 1 : 175,711,536

The odds of being struck by lightning is a really weird one to predict as many variables will increase or decrease the odds of being struck by lightning. Someone wearing knights armor on top of a roof during the middle of a storm has a much higher chance of being struck by lightning than someone inside knitting. But according to the statistics on the amount of people that were injured or killed by lightning strikes divided by the census of the United States, the odds of being struck by lightning is 1 : 10,000. Lightning doesn't care if you've been struck by lightning before so it's 1 : 100,000,000.

So based of those numbers you are more likely to be struck twice in your lifetime than win this lottery.

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lmaoooooooo ^^^^^^^^^

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You spent 1 dollar and won 173 dollars. I'd be happy.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am the mega million
stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Damn no body won again!!!
Its goin up!

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Imma win N when I do its game over!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangrus95:
Damn no body won again!!!
Its goin up!

You big fat liar!!!!! Somebody won

http://www.megamillions.com/numbers/

--------------------
To be or not to be

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Wtf I checked last night and it didn't show that the jackpot was won. [Frown]

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Winning the lotto to me is like getting beat up by your childhood bully at 65 years old [Big Grin]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangrus95:
Wtf I checked last night and it didn't show that the jackpot was won. [Frown]

Yeah some Ahole in NY won oh well for a buck I'll still play again I spend way more then a buck on dumb crap everyday.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
94COBRA916
¯
Member # 10370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94COBRA916  Ford pictures for 94COBRA916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NEIGHT:
If I were to win the lottery man oh man would I be a happy camper for the rest of my life! Mo money, NO problems! [/QUOT wrong! more money more problems

--------------------
Sactown Muscle Founder & Club President

1990 hatchback(sold)
1988 coupe (sold)
1994 cobra

Posts: 817 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

More money= NO problems

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
More money= NO problems

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO Cafords statistics FTL [Razz]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got 2 numbers lol 3bux guess what, i rolled it again! millions baby im buy a 99' 351w saleen

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com