Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » rollbars

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rollbars
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Know of anyone that makes a rollbar like this one? This is a camaro one. I want one tucked up and out of the way for my 65. I like how the support tubes go threw the cargo shelf area. Google search is failing. I would imagine pretty pricey to have something like this made.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/choppin53/DSC01077.jpg

[ December 20, 2011, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

Nastyc6
¯
Member # 11355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastyc6  Ford pictures for Nastyc6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.maierracing.com/

Talk to mike he is the man

--------------------
Bay Area Stock C6
built and tuned by Newtech Performance
DD 2011 cts-v

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, i totally forgot about them. I took my car out for the "maiden" voyage the other day. At half throttle the 393 pulls just like the 289 did at full boost. Not trying to kill myself in this thing, better safe than sorry!!
Nastyc6
¯
Member # 11355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastyc6  Ford pictures for Nastyc6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO they are the best they have helped me out alot

--------------------
Bay Area Stock C6
built and tuned by Newtech Performance
DD 2011 cts-v

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

I think mustangsplus sells their rollbar for my car. The down tubes go thru the interior 1/4 panel trim to the wheel well housing. I really didnt like that since its looks to be in the way or the window cranks appears to be in the way if somebody sits back there. going threw the cargo shelf and welding to the floor makes the rear seat more usable. maybe its not possible with the angles involved. i need to find the requirements for rollbars. i thought the downtubes had to be strait but I see a lot of rollbars with bent downtubes. [Confused]
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maier cage is the only way to go!

-
 -
 -

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

That cage is some real nice work!! I dont want a cage though, this is a "street car". weekend warrior, go cruising with the family on sunday and go tear it up at the track every once in a while. just want a little extra safety. Roll bar and add a removable cross brace behind the seat so I can run shoulder harnesses when i race.

[ December 20, 2011, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tobais motorsports can make what you are looking for hit lee up rascix an can he can get in touch with john
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plus one for Maier Racing. I love the 'street' cage he did for me.
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
Plus one for Maier Racing. I love the 'street' cage he did for me.

+2 Maier racing FTMW.... [worship] [worship]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what you are describing you want, look into just an Autopower roll bar. Simple to install, bolt in or weld in options. You can get it with fixed or removable harness brace. Livermore Performance or Maximum Motorsports sell them.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man bro hit iron50. he's about to open up shop

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
That cage is some real nice work!! I dont want a cage though, this is a "street car". weekend warrior, go cruising with the family on sunday and go tear it up at the track every once in a while. just want a little extra safety. Roll bar and add a removable cross brace behind the seat so I can run shoulder harnesses when i race.

the rear bars can be bent, what ever cage you go with none will be "legal" with a removable harness bar, not for drag racing anyway. We are little more understanding of the street car guy that wants to come play, as long as the car goes straight and you dont try and over drive it then we will let you run, with in reason
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:

the rear bars can be bent, what ever cage you go with none will be "legal" with a removable harness bar, not for drag racing anyway. We are little more understanding of the street car guy that wants to come play, as long as the car goes straight and you dont try and over drive it then we will let you run, with in reason
Thanks for the info! Ya, im not trying to turn the car into a full race car. Especially not with a classic. Just want to have some fun with it on a grudge fest or wednesday night. My last time out there was with the old engine and i pulled a 12.7 @113. I have no clue what it will run now, but i can definitely feel a jump in power. Right now the car just has lap belts on it so i was thinking time for some more safety to be added. Maybe ill just look into getting a shoulder belt setup for the car.
65 Fastback Road Race
¯
Member # 11675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65 Fastback Road Race  Ford pictures for 65 Fastback Road Race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F.O.D fabrication on demand or Jonathan or Iron 50.
You all probably know my car it was in his shop for 2 month the primered and blue 65 fastback that he posted pics of every where like he did a bunch of work to it but didn’t do a thing. I got his number from this forum. Called, made an appointment to come see his work, got there, and no one was there. Left 8x10 pics of the exact cage I wanted in the exact car as mine. He called me back we talked. He quoted me $800 T&M for a 6 point cage. I must of asked 5 times if he was sure about that price. I figured well he's not bonded, insured, or safety certified and it was going to be a cash job, no receipt so no liability! And going to be one of his first cages, And if you stop and think about it, its 12 welds and 4 bends. If I had a bender and a tigger Id do it myself! He says he’s opening a shop as soon as its open he'll give me a call. I get the call. I insure my car for the maximum in case it burns to the ground or get stolen in good old Hayward and trailer it down. WE TALK ABOUT THE ROAD RACING NASA and SCCA SPECS HE DOSENT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE! I HAVE TO GO HOME AND FORWARD HIM THE LINKS TO THE RULES! I figure you get what you pay for! I tell him I know his estimate is low so there’s no rush use my car for fill work when he’s slow. 2- Months go by and I happen to be in the area and stop by. While I’m there, He’s installing a BOLT IN CAGE and Sub frame connectors in a 96 white Saleen and some sub frames and torque boxes in a fox notch back. My car is untouched. He says to me that he’s going to order the material so he makes a phone call and gets a price which seems high to me so I call VB in Petaluma and get the same material for $3 less a foot. I tell him Ill order the material and deliver it when does he want it? Jonathan says he needs to talk to his engineer and get me a quote. I say you already gave me a quote of $800 bucks or my car would not be here! Ohh OK. I tell him when he starts to work on it to give me a call and Ill come down and help so we make to sure to get it right! I get a call an hour later from him telling me that he talked to his engineer and it’s going to cost $1600 with out material. I asked him why would I bring my car to him with no experience, not bonded, insured, and safety uncertified and didn’t even know what the rules were and pay the same price as Griggs racing which do it cages all the time and are safety certified! I went down the next day and picked up my car!
Before anyone else wastes $200 bucks in gas trailer their car there read this! His work is unproven there are no cars racing on a track with a cage that he has built from scratch, if there were we would see pictures of that instead of building overhangs or butt plate welds! He is not safety certified for any sanction of racing. If you have an ok car that needs some cheap work done like a Bolt in Cage, sub frame or torque boxes installed and you don’t know how to do it yourself, he’s probably your guy! If you have a nice car that’s actually worth something and you’re going to be doing some REAL RACING your going to need to bring it to a professional shop. When I went down there and looked at his tools, I should have known! I didnt even see a welder! I’m just glad I don’t have to go into a turn and wonder if I flip if I’m going DIE! Hope this helps sorry so long

[ March 20, 2012, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: 65 Fastback Road Race ]

65 Fastback Road Race
¯
Member # 11675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65 Fastback Road Race  Ford pictures for 65 Fastback Road Race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That Maier Cage is serouis!
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ [Eek!] [Eek!] [dance] [dance]
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LX347hatch:
^^^ [Eek!] [Eek!] [dance] [dance]

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [dance] [Eek!]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com