Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Which Wheels to get?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Wheels to get?
1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972_Torino  Ford pictures for 1972_Torino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

trying to put some wheels in whats the difference between the caroll shelby torq thrust M's and the american racing torque thrust? which ones would be better? thinking of 20 x 10 in the rear and 20X8.5 in the front.

Posts: 125 | From: San Fran and eastbay | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think some glossy black 18x9 and 18x10 saleens would look really good or chrome

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
use the Newstalgia wheel visualizer. It kinda works.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972_Torino  Ford pictures for 1972_Torino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what do you guys think of these.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=20X10BLKULTRALIGHT

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those Godspeeds look too modern IMO. I think real american racing 20" torque thrusts with a matte black center & polished lip would look perfect on that car.

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/wheel_visualizer.asp

I put some 20" rocket racing "BOOSTER" wheels on it with a black center and lowered the car 2". it looked pretty good. check out the site. the wheels havent been updated in about 6 months but you can get the jist. torque thrust M's arent a bad way to go for the price.

sure other other modern ford wheels may look good but who wants to run spacers? and I mean "SPACERS" they are pretty thick and will cost you about $150-$200 to get some Fr500's on your car lets say, and lets not even talk about Re-Hooping your wheels at atleast $200 a wheel to avoid spacers.

check out this guy if your on a budget:

http://www.jdwheels.com/

the riddler 695 in matte blk center with polished lip look pretty good.and if his BS will work your into a 20x8.5 for only $195. he also offers other brands, coys,rocket racing ,etc.

[ November 30, 2011, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:

I put some 20" rocket racing "BOOSTER" wheels on it with a black center and lowered the car 2". it looked pretty good. check out the site. the wheels havent been updated in about 6 months but you can get the jist. torque thrust M's arent a bad way to go for the price.

sure other other modern ford wheels may look good but who wants to run spacers? and I mean "SPACERS" they are pretty thick and will cost you about $150-$200 to get some Fr500's on your car lets say, and lets not even talk about Re-Hooping your wheels at atleast $200 a wheel to avoid spacers.

check out this guy if your on a budget:

http://www.jdwheels.com/

the riddler 695 in matte blk center with polished lip look pretty good.and if his BS will work your into 20x8.5 for only $195. he also offers other brands, coys,rocket racing ,etc.

Coys wheels look nice for some budget wheels...

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

The Coys are pretty good. A few friends have had them and they seem to hold up pretty good. Also on that jd link i posted, look at the boss wheels at the bottom of the page in charcoal with polish lip. probably pretty safe to say that any dark center with polish lip should look good, and if you go matte finsh with polish lip you'll get more contrast.

There is also a guy from Tracy on the Lateral-G with a 69 "FORMAL" top Torino on Rushforths and its pretty sick but keep in mind that car is mini tubbed,custom width rear. That and I think Rushforths start at $2k for 17's.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=28042

[ November 30, 2011, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
The Coys are pretty good. A few friends have had them and they seem to hold up pretty good. Also on that jd link i posted, look at the boss wheels at the bottom of the page in charcoal with polish lip. probably pretty safe to say that any dark center with polish lip should look good, and if you go matte finsh with polish lip you'll get more contrast.

There is also a guy from Tracy on the Lateral-G with a 69 "FORMAL" top Torino on Rushforths and its pretty sick but keep in mind that car is mini tubbed,custom width rear. That and I think Rushforths start at $2k for 17's.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=28042

WOW??? That car is badass!!! I've never seen a formal roof, they look MUCH better than the fastback IMO...
[worship] [worship]

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

yeah that car is pretty sick. TKO,SBF 420, DSE quadlink adapted to a ford setup. his car is real nice. should be out at the next good guys show he was sayn.
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Formal roof for the win! Never was a fan of Torino's till I just seen that style!! Wow what a difference!!

For the OP, ya keep it torque thrust style with black centers!! You will be golden!!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

I was thinking the same thing Casey. I liked Torino's, but the fastback kinda turned me off a bit. But that particular 69 Formal Roof is SICK!!! Doesn't it kinda seem like this was Ford's version of the Monte Carlo? Although the Monte Carlo wasn't around until 1970.

--------------------

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO go with something old school torq thrust american racing etc. putting Saleens or something modern doesn't look right.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im sorry im in love with this design..lol.. not as pricy as torque thrust either

boss 338

-

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take a good pic of the side of the car and photochop some wheels on it.. best way to give u a idea..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
take a good pic of the side of the car and photochop some wheels on it.. best way to give u a idea..

dont even have to do that:

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
quote:

that kinda gives you a cartoon idea of ur car..

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
quote:
quote:

that kinda gives you a cartoon idea of ur car..
Yeah but it gives you more quanity. using that visualizer allows you to try multiple wheels before going through and doing the photo shop. photoshop doesnt take that long BUT id like to narrow it down before doing a bunch of photoshops.
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is just my opinion but I think with such a beautiful car like that 20s are too gawdy. 17x10/17x9s would set her off with those boss 338s and keep a very muscle stance. Either way she is a gorgeous machine bud
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

sorry for the late reply i was busy out all week. but ok yea i like the boss 338's but i rather go with the torque thrust M's i want them wide in the back. i originally wanted torque thrust but what do you guys think should i just go with the torque thrust or what about the boss?which one would look better on my car. their almost the same look but for some reason torque thrust look better.
1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

randy coy's flat back torque thrust style or american racing torque thrust?
Sesar5.0
¯
Member # 8553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesar5.0  Ford pictures for Sesar5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
1990 lx 5.0
PS4 ID Sesar5_0

Posts: 864 | From: Cotija Michoacan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
wcs1993
¯
Member # 11111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wcs1993  Ford pictures for wcs1993    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out

Rush Forth Wheels

--------------------
93 EX CHP - Terminator swap, full MM
66 Convert 4spd, A code
03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
15 Ecoboost Fusion
98 SVT Contour
07 Expedition Limited

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com