Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Eaton swap or p1sc

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Eaton swap or p1sc
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im torn between the 2 right now. They Are about equally price but the procharger is a little more expensive. But the eaton would look and be more factory looking.This is on a 01 cobra.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
procharge, you'll be able to get more hp/tq then with an eaton (you'll max out quicker with an eaton)

edit: what are your goals for the car? as in hp/tq drag racing or track a/x [patriot]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Solid street car thats hits the drag strip a few times a year. That makes some good number like mid 400s
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
procharge, you'll be able to get more hp/tq then with an eaton (you'll max out quicker with an eaton)

edit: what are your goals for the car? as in hp/tq drag racing or track a/x [patriot]

Not to mention the eaton will produce more heat.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My personal preference is this: I like centrifugal blowers like the procharger for a powerful street car that is more than capable at the track. On the street the boost doesn't come on nearly as hard and quickly when you are just trying to keep calm and drive normal, then you stab the throttle and there is gobs of power there. As for a roots/twin screw/TVS style blower the power is instant and comes on hard and quick, tapers off a little sooner but it is very fun but seem less streetable at higher power levels by comparison. Not saying they aren't streetable so don't misconstrue that. Then there is the heat soak. If it were a drag specific build I would probably go whipple. For a street/strip terror I would go Procharger. Don't think the eaton won't make power though because a ported and pullied eaton along with good supporting mods and a tune will make gobs of power

[ November 16, 2011, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: 2BlueGeeTees ]

Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra_302_stang  Ford pictures for cobra_302_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It all depends on what your going to do with the car. Don't worry about peak numbers it's about were the power is at and how you can put it on the ground. You'll have more power under the curve with the eaton, but more peak power with the procharger. I'd want more power under the curve which is why I vote eaton swap, and just because that's what i did.

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

Posts: 416 | From: Redwood city | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com