Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Rappers, artist, chime in..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rappers, artist, chime in..
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might only be Jaehow but anyone know what is the cheapest way to go in terms of starting a studio. I know alot of people use mac, with pro tools and etc. But aside from the programs, what equipment is needed to run a functional recording studio.

Just looking to produce decent quality mixtapes, just as a hobby.

Anyone recoomend specific mics? USB plug in or standard mic cable plug? All info is appreciated.

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What exactly do you want to do? Just record or do you want to produce/sample and whatnot as well?

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's my setup, since this pic I bought an iMac that I use instead of the MacBook. I run Reason, Logic, and Garage Band.

-

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
What exactly do you want to do? Just record or do you want to produce/sample and whatnot as well?

I want to record using beats, to just make mixtapes, and basically just to keep practicing.

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
quote:

I want to record using beats, to just make mixtapes, and basically just to keep practicing.
All you need is a computer (Macs are definitely the way to go) an M-box, a microphone (condenser preferred) and a recording program. And all of the wiring of course. You can use regular speakers but monitor speakers are the best for hearing everything with clarity. You best bet is to shoot out to guitar center and look into what's in your price range. Google "home recording studio setup" as well..

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
quote:

All you need is a computer (Macs are definitely the way to go) an M-box, a microphone (condenser preferred) and a recording program. And all of the wiring of course. You can use regular speakers but monitor speakers are the best for hearing everything with clarity. You best bet is to shoot out to guitar center and look into what's in your price range. Google "home recording studio setup" as well..
How are your bx8a's doing? I have a set too and I've read bad reviews on them but so far these monitors have been great..
Badhabittz98
¯
Member # 9388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badhabittz98  Ford pictures for Badhabittz98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im old school and stay diggin through the crates... heres my little set up

-

--------------------
1998 Cobra R.I.P
Darkside..........

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

quote:
Originally posted by Badhabittz98:

-

OMG IS THAT MY EARLY XMAS GIFT?!?!?!........and then woke up.... [Frown]

Nice setup bro, looks complicated [patriot]

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:

-

Ducktales

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice 2000xl SE [Cool]
I'm a little bit of a digger myself. Keep them fingers dusty my friend.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Badhabittz98
¯
Member # 9388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badhabittz98  Ford pictures for Badhabittz98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]Ducktales [/QB][/QUOTE]

im confused..? you like ducktales the cartoon?

--------------------
1998 Cobra R.I.P
Darkside..........

Badhabittz98
¯
Member # 9388

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Nice 2000xl SE [Cool]

thanks thats the one im rockin, it was the one actually on the display in guitar center so i got it abit cheaper lol, the ASR is my cousins

--------------------
1998 Cobra R.I.P
Darkside..........

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Badhabbitz, that setup is insane.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet set ups.i use to have a roland mv-8000,mpc 1000,emu mp7,event pecision 8 monitors,alesis micron synth,and few other boards.now im software with reason,beat thang,axiom pro,NI maschine,and komplete 7 from NI.but theres so many diff set ups man just depends on what you want to spend.
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Nice 2000xl SE [Cool]

thanks thats the one im rockin, it was the one actually on the display in guitar center so i got it abit cheaper lol, the ASR is my cousins
It wasn't guitar center in concord was it? Back in 2000-2001?

I'm gonna treat myself to an SP-1200/ s-950 combo one of these days.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Badhabittz98
¯
Member # 9388

quote:
quote:
quote:
Nice 2000xl SE [Cool]

It wasn't guitar center in concord was it? Back in 2000-2001?

I'm gonna treat myself to an SP-1200/ s-950 combo one of these days.

yup the one in concord

--------------------
1998 Cobra R.I.P
Darkside..........