Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » occupy movement

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: occupy movement
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can someone explain to me how people camping in front of office buildings is going to change the way banks/wall street do business?
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look man, were raising awareness bro!!! so if your not going to support us then just leave us alone okay.

--------------------
To be or not to be

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those people are fuckin retarted look at them they all look like a bunch of fuckin losers

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
Look man, were raising awareness bro!!! so if your not going to support us then just leave us alone okay.

Awarness lol ok have fun camping out.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=N_XtXhiekQk

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Why are people so amazed and surprised that banks are out to make money? Banks are not your friends they don't care about you,all they want is your money. They don't steal no ones money people give it to them. People always bitch about overdraft fees, don't waste money you don't have and you won't pay overdraft fees. High apr credit cards don't use or apply for them. No one forces you to have a credit card. Fucked up mortgage loans? No one made you sign,you should have read your agreement. People will always find someone to blame when they make a mistake.
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
Those people are fuckin retarted look at them they all look like a bunch of fuckin losers

made me literally lol

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They must be the people that can't find jobs, so they are raising awareness that they don't have jobs and want them, maybe

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One valid point they are trying to raise awareness about is that fact that many major banks were in a situation where they were in fact going to fail, our govt forced many to take bailouts and our banking system is in many aspects govt owned. BofA the biggest once it absorbed Merill answers directly to giethner (sp?) the treasury secretary. After these bailout CEO s and execs still reciveve millions in salary which is primarily tax payers money. The occupy is also raising awareness about how the money in America is primarily in the hands of a few, and money is power. It would be fair to posture America is evolving into an Aristocracy. This is a quick example of money is power we have sugar farmers in Florida who are multibillionaire they put 100's of 1,000 dollars into congressmans campaigns and in turn get a bill that for any sugar not purchased by the public the govt will buy the product at 4x market value, and the bill is so specific it only pertains to only the everglade region that is controlled by one company. The movement is definitely wayward in educating all their members, but mainstream media refusing to portray it in an unbias light, but mainstream media is controlled by the one percent who control the money. I recommend everyone to get their news from PBS newhour, BBC, our for fun the daily show. Anybody that takes FOX or most networks verbatim is a fucking joke.

[ October 23, 2011, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: sinisterblk ]

Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Called them what you want at least they are doing some thing adout how they feel .not just complain about everything and do nothing like most do
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are the Left wing version of the tea party movement.
But this group is full of a bunch of smelly hippys/Marxist who want everything given to them( a place to live, health care, drugs,
cell phones....) Oh and have it all paid for by " Rich People" [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ I agree with this for the most part too many of them are whiners that have trouble comprehending they just need to fend for themselves. If people that had no jobs and nothing better to do weren't making the effort no one would. I don't completely support them, but I don't have the time to campout for change, I have a jobs and bills to pay, so it becomes a catch-22. The only people who end up representing the movement our the free loaders although many others may support it in some capacity, they just don't have the time.
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rich or wealthy big difference. I pay a shit load. In taxes. Don't get shit back and lucky if I don't. Have to pay more at the end of the year. So I think the wealthy should Help out also. You can't cut your way out of it. I don't want my kid going to a piss poor school
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This quote best explains the banker's mentality.

"A banker, it has been said jestingly, is a man who lends you an umbrella when the weather is good and takes it back when it rains. It would be more correct to say that the banker, at the beginning of a storm which might turn the umbrella inside out, demands that you do not open it, but stay indoors."

At the end of the day, banks are in business to make money.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Same as the Mexican cartels leave them alone
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This movement is our Woodstock. A good chunk of these people are nothing but hippie scum. Don't believe me? Go take a look in person at some of the Occupy movements all over the country. I just came back from Chico this week and observed the little group that they had there. People are pissed because they went to school, came out, and they're working at Starbucks or have no job. Nobody said you are guaranteed to have a job if you have a degree, especially if you went the easy route and picked a degree that was nearly effortless to retain, and is practically useless. There's no way these people can hold a job and stay camped out for so long. They are just there to complain and stir up/create a situation. Some of them don't even know why they are there!

These people are lame. Don't like corporations? Turn in your iPhones, laptops, and your very nice digital cameras that you are using to capture the movement. You say you don't like to support them, right? Don't forget to close out your bank accounts too.

I'm not standing up for the banks. Truthfully, if it weren't for the convenience of Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America ATMs all over the place, I don't think I would bank with any of those businesses. I get really annoyed when I deposit a check and they ask me every single time, I see you don't have a savings account... FWIW, credit unions seem to be a little more friendly.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The banks are corrupt whether you know it or not. These people actually have the courage to go against something that other wouldn't. These people are no different than Andrew Jackson or JFK which both went against the banks because of the dirty nature of their business. Jackson was successful but JFK was killed in the process what a coincidence. Anyways i give these people credit for going after what they believe in. It's no different than nurses or teachers going on strike they just want change and go through drastic measures to try to accomplish it. I know this has been posted before but just to refresh your perspective on the banks http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4nyrj9vwd&reload=3#/watch?v=kD1G7f4bE0w

--------------------
03 Terminator

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Andrew Jackson was a great man...... Most of these people could care less about everyone else but themselves.

One thing that was said above..... Banks have to make money. If you can't buy something with cash, don't buy it with credit. Do you really need that big ass TV on credit?

Only thing I'd would make payments on now is a house. I'll never have another car payment again..... [patriot]

[ October 23, 2011, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like how all these people are labeled hippie scum but if you the tea party you are a great American fighting for your rights. Its easy to label the group as something to disregard their message. I could say that the tea party is a bunch of racist rednecks and none of their points are valid.
Regardless of the message its everyone's right to protest and be heard.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Andrew Jackson was a great man...... Most of these people could care less about everyone else but themselves.

One thing that was said above..... Banks have to make money. If you can't buy something with cash, don't buy it with credit. Do you really need that big ass TV on credit?

Only thing I'd would make payments on now is a house. I'll never have another car payment again..... [patriot]

I feel exactly how you do on many points but you can't generalize people they're not all hippies without jobs some of them are political leaders tryin to make a difference

--------------------
03 Terminator

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think everyone is confused about what those people are protesting about... There protesting about using your money you have in the bank to make investment bets and if they don't pan out your left holding the bag and you have to pay for there bets the FDIC is there trying to stop banks from doing this but the gov is saying it's ok ... There not protesting against banks for raising rates

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Here is a bit of background in the recent bank situation.
The govt loosened restriction on lending to commercial
as well as investment banks. Loans were being handed out
to anyone that could sign their name, and investments
were being made that before were to risky and therefore
restricted. Banks were bundling these together and
selling to big investment banks, these banks were bundling
them even bigger and selling them as shares. The banks were then pulling insurance policies protecting all this bad money in case it defaulted, but they could careless, if it defaults insurance companies cover it ( ex. AIG) if it doesn't
loans get paid back with interest anyway. At this point
everyone is pushing loans harder and harder, seeing as they have eliminated all liability. Well shit hits the fan, economy
slows and loan defaults start coming in, Insurance company
can't cover the money, banks can't cover the paper they
sold and both are poised to completely belly up. Govt steps
in shuffles the banks around so the big get monsterous and then takes present and future taxpayer money to cover
the ludicrous loans and investments that were made, but all the exec still sit on the millions they made the last few years.

Sidenote its not all on the banks, I think alot if blame should still fall on the individuals that received loans that they had no hope if paying back.

[ October 23, 2011, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: sinisterblk ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I know alot of people who bought homes with no money down and low ARM rates..... Guess what, they pulled money out of their homes and bought all kinds of toys..... Not a worry about how they where gonna pay for it.

Now us taxpayers get stuck with the bill.....Alot of people made stupid finacial choices and are looking for someone to blame other then themselves.
Like: Bush, Republicans, Fox news, Tea Party, Banks, Rich People, anyone who makes over 250,000 a year...... Oh and Fast Food Joints cause they tricked you into eating 10,000 calories a day LOL.

[ October 23, 2011, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
I know alot of people who bought homes with no money down and low ARM rates..... Guess what, they pulled money out of their homes and bought all kinds of toys..... Not a worry about how they where gonna pay for it.

Now us taxpayers get stuck with the bill.....Alot of people made stupid finacial choices and are looking for someone to blame other then themselves.

Exaclty, two weeks ago I stopped by chase and was approached by some protestor telling me I shouldn't bank with chase because they gave him a home loan he couldn't afford and foreclosed on his house. I responded to him why did he sign and agree to accept the loan, his response. " I didn't know what I was signing"
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

quote:

Completely true, I just go back and forth and who
should receive the bailout help, banks or individuals. It
makes me uneasy that the govt forceable bailed out
the banks and now have a big say in this public
corporations. Another debatable topic is did the
bailout essential save our economy from compete destruction.
I say just let the impotent hippies wave there signs and
chase butterflies through the tents, if nothing else we are
having discussion on it. On cafords none the less!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com