Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » impoverished children in uganda

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: impoverished children in uganda
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was just watching a video of kids in uganda, check it out...pretty long (10 min) but its really heartbreaking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7ZQUzr0yo&feature=channel_video_title

is anybody down to get some money together and send it to the church that tries to help these kids? all in the name of california ford owners. it works out for both...mostly, of course, for the impoverished kids...shit is sad fellas...were out here, buying 1000's of dollars worth of rims and shit...and look at these kids laying in the dirt, cant even hold their own body weight. sad. just a thought. i know the USA has their own problems and maybe our own household has issues with food...but it cant be as bad as ugandas, or any other 3rd world country out there...do what it do.

http://www.sandamianofoundation.org/

[ October 15, 2011, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I learned all about this when I was in HS. This has been happening for years, the orginization I was part of was called Invisible Children. Look it up and watch the documentary, you'll see some real shit.

Even had a kid named Joseph from Uganda come and we were talking to him and even though they are so impoverished they stay strong. Definately something to look into.

The US doesn't help because it doesn't benefit at all from Africa. If they had oil and all that I bet they would be there and take over in a matter of minutes.

[ October 14, 2011, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: JUNKYARD5.0 ]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So your sayin the US doesn't send Africa any aid?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im sure they do...but im talking on becoming involved on a more personal level.

and that invisible children video saddens me more...man

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's completely heartbreaking. I've been to other countries in Asia where I have seen something similar. It makes you wonder and place everything in perspective on what we do in our lives to make it a better place. How can you not give the shirt off your back when these kids are just dying right on the ground right in front of you [Frown]

It definitely makes you think....so the next time you get your fancy wheels, spend big bucks on a new paint job (oh just to be noticed more) or spend 15k plus on a motor just to be a little bit faster..think of those kids and ask yourself if it is all that important to get that stuff when a fraction of that money spent could save these kids lives. Jeez..just a few cookies and these two kids gained enough strength to situp

I am all for donating..been doing it already, but it would be nice gesture if a lump sum could be sent by CA fords [worship] [worship]

[ October 15, 2011, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in if we do get something together ..this is truely heart breaking , I will definetly get involved and donate monthly to the cause.
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

quote:
Originally posted by LX347hatch:
I'm in if we do get something together ..this is truely heart breaking , I will definetly get involved and donate monthly to the cause.

There's an option that's called schools for schools, maybe we can set up CAFords as a school and donate and it keeps track of how much you have helped as an individual and etc. Idk just a thought, or we can get the shirts they sell and see how many CAFords members want to buy them. The shirts have really cool designs.

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by LX347hatch:

There's an option that's called schools for schools, maybe we can set up CAFords as a school and donate and it keeps track of how much you have helped as an individual and etc. Idk just a thought, or we can get the shirts they sell and see how many CAFords members want to buy them. The shirts have really cool designs.
im down bro , i will be buyng a shirt from them for sure.
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of my friends flew to Africa for 2 weeks to donate his time and skills for operations on children..... Some of the stuff he seen there was really sad. We forget how good we have it here in America. I know we are having pretty bad economic problems here, but I still seen people in line @ Apple yesterday. [Frown]

Good post and I'll try and donate money when I can to help out. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This was sad, ill be down to help with and attend anything you guys decide to do.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Good to see that CaFords love shinin! Ill email them and see how we can setup an account...5 bucks a month from each of us can probly build a hospital or school there...like it was said before me, we have it good here...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Snakezilla
¯
Member # 9553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakezilla  Ford pictures for Snakezilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
count me for a donation..
8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8urgm  Ford pictures for 8urgm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This really hit my feelings, its to much to see.
I would donate my part

--------------------
* ILLICIT FORDS* SHARK TOWN*

04 BLK TERMINATOR

RIP PRIMO RICARDO 3/10/12
RIP LIL HOMIE TECH9 3/8/12
RIP HOMIE WILLIE(5ltrsvt) 11/23/12

Posts: 439 | From: SAN JOSE/EL DF | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What bothers me is how much, if any, of the money you send actually goes to help these kids? In all honesty I think you can go to a lot of different places in the world and find a few people in this condition, if you want to send your hard earned money there to help and you honestly feel you are making a difference then go for it. I myself feel it could be used elsewhere, maybe in your own city, to make a difference you can see. You could send a million dollars to the kids in Uganda and that video will still be on YouTube.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Im pretty sure 5 bucks a month will go way further in uganda, than it would here. Thats the difference. But its your money bro, do what it do.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuBsNoYn7to&feature=related

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GO 49ers

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

quote:
Originally posted by DollaR BiLL:
GO 49ers

GTFO with that cat ass shit, nobody is trying to hear it.

--------------------
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hahha..ooops wrong thread..GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

i emailed the foundation to confirm the po box address on their website is ok to send donations to...no reply yet.

if no reply soon, ill just end up sending a money order...

do what you can fellas on your own time and dime...i will make it from cafords when i send it..

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

so just got an email back from Barbara Luttenberger (director of admin) and she confirmed if you would like to donate and would prefer to send it via mail, the address is:

San Damiano Foundation
PO Box 1693
Burbank, CA 91507

or you can do it by going to their website and clicking the "donate" icon...

i understand the hesitation on giving out your credit card info, address, etc...thats why i requested a mail in donation with a money order for peace of mind...but it seems legit, however its up to you...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
Im pretty sure 5 bucks a month will go way further in uganda, than it would here. Thats the difference. But its your money bro, do what it do.

I'm sure $5 would go a lot farther there but my point was how much of that $5, if any, will make it to Uganda? You send your money to southern Cali then what? Shit, I could start my own foundation where the money sent in could make a nice documentary showing how sad some kids are, then I throw them a sandwich and they smile for the camera. Just because you see the video doesn't mean they get the money. There are hundreds of snakes out there praying on peoples emotions and I don't trust these foundations. That's why I suggest getting involved in your own community, at least you can see the results and make a real difference and not line someones pockets. Just my .02

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

if you lose sleep over 5 bucks, for (who knows) an organization that SAYS they do good, then so be it...im sure the organization in question needs to feed themselves as well while they are out there, or even for gas to LAX...who knows bro...bottom line its not much $ imo and real or fake, ill know i tried...at the very least...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com