Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How much am I looking to spend?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How much am I looking to spend?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well my wiring for stereo N speakers is ALL fucked up in my car someone like cut it so my question is how much am I looking to spend to re-wire it all? If its too much then I'll just keep it stereoless even tho I love music....

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the wiring? power, ground,etc...or the speaker wires and stuff??

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

99 blue bird
¯
Member # 10367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99 blue bird  Ford pictures for 99 blue bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you put in an after market deck just find the hot wire, accessory wire, and ground wire from the main harness from the car and hook it up to your deck. than run all your speaker wires directly from your speakers to deck. or from speakers to amp to deck that is if you decide to run an amp to your component speakers.
Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can hook it up for the low pm me your phone number and ill have you slappin in no time. Im in south city so we can meet up whenever you ready.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
I can hook it up for the low pm me your phone number and ill have you slappin in no time. Im in south city so we can meet up whenever you ready.

You shure you can do it? I mean I hooked up all the stereo in my old car N this one seems like a headache in a half but if you can let me know how much I'm not really focusing on having beat yet although I have all the stuff in my roon I just want to listen to music for now

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99 blue bird:
if you put in an after market deck just find the hot wire, accessory wire, and ground wire from the main harness from the car and hook it up to your deck. than run all your speaker wires directly from your speakers to deck. or from speakers to amp to deck that is if you decide to run an amp to your component speakers.

I was actually curious if that were possible. As I don't think my GT has any stereo wiring. Haha.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea ive done it all before its possible ive started with nothing in my 68, fixed hacked up jobs on a few of my 50's and done tv's and monster beat in a few buicks i had. Depends on how your wires are looking bring it by and ill give u an estimate its not my main hustle its my hobby so i aint gon charge u nowhere near beatshop prices. I also used to work for best buy audio so i aint gona ghetto rig the shit out of your car if u got the supplies i got the skills.

[ September 23, 2011, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Tony Montana ]

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Fosho I'll be in the eastbay tomorrow [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Uhhh I'm a certified MECP Advanced.. I can do it lol. Fuck running new speaker wire. A waste of money. 12g speaker wires NOT gonna make your Sony Xplodes sound any better. lmk. I actually do mobile audio video for a living, I'm not just some kid who's done his boys Honda civic 1 time and think I'm hella sick at stereos.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Uhhh I'm a certified MECP Advanced.. I can do it lol. Fuck running new speaker wire. A waste of money. 12g speaker wires NOT gonna make your Sony Xplodes sound any better. lmk. I actually do mobile audio video for a living, I'm not just some kid who's done his boys Honda civic 1 time and think I'm hella sick at stereos.

Just FYI, if you gonna get charged more than 85 bucks to have your deck installed you getting raped. ESPECIALLY if its some dude you dont know.

Just to give you an idea. If you go to Best Buy, your gonna get charged 50 for a deck install, and 35 to hard wire it if your harness is cut from the connectors.

Ooops, ment to press edit, not quote. Oh well!

[ September 23, 2011, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: MikeD. ]

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

85 is nowhere in the range where im looking to charge that man and you are right its not necessary to run larger wire for just an aftermarket deck.If the wires are salvageable by all means they can be used. Im not an amateur but at this point in ife its a hobby, im just looking to help a member out.

--------------------

510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a question for the car audio guys.im installing a aftermarket radio in my 87 turbo coupe and having trouble i got the plugs so everything just plugs in.i got everything connected and it turns on but no sound.also had a power wire that was going to a screw in the back i have it diconnected because when it connected it blows the fuse.car has premium sound with eq.any help will be greatly appreciated.thanks

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't forget speakers in da grill bruh!
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:
i have a question for the car audio guys.im installing a aftermarket radio in my 87 turbo coupe and having trouble i got the plugs so everything just plugs in.i got everything connected and it turns on but no sound.also had a power wire that was going to a screw in the back i have it diconnected because when it connected it blows the fuse.car has premium sound with eq.any help will be greatly appreciated.thanks

You probably didnt run the turn on for the factory amp. Make sure ALL your blue wires coming off the harness you bought connect to the blue and white off the aftermarket deck.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

BackwardSnake
¯
Member # 10857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackwardSnake  Ford pictures for BackwardSnake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:ex
Don't forget speakers in da grill bruh!

I got some grill speakers for sale

--------------------
Hi, my name is Jimmy Herrera aka 91Trunkster (510)375-1589 and I got snitched out by my friend or friends. Ain't that a bitch, some one or some people would rat out my fake account here to keep their own secret fake account? If you all forgot, I'm an old ass 30 something year old "man" that likes to make internet friends with boys fresh out of highschool. I like to post "bruh" a lot just like the annoying immature and ghetto CAFords kids do. I like to talk shit about this website, make it look bad, all the while trying to make and save money off of other members here. Some may call me a selfish immature bitch. Deep down I know they are correct, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life or anything but negativity to offer this community. This is a free site. Suckers spend good time and money to keep this website going. They're suckers for doing so, so fuck them, I'm going to take them for all they got. It's all about me in this world.

Who is the next troll or just plain annoying post whore to get the boot???

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/megamallard/guaposheep.jpg

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neight, sent you a PM the other day and just following up on my thread about a week or two ago. Thanks!

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you find someone who did a good job, PM me the number, my hatch needs the same shit.

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:

It might be the remote wire for your factory amp but it also might be that your factory amp that is burnt out. I've had to run all new wiring from an aftermarket deck to the speakers themselves.

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com