Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any truck drivers here??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any truck drivers here??
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well since all the county sherriffs and police departments near sac are hurting for money, I thought I would get my class A and try my hand at that. When I was younger I wanted to drive a big truck anyway.. From what I hear, I have to have atleast 2yeaRS OTR before I get a local route which sucks to me.. Anybody here get a local job without the 2years??

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

BackwardSnake
¯
Member # 10857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackwardSnake  Ford pictures for BackwardSnake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have my Class A, but I'm no truck driver

--------------------
Hi, my name is Jimmy Herrera aka 91Trunkster (510)375-1589 and I got snitched out by my friend or friends. Ain't that a bitch, some one or some people would rat out my fake account here to keep their own secret fake account? If you all forgot, I'm an old ass 30 something year old "man" that likes to make internet friends with boys fresh out of highschool. I like to post "bruh" a lot just like the annoying immature and ghetto CAFords kids do. I like to talk shit about this website, make it look bad, all the while trying to make and save money off of other members here. Some may call me a selfish immature bitch. Deep down I know they are correct, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life or anything but negativity to offer this community. This is a free site. Suckers spend good time and money to keep this website going. They're suckers for doing so, so fuck them, I'm going to take them for all they got. It's all about me in this world.

Who is the next troll or just plain annoying post whore to get the boot???

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/megamallard/guaposheep.jpg

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a cdl and work for waste management... no otr driving for me,home everyday
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my dad got his class a d.l. and has always been a local driver long hours but he sleeps in his house everyday
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my CDL, i heard the test isn't any different from the CDL except you got a trailer.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got my A and all endorsements. Work for the city. I got very lucky. Good to have because you basically can always find work.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok my next question is.. Should I go to like a Western Truck School, or just get my class a and try and get a job??

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have my cdl, and I got a local job, with no experience and being 21, I got the job in march of this year, so its possible to get a local job without the 2 years experience, or unless I just got lucky.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
Ok my next question is.. Should I go to like a Western Truck School, or just get my class a and try and get a job??

If you don't have a way to use a big truck then the school is about your only chance to get a CDL. I didn't go thru a school . My work let me use their truck to practice and take the test.
How old are you btw? Most places want you to be 21 for insurance reasons..... Mike Lawery off hwy 80 freeway is usually hiring new drivers. But most are seasonal from what I've heard.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:

If you don't have a way to use a big truck then the school is about your only chance to get a CDL. I didn't go thru a school . My work let me use their truck to practice and take the test.
How old are you btw? Most places want you to be 21 for insurance reasons..... Mike Lawery off hwy 80 freeway is usually hiring new drivers. But most are seasonal from what I've heard.

I dnt wanna be seasonal lol... But ill be 23 on the 6th of October..

--------------------

Thugnificent

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was thinking of getting mine to,since i was laid off from my job and now have to work shit jobs.My uncles friend is a truck driver and maid 120,000 last year.He owns his own trucks tho.He has been trying to get me to get mine so I can work with him.So go for it,and they have turbos on them so you can start new threads about getting more power out your truck.HAHA j.k.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u guys are laid off right now,unemployment will pay for your cdl course..thats what my buddy did edd paid for his license..you can always try people like sysco,distrubutors..some would like expirience or will take you on a road test and maybe if you impress em they'll take u in.
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlkZ28Kreepn:
if u guys are laid off right now,unemployment will pay for your cdl course..thats what my buddy did edd paid for his license..you can always try people like sysco,distrubutors..some would like expirience or will take you on a road test and maybe if you impress em they'll take u in.

Sysco requires atleast 2 year multi stop route experience. I just started working there last month. I got my cdl at my job before delivering beer and they trained me and also let me use one of the rigs to take the test. Work loooooong hours but the paycheck makes it worth it to me...
To the OP you should deffinently check out the free edd training mentioned above bc those schools can cost up to a few grand... Good luck oh and get all the endorsments you can! I fucked up and didn't care to get the doubles and tanker and am kicking myself in the ass for not getting them...

BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought about going to sysco but the hours ruin it for me haha i work 4-10s and i would hate to have random days off during the week but yeah my buddy works at the fremont plant and i have seen his check..pretty nice,but dude partys tuesday and wednesday nights..maybe one day i'll do it...i also work for beer distrubutor in sj..started as a helper they helped me get my class a too..saves money for sure!
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Wat companies do u guys work for? I start school nxt sat.. I just wanted to get an idea on where to apply once I get my class a..

--------------------

Thugnificent

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com