Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Stupid question but had to ask

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid question but had to ask
90.5.0GT
¯
Member # 8843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90.5.0GT  Ford pictures for 90.5.0GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you use the carpool lane if you have a rear seat delete kit? [Big Grin] I was just curious cause one day I was thinking if I should put one in or not and that question came across my mind.
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do. but I dont have the rear seat belts in either
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as long as you still have someone sitting in the passenger sear. Regardless of seating availability, you need two or more people. Its no different then a s2000 or miata with two people using the carpool lane.

i personally don't understand the rear seat delete unless you are turning the car into a full on race car. How much does the backseat weigh? and how much of a difference would 30-40 pounds really make on performance? Is there an added benefit I'm missing? Not trying to be an ass at all, just curious.

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can use the carpool lane as long as you have a passenger in the car with you. It doesn't matter how many seats you have.
Some carpool lanes require 2 or more passengers so you wouldn't be able to use them if you don't have a backseat for the extra person.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

90.5.0GT
¯
Member # 8843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90.5.0GT  Ford pictures for 90.5.0GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was just a thought of doing it...

1.So when I go out with my friends, I can only take one with me.

2.My wife is on maternity leave and is out for a couple months. Me and her son commutes in to the city for work and he goes to school out there, would like to use the carpool lane. Traffic is a bitch coming back home!

But thanks for all the response from everyone!

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes i do,and i have a rear seat...so yes

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need fastrak as well for the carpool lanes

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

90.5.0GT
¯
Member # 8843

I have fastrak already but i just dont have a third person to use that lane and I don't want to casual carpool. And I'm no carpool violator either, f*ck that. Not trying to pay 3 hundred something dollars for getting caught in the lane.
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to guess no. If I just leave the driver's seat in my car can I use a two or three person carpool lane by myself? If the vehicle was designed with four seats, pulling some out probably doesn't count.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just buy a blow up doll. You can use it when you get home too! [Wink] [patriot]

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSF SVT:

LOL i have seen that before.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSF SVT:

can he barrow yours?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com