Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pic's of my motor swap and a BIG THANKS to Dan aka Turbo50

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pic's of my motor swap and a BIG THANKS to Dan aka Turbo50
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well last week I have been working on swapping my motor out. The new motor consists of JohnB's old whore. Gt40p's, B303 cam, 1.7's, ported explorer intake and BBK 1 3/4 LT's. Got the motor from Dan for a stupid ridiculous amount of doughnuts and Candy bars for is son. The long block was already assembled for me with new head gaskets, but was originally rebuilt by JohnB, so obviously runs like shit.. Hehehe jk!!

In any case Dan's the MAN on this one. Helped me out more than my own dad would would, and for less money! Dudes taken care of me from day one with my original GT he built for me. Can't explain how many times he's saved my ass. He understands what its like to be young and dumb, and goes was far and beyond being just another board member that can build some sick combos. He KNOWS what the fuck he's doing. I owe him big time, but he already has everything, so I think were good for now. Don't be afraid to drop your car, motor, Chevy, Ford, girlfriend (god I still miss her) hehehe, (but no fat chicks), off to him they will come back running hard, and fast. Unless you my GF, she has yet to call, and the last I seen her she was walking funny... Lmao.

Anyway Thanks, Dick.. ahh I mean Dan.

Pics!!

Say adio's!!
 -
Almost There!
 -
New fresh joint (did the best to cover up that ugly blue)
 -
Gone!!
 -
Cleaning up the engine bay a bit
 -
 -
Almost ready for install!!
 -
Infamous
 -
Is it in yet!?
 -
Powder coat chrome FTW
 -
Its stock
 -
Done! Well kinda.
 -

And for reference, anyone doing P's. These are BBK 1 3/4 LT's. Fit GREAT with no modification to make room for plugs.

Passenger side has just as much room at E7's
 -
Driver side, a bit close on 6 and 7, but no need for booties, or short plugs.
 -

Still working on a few bugs, have a little bit of a hunting idle, but still using stock MAF and throttle body. Going to a bigger accufab also. Run HARD though. From idle to 6 it pulls! Stock gears im blowing up 1st to 2nd. Decent torque, and great MID to TOP. And it sounds nasty pinned. Thanks again Dan!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very very nice...

2 questions though:

1. what's with the thumb up?

2. is your GF a dude cause I know Dan pretty well... [patriot]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice !!!
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"COOL FUCKIN STORY BROTHER"

looks good bro!! ytou should come to my side of town and show me the car!! when its done done!!

[patriot] [Eek!] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Freshassdee
¯
Member # 10933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshassdee  Ford pictures for Freshassdee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good ass job. Well done , can somebody say built not bought

--------------------
2007 Focus
1986 Mustang Gt
[IMG]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af115/freshassdee/f39fdae9-1-3.jpg[/IMG]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gotta quit puttin honey on my cock when it gets sucked...lol JUST KIDDIN FUNNY HAHAA

Whats up with that gay ass pose? You did that to me two years ago too...

I like your license plate lol

Oh and you are very welcome, one day when you are no longer young and dumb you may actually make something of yourself. Until then try to stay out of prison. Its easy to end up there.

Dan "magic cock"

[ September 10, 2011, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! What's next? Supercharger? Twin Turbo? [Big Grin]

[ September 10, 2011, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Smoked50 ]

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
very very nice...

2 questions though:

1. what's with the thumb up?

2. is your GF a dude cause I know Dan pretty well... [patriot]

Is that what that was? His thumbs aren't really "up". It looks like he's holding an invisible PS3 controller.

And the front plate was good for a laugh.

[ September 10, 2011, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thug life!!! i like the " not for 73ondubs" fuck that piece of shit

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool short story bro... Car looks good, lets hit the track! Btw nice lift plate and cherry popper, I hear the guy you got that from has a huge man piece.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good MikeD..DAN IS THE MAN

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on fellas. The thumbs up thing is a long story, but to make it short.. I was messing around with a chick from work when I was about 17, and my thumb got a butt.. uhh bit lost. Back when I had a facebook myspace w/e I took a picture with her with the thumbs up, everyone got it except her and ever since then it has been my signature pose..

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Right on fellas. The thumbs up thing is a long story, but to make it short.. I was messing around with a chick from work when I was about 17, and my thumb got a butt.. uhh bit lost. Back when I had a facebook myspace w/e I took a picture with her with the thumbs up, everyone got it except her and ever since then it has been my signature pose..

Got lost? Or is that just what you wanted her to think? hahahaha

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice build Mike!!
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
90LXdiaz
¯
Member # 10265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LXdiaz  Ford pictures for 90LXdiaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm car looks familiar lol

very nice swap man! i can see youve been taking good care of her [patriot]

Posts: 186 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need a big e fan and 3 row alluminum radiator bro!!! throw away that clutch fan and stock junk radiator!!!!!

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by 1RaW93SvT:
you need a big e fan and 3 row alluminum radiator bro!!! throw away that clutch fan and stock junk radiator!!!!!

Bro this thing runs a 180 all day all day. I had a Mark 8 fan on my last car and it was cool (no pun intended), but I like to not have to worry about a switch failing, or forgetting to turn it on.

Ohh and yeah I bet this car looks familiar man! I have been taking real good care of her! Thanks again bud!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com