Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fair price to pay for the installation of a MM Torque Arm?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fair price to pay for the installation of a MM Torque Arm?
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you guys think is the going rate to install a MM T/A?

I was quoted $500-600 which sounds about 2x more than I expected.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1 meeelion dollars.....o

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
J/k....a friend of mine used to charge 350 to 400..its a lot if work

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To properly install the torque arm is alot of work. Depending on your exhaust, that has to be modified then you have to weld the tabs to the subframe connectors which could be a pain depending on the surface condition, and you have to make sure the pinion angle is correct and torque arm square. And this is all assuming that the panhard bar is already installed. To me that sounds about right but I do all my own work on the cars so I'm usually surprised by what stuff costs.
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Luke, you can't do it yourself?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can do the PHB your self it's not that hard (2hrs)
The angle on the TA is very important and the install requires welding I'd only trust a experienced shop to do it. But doing the PHB your self shoul cuts a few hundred off the quote.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys, the car already has a MM Panhard and full length subs.

Lee for the past 14 yrs or so I have done everything on my own cars. This is the first year where I would rather pay someone than lose a weekend in the garage... Call it maturity or call it getting old, lol... Priorities shift I guess...

I read the MM install instructions and would expect to pay 250-300, but of course I could be wrong.

--------------------
Stangless

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam that much just for the TA?
Call lupe from minekee mufflers in redwood city
I introduced sydwayasix to him. The guy is a dedicated road racer with a dream garage filled of road race fastbacks to Griggs built sn95 cobra.
Think of him as the peninsulas mustang suspension guru.
Tell him Albert sent you.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Albert thanks for that! I heard about him and also heard his prices are very reasonable... Do u know the best way to get in contact with him?

--------------------
Stangless

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Luke, come on man, you not as old as me, I thought you did all the work on your old Coupe. The hardest part would be the welding, but I think I remember you had a friend that welds.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Lee, the coupe was all built by me and I can weld too.

But after 50+hr work weeks + international travel, weekends are beyond precious these days lol...

--------------------
Stangless

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

I am in the same boat, also try having a Wife, 4 kids and 4 dogs, that's why it's taking me so long to finish my projects.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Albert thanks for that! I heard about him and also heard his prices are very reasonable... Do u know the best way to get in contact with him?

I don't have the shops number any more but I'm sure u can look it up or pm Ian?
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:
quote:

I don't have the shops number any more but I'm sure u can look it up or pm Ian?
Lupe is the man when it come to suspension . He did my cat back on my 5.o and my 5 lug set up .
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks guys, the car already has a MM Panhard and full length subs.

Lee for the past 14 yrs or so I have done everything on my own cars. This is the first year where I would rather pay someone than lose a weekend in the garage... Call it maturity or call it getting old, lol... Priorities shift I guess...

I read the MM install instructions and would expect to pay 250-300, but of course I could be wrong.

That's what it should cost^^^ $250 to $300 max

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lupe for president [Big Grin] He definitely knows his stuff! Like I mentioned before, he did my 95 cobra and now my 98 cobra and both turned out great! VERY reasonably priced compared to quotes I've heard from others.

You can call Meineke in Redwood City and ask for Lupe: (650)365-0261. Tell him I sent you (dont bother mentioning Albert's name...he's in Arizona now [Razz] J/K)

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Whoops, the $500-600 quote was to install subs, Panhard, and TA.

The TA alone is $300 which is in the ballpark of what I would expect (assuming you have the subs and Panhard already installed).

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com